Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are Pruitt at your job
tenor.gif

Oh no.....how will I survive?!?!?

nobody believes that when you weaklings say that. If it were true you would not feel the need to tell us how much you don’t care. If you could ignore me then you would not have felt the need to respond in the first place.

View attachment 335195

Mills is obviously mentally incapacitated as he cannot handle people disagreeing with him and feels the need to put them on ignore. Wonder how he faces the real world where the ignore button doesn't work?

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Sick and tired of coaching searches but not sick and tired of a 3-7 record in year 3 therein lies the problem with the administration, and im not bashing you specifically I just think accepting failure is way worse than trying to change it but that’s just me..

I don’t think you understood my post at all. No where did I say I was ok with 3-7 or accept failure. I have been a UT fan a long time and I love this team and love to win. At some point the cycle has to break. Since 2009, we have had 4 coaches, 4 ADs, 3 chancellors, 3 presidents and none that including interims. Not to mention multiple NCAA and compliance investigations. This year has been an absolute crap shoot and we do not know what the year would look like if it had been a regular year.

My point is, at some point we have to step back and break the cycle. All of you thinking l, we are all of sudden going to hire some show stopper of a coach need I get your head out of the sand. We have fumbled every coaching search we have conducted. We need to figure out how to fix what we have.

Oh no.....how will I survive?!?!?

nobody believes that when you weaklings say that. If it were true you would not feel the need to tell us how much you don’t care. If you could ignore me then you would not have felt the need to respond in the first place.

View attachment 335195
I deeply regret his 8 years in office also

How did Alabama and other good teams manage? Sorry but that is making excuses for Pruitt.

Wasn’t it stated repeatedly throughout the offseason that Knox county had ridiculously strict Covid/quarantine rules?

Like Bailey and Morris both spent something like 30-40 days in quarantine etc

I don’t think you understood my post at all. No where did I say I was ok with 3-7 or accept failure. I have been a UT fan a long time and I love this team and love to win. At some point the cycle has to break. Since 2009, we have had 4 coaches, 4 ADs, 3 chancellors, 3 presidents and none that including interims. Not to mention multiple NCAA and compliance investigations. This year has been an absolute crap shoot and we do not know what the year would look like if it had been a regular year.

My point is, at some point we have to step back and break the cycle. All of you thinking l, we are all of sudden going to hire some show stopper of a coach need I get your head out of the sand. We have fumbled every coaching search we have conducted. We need to figure out how to fix what we have.
What cycle though? Is there such a thing as a cycle of firing bad coaches? You keep hiring a coach till you get it right this cycle of losing is the only thing I see...

I put people to sleep so you can’t exactly take a play off there boys.
You kinda have to be really good at your job in that profession

Not making any excuse for Pruitt at all but the off season is where you improve.... there was no off-season this year.

That IS making an excuse for Pruitt, but in this case it is a very good one. This team really needed all the practices it could get, and they just did not happen, or happened with critical players out. People want to point that all teams had the same situation, but for two reasons that is not true.

Tennessee had some restrictions that some other teams did not. Also, I really have always believed that Tennessee would not be completely back until the players on the field were all Pruitt's players. We still have a lot of young players who have little experience. Those players needed the practice, and they did not get it!

Having said all that, I am not going to say that I know that Pruitt is going to turn things around. If we could have gotten a top notch coach (without a lot of baggage) this off-season, I would have been all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back