Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes both those teams sucked as well.... Arkansas won 3 games and Kentucky won 4..... the difference in our games was QB play..... the guy who should have been our QB didn’t get to practice in the off season..... I do feel he should be blamed for not handling that position better.
And the excuse for defense regressing lol just stop

Reactions: hog88
ah ha! that's exactly right.

and i'm betting missing the entire off season was a large part why. again, at the risk of coming off like a defender of all things pruitt, i'll still not discount how big a deal it was for the 2019 class NOT to get the off season in between year 1 and 2. that was a lot bigger than most will admit, because your post is exactly right.....

everyone always talks about that year 1 to year 2 gap as the most important in a tenure, be it coaches or players, it's readily accepted that year 1 to year 2 is where you usually see the biggest improvement.

and that 2019 class got nada, zero, zilch of that.....
Did other teams have sophomores and freshmen take steps up in development? Of course they did. You can’t honestly look at any player on this team no matter how long they’ve been here and see improvement. Missing that time didn’t help but you have to find ways to improve yourself and as coaches, improve your team while you are in that time away. They, in fact, did none of the above. That is on coaching.

I’m one. I’m very critical of him and still like to joke about it, but I say let’s do it for one more year.

I want to see if Fulmer can develop him into a better leader. If things aren’t looking better by mid season then fire him, and give a new hire a little time before ESD.
Can you give me one area where the team has improved in 3 years?

$$$ Barnes

-VQ

Seems to me that ole Randy knows how to motivate a coach to do better and that’s by earning it!...maybe we don’t need Phillip at all!...👀😂 going forward with a contract like this..I have no earthly idea how Randy even signed off on Phillip giving Pruitt a extension before the season even started.that’s the difference between Phillip and Randy!..

Yeah they won 3 games
How many SEC teams did they beat last season? 0. how many this season? 3. if we improved the same amount as they did we would have finished where? 8-2?

Trying to say we didn't improve because there was no offseason is just a baseless argument when everyone went through the same thing.

Wasn’t it stated repeatedly throughout the offseason that Knox county had ridiculously strict Covid/quarantine rules?

Like Bailey and Morris both spent something like 30-40 days in quarantine etc
Just about every state had strict guidelines in May,June and July. Another excuse. Now you can tell me how other teams managed

The Arkansas team that went 3-7 with a QB completing almost 70% of his passes and a 17-4 td/int ratio?

What about them?
They really went 4-6. The refs totally screwed them at the end of that Auburn game. That was a fumble and not a spike to stop the clock.

No excuses for Pruitt bc I felt he should be replaced but I also know the difficult challenges he had.... several of the other schools didn’t contact trace like we did.... I don’t think Alabama did and the majority of their starters have 3 years in the program....
If I am not mistaken Bama in the first 2 weeks was missing quite a few players and I think they were the first ones to start taking hits. Either way Pruitt sucks and needs to be gone last month

How many SEC teams did they beat last season? 0. how many this season? 3. if we improved the same amount as they did we would have finished where? 8-2?

Trying to say we didn't improve because there was no offseason is just a baseless argument when everyone went through the same thing.
They also played 3 more sec games....the reason everyone loves the job Arkansas did was bc everyone thought they would suck..... the reason everyone hates the job Pruitt did is bc everyone thought we would take that next step..... i was on board with moving in a different direction..... it’s obvious he is staying so we can look at reasons why tennessee May take that next step and I think it is definitely possible.... covid has affected teams in different ways..... time to put last season behind us and look forward to the next opportunity.

No one on here is actually arguing for retaining him right? I mean, I’ve seen maybe 2-3 people
I'm not arguing for retaining him. I think he needs to go, but I would love to see him turn it around..but that is impossible at this point. Once things get this toxic there is no saving it IMO.

If I am not mistaken Bama in the first 2 weeks was missing quite a few players and I think they were the first ones to start taking hits. Either way Pruitt sucks and needs to be gone last month
I don’t think we compare to the best team in the country..... I was fine with moving ina. Different direction but he is staying so it is time to look forward to next season.

I'm not arguing for retaining him. I think he needs to go, but I would love to see him turn it around..but that is impossible at this point. Once things get this toxic there is no saving it IMO.
I agree with you. Would be an impressive feat for him to pull it off. Hopefully the team takes on an "its us against the world" mentality and it changes things.

That info from VQ shows Boyd and the donors might actually know what they are doing. In spite of what gets said about them on a message board by people who have no clue what’s going on with regards to the University and AD (myself included).
Yeah I think that’s one of the reasons it was brought up fairly recently that it wasn’t Fulmer, but Boyd and donors that were able to retain Barnes. I actually have more faith in Boyd than Fulmer when it comes to the business/administrative side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back