Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you forgot Ole Dan lost to UK. Also like Smyrna’s comments about UF would fire a coach immediately for losing to Georgia State...except that Muschamp lost to an FCS Georgia Southern and didn’t get fired.

I have been through multiple coaching hot seats and firings on message boards. I get people are frustrated, but the emotions cloud statements about things that are just not accurate.

Dan Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt...but this is my opinion...he’s not the answer at a place like UT. His recruiting is not good enough and if you thought Butch was goofy...
That's fair. I was a bit confused by what you meant by double standards.

I don’t care. Mullen isn’t my coach. All of this was stated by several of us even before UF hired him.

It’s just funny some of the double standards.

They don’t ever want to admit the fans are right about anything. 2 extremely good examples tonight:

Cuonzo is not a good coach - we aren’t bigots

Mullen is so so. Sure he’s better than the Garbo we hired too, but he’s still meh.

@"insiders"

giphy.gif

Happy New Year everyone.

They don’t ever want to admit the fans are right about anything. 2 extremely good examples tonight:

Cuonzo is not a good coach - we aren’t bigots

Mullen is so so. Sure he’s better than the Garbo we hired too, but he’s still meh.

Cuonzo may not be an elite coach but he is a pretty good coach

Reactions: volsnvikes
Just about every state had strict guidelines in May,June and July. Another excuse. Now you can tell me how other teams managed
Alabama basically didn’t quarantine players until the season started. Don’t even think they tested them until then. Georgia same thing. Even if there were guidelines in place, those schools didn’t follow them and the county health dept. in those areas turned a blind eye to it. Clearly was not the case in Knox Co. where we had a ton of lineman Miss 42+ days due to contact tracing. I don’t care who you are, you miss that many days it’s gonna effect your play

year 1....but did he get creamed?
Why do you have such a love for Mullen? We can laugh at his goofy ass all we want. I personally don't need people to remind me that we are way worse than Florida right now, so you can bet your ass I am going to laugh at them, laugh at Georgia, Bama and Kentucky every single chance I get.

Mullen is 29-9 at UF
Pruitt is 16-19 at UT.

Jokes on us.
This is strictly because one coach can get the best out of his QB, the other held onto a lame duck QB for 2 years too long. Florida was worse on defense than we were (and probably not as good in the run game) but won more games because they had an elite QB and offensive weapons (none of which Mullen recruited btw)

Who cares about creamed? Our QB’s gave them 17 points. Pruitt beat the same ranked UK team.

This is not to justify Pruitt’s results, but we can also make fun of goofy Mullen all we want.

You can make fun of Mullen all you want. And continue to look dumb in the process. The dude is a very good coach. Yes they got drilled by OU. But I would be willing to bet 99% of VN would kill to be in UFs shoes right now.

Reactions: Catbone and BAJAvol
I guess you forgot Ole Dan lost to UK. Also like Smyrna’s comments about UF would fire a coach immediately for losing to Georgia State...except that Muschamp lost to an FCS Georgia Southern and didn’t get fired.

I have been through multiple coaching hot seats and firings on message boards. I get people are frustrated, but the emotions cloud statements about things that are just not accurate.

Dan Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt...but this is my opinion...he’s not the answer at a place like UT. His recruiting is not good enough and if you thought Butch was goofy...
LOL. Georgia State is a new program. Georgia Southern has a history of winning and multiple national championships. Muschamp had just won eleven games the year before and had 30+ injuries. They had reason to believe he could turn it around. Keep harping only your point though and not listening to other facts. Florida would have absolutely fired Pruitt by now if he had the same results there. That’s not been a question.

Why do you have such a love for Mullen? We can laugh at his goofy ass all we want. I personally don't need people to remind me that we are way worse than Florida right now, so you can bet your ass I am going to laugh at them, laugh at Georgia, Bama and Kentucky every single chance I get.
Don't love Mullen. Just don't understand people that think he sucks ass.

Reactions: 05_never_again
ah ha! that's exactly right.

and i'm betting missing the entire off season was a large part why. again, at the risk of coming off like a defender of all things pruitt, i'll still not discount how big a deal it was for the 2019 class NOT to get the off season in between year 1 and 2. that was a lot bigger than most will admit, because your post is exactly right.....

everyone always talks about that year 1 to year 2 gap as the most important in a tenure, be it coaches or players, it's readily accepted that year 1 to year 2 is where you usually see the biggest improvement.

and that 2019 class got nada, zero, zilch of that.....

This is the worst developed team anyone has ever seen. And that is from people who won a National championship at this University. They know more than you and that is not emotional. It’s accurate to say Pruitt is not a good head coach and our kids are poorly developed.

You can make fun of Mullen all you want. And continue to look dumb in the process. The dude is a very good coach. Yes they got drilled by OU. But I would be willing to bet 99% of VN would kill to be in UFs shoes right now.

How novel, a UT fan who doesn’t coach worship their rival’s coach.

Mullen is doing exactly what some is stated when he was hired. He’s good, not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back