Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically my stance.

I’d love to replace him with an innovative offensive guy.

I just never truly believed we would, or believed all the hughmors. All the fake insider crap. Fooled me on the Gruden thing and I’ve learned my lesson. 😂

Ultimately I love this team and can’t quit it if I wanted to. Or at least it’d be ridiculously hard (twss).

I’m at the point where I’m resigned to the notion he’s coming back, and trying to find positives. I doubt he can turn it around. Especially if we keep Chaney.

But I’m gonna be a homer all offseason hoping we can find a way.

You had me until that statement. IMO the next season is totally dependent on Chaney being left alone to do his best work.

Jeremy has proven he is an operator, not a developer. He takes a system and operates it. His success came at schools with established elite head coaches with systems already in place. He enhanced the system and schemes a bit and operated them with strong talent in place. He maintained the already high talent level, but it was an easier sale with top HC's in place to close the deals. He has not developed anything to this point here. His D went backwards badly last season after having taken a step forward primarily with Botch's boys in Year 2.

Chaney is a developer. He has installed and used multiple systems and schemes at multiple places. This situation is probably his worst response to his coaching. Doesn't matter if you like him or his schemes - he's got the job done other places in the past. So why not now? IMO - CJP and QB.

So in search of positives barring UT doing the right thing - let Chaney be Chaney and get the O rolling with the talent he has. Jeremy's job would be to adapt his D to whatever Chaney wants to do instead of the exact opposite that has been happening unsuccessfully for 3 seasons. So many fans are not getting the attitude and system approach of the HC dictates the schemes they see on the field as well as the recruiting profiles. Jeremy blew it. If he comes back he has to completely revamp how he thinks he needs to do things.

JMO.

Choose to believe whatever you want. He isn’t a good head coach and we will be bad again next year. We better pray we bring in some top notch coaches to actually coach these kids up. The lack of development is astonishing. Worst it has been under any recent coach.
Add to that prayer, that Jeremy needs to concentrate on being a HEAD COACH and letting his assistants do their jobs unfettered.

Your right, KY is like a police state compared to TN when it comes to covid measures, yet they still found a way to come into Neyland and whip our @$$.

Doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the state. The 6 counties with health departments were controlled by those departments. But, whatever.

Your right, KY is like a police state compared to TN when it comes to covid measures, yet they still found a way to come into Neyland and whip our @$$.
It was specifically the contact tracing horse💩 in our case, and it was pretty widely reported in the preseason that it effected Tennessee worse than any other SEC team..but whatever...you wanna think the way you do, and nothing is going to change how you see it.

I don’t think you understood my post at all. No where did I say I was ok with 3-7 or accept failure. I have been a UT fan a long time and I love this team and love to win. At some point the cycle has to break. Since 2009, we have had 4 coaches, 4 ADs, 3 chancellors, 3 presidents and none that including interims. Not to mention multiple NCAA and compliance investigations. This year has been an absolute crap shoot and we do not know what the year would look like if it had been a regular year.

My point is, at some point we have to step back and break the cycle. All of you thinking l, we are all of sudden going to hire some show stopper of a coach need I get your head out of the sand. We have fumbled every coaching search we have conducted. We need to figure out how to fix what we have.
Hire a proven coach and not bargain bin shop. Spend the money for a proven coach and all is fixed. Pruitt is the worst head coach hire we have made. Maybe slightly above Dooley but I am not so sure. It’s an embarrassment to try and hope a failure of a coach is going to all the sudden turn it around. And I know you are respected on here but I know many who have watched practice and sat in Fulmers box for games. Let’s start putting the blame on the administration for not making good hires and go spend the money to fix it. Just my opinion of course. I’m tired of the let’s hope he figures it out and the admin care about winning. It’s all BS.

Add to that prayer, that Jeremy needs to concentrate on being a HEAD COACH and letting his assistants do their jobs unfettered.

Or at least stay in his lane. I’ve got no problem with him calling the D, just hands off the O. That antiquated ball control BS doesn’t work in today’s game.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I agree especially the offensive side of the ball..... he needs to let it move into this era and get his defense tightened up..... Chaney did coordinate one of the first spread passing attacks at Purdue.

I mean he’s better than Pru, but so is 90% of other coaches. He’s still Mehlen and an absolute cringe weirdo
I still don't want him, but he wouldn't be doing this bad I don't think. He wouldn't have stuck with JG, which IMO cost us at least three games...he is still meh. And he would have ended up fired here too after averaging 7 wins over 5-6 seasons.

I have never said Mehlan was a bad coach...he is just...meh.

What double standards?

I guess you forgot Ole Dan lost to UK. Also like Smyrna’s comments about UF would fire a coach immediately for losing to Georgia State...except that Muschamp lost to an FCS Georgia Southern and didn’t get fired.

I have been through multiple coaching hot seats and firings on message boards. I get people are frustrated, but the emotions cloud statements about things that are just not accurate.

Dan Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt...but this is my opinion...he’s not the answer at a place like UT. His recruiting is not good enough and if you thought Butch was goofy...

Seems to me that ole Randy knows how to motivate a coach to do better and that’s by earning it!...maybe we don’t need Phillip at all!...👀😂 going forward with a contract like this..I have no earthly idea how Randy even signed off on Phillip giving Pruitt a extension before the season even started.that’s the difference between Phillip and Randy!..
Fulmer is a great salesman. He gets donors to donate and does a lot of visits to be the face of the program.

I still don't want him, but he wouldn't be doing this bad I don't think. He wouldn't have stuck with JG, which IMO cost us at least three games...he is still meh. And he would have ended up fired here too after averaging 7 wins over 5-6 seasons.

I have never said Mehlan was a bad coach...he is just...meh.
No we’ve said the same. He’s a good coach but wouldn’t recruit good enough here to win a championship. Fl is a good fit for him because recruiting is easier there. And even there he isn’t recruiting good enough to win a title. Their own fans are mad at him for this. He is what he is.

Best way to do it is exchange it for an iPhone. Voila...problem fixed.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back