Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way Arkansas and Kentucky that blew us out were able too...
Yes both those teams sucked as well.... Arkansas won 3 games and Kentucky won 4..... the difference in our games was QB play..... the guy who should have been our QB didn’t get to practice in the off season..... I do feel he should be blamed for not handling that position better.

$$$ Barnes
What happened there is that Boyd and a handful of private donors agreed to the financial responsibility of Barnes' incentive/bonus restructuring in an effort to match where UCLA was financially.

Donors are handling Pruitt's as well in his new deal.

"Barnes’ incentive package has increased as well. If his team wins or shares the SEC regular season title, he will receive a $400,000 bonus. An SEC tournament championship title would mean another $200,000.

Barnes receives $200,000 for reaching the NCAA tournament and would get $1 million bonus for making the Final Four.

Barnes has incentives for coach of the year honors and he receives a bonus for his team being ranked at the end of the season. If his team finishes in the Top-25, Barnes will receive $100,000. In the top 5, it’s $400,000."

Rick could get a lot of extra cash in April.
-VQ

$$$ Barnes

-VQ
Well deserved for Barnes
our Donors need to understand also that football is the cash cow and for us to make money we have to spend money
Unfortunately they are willing to ride out another year with Gump to be fired only a year later for 2 million less. Not really sure I understand their way of thinking
Also for those who read this and say he might turn it around next year you have watched 3 years with pretty good talent and nothing shows he can turn it around
Don’t say he needs his recruits Arkansas just had a decent season after being boron of barrel year before

Reactions: volsfan_17
How did Alabama and other good teams manage? Sorry but that is making excuses for Pruitt.
No excuses for Pruitt bc I felt he should be replaced but I also know the difficult challenges he had.... several of the other schools didn’t contact trace like we did.... I don’t think Alabama did and the majority of their starters have 3 years in the program....

Reactions: SmokinBob and tnktm
No one on here is actually arguing for retaining him right? I mean, I’ve seen maybe 2-3 people
I’m one. I’m very critical of him and still like to joke about it, but I say let’s do it for one more year.

I want to see if Fulmer can develop him into a better leader. If things aren’t looking better by mid season then fire him, and give a new hire a little time before ESD.

That IS making an excuse for Pruitt, but in this case it is a very good one. This team really needed all the practices it could get, and they just did not happen, or happened with critical players out. People want to point that all teams had the same situation, but for two reasons that is not true.

Tennessee had some restrictions that some other teams did not. Also, I really have always believed that Tennessee would not be completely back until the players on the field were all Pruitt's players. We still have a lot of young players who have little experience. Those players needed the practice, and they did not get it!

Having said all that, I am not going to say that I know that Pruitt is going to turn things around. If we could have gotten a top notch coach (without a lot of baggage) this off-season, I would have been all for it.
I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back