Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in here yesterday that recruits are sending AP screenshots of things posted on VQ forums. A poster on there today who has hunted with Ty Simpson for the last several days as confirmed by AP, posted in there today that Kirby Smart is sending the recruits screen shots. So to answer your question from yesterday @HankHill , Kirby is the one sending the recruits those VQ posts. At least he’s one of them. What a bit**
fyp

The hatred of Pruitt begins and ends with JG imo. The disgust and frustration with JGs play just got projected on to Pruitt and then got magnified...and that is all his own fault.
I genuinely think that if he’d rolled with Bailey/Shrout after UK and finished with the exact same record that people wouldn’t be nearly this upset. They’d be disappointed and questioning him, but not out for blood like they are now.

No we’ve said the same. He’s a good coach but wouldn’t recruit good enough here to win a championship. Fl is a good fit for him because recruiting is easier there. And even there he isn’t recruiting good enough to win a title. Their own fans are mad at him for this. He is what he is.
He will be Mehlzahned there within another three years unless he pulls a rabbit out of his arse imo.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I genuinely think that if he’d rolled with Bailey/Shrout after UK and finished with the exact same record that people wouldn’t be nearly this upset. They’d be disappointed and questioning him, but not out for blood like they are now.
I agree...people pure hate the guy because of that one reason. Most people feel too bad about hating JG because he is just is what he is...a bad QB doing the best he can, and they should, but they have no qualms whatsoever hating Jeremy Pruitt for playing him...so the frustration is magnified on him..and like I said, it is his fault, and I don't blame people for being infuriated at him.

I posted in here yesterday that recruits are sending AP screenshots of things posted on VQ forums. A poster on there today who has hunted with Ty Simpson for the last several days as confirmed by AP, posted in there today that Kirby Smart is sending the recruits screen shots. So to answer your question from yesterday @HankHill , Kirby is the one sending the recruits those VQ posts. At least he’s one of them. What a punk

I am ready to consider the possibility that we, as the fanbase, are not helping things. It’s a very real possibility we are contributing to the toxic culture around the football program.

You can’t blame fans for on-field results, but I think it’s fair to say we contribute (in varying degrees) to the confusion in leadership (as we put blistering pressure on decision makers) and frustration among the players (as we routinely crap all over them and their coaches).

This isn’t a popular thought, and many will take umbrage with it, but we could either help or hurt. I don’t think collectively you can get a fanbase pulling in the same direction without on-field results, and I don’t think any of us can control the tweeting / posting of our peers, but it’s something we should all consider.

I am ready to consider the possibility that we, as the fanbase, are not helping things. It’s a very real possibility we are contributing to the toxic culture around the football program.

You can’t blame fans for on-field results, but I think it’s fair to say we contribute (in varying degrees) to the confusion in leadership (as we put blistering pressure on decision makers) and frustration among the players (as we routinely crap all over them and their coaches).

This isn’t a popular thought, and many will take umbrage with it, but we could either help or hurt. I don’t think collectively you can get a fanbase pulling in the same direction without on-field results, and I don’t think any of us can control the tweeting / posting of our peers, but it’s something we should all consider.
Don't care because the AD doesn't care. Let it burn and die.

To be clear I mean this current administration. We need new faces up top before anything changes.

Last edited:

It’s their fault they suck. No question. But Pruitt is coming back. Attacking Pruitt all day on message boards and stuff doesn’t help anything. If anything it hurts even more because it contributes to negative recruiting. There’s proof of that now.

I posted in here yesterday that recruits are sending AP screenshots of things posted on VQ forums. A poster on there today who has hunted with Ty Simpson for the last several days as confirmed by AP, posted in there today that Kirby Smart is sending the recruits screen shots. So to answer your question from yesterday @HankHill , Kirby is the one sending the recruits those VQ posts. At least he’s one of them. What a punk

Recruits are not paying to be members of Volquest.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Did other teams have sophomores and freshmen take steps up in development? Of course they did. You can’t honestly look at any player on this team no matter how long they’ve been here and see improvement. Missing that time didn’t help but you have to find ways to improve yourself and as coaches, improve your team while you are in that time away. They, in fact, did none of the above. That is on coaching.
So find them then. Like I said I'm not actively defending Pruitt here.

But what happened, err didn't happen, in regards to the off season and the timing of it for our roster in particular.. Is Reality...

Yes, how it was managed after the fact plays a role, and specifically how personnel was managed as the season went on after the UK game are up for criticism. I'm not saying he deserves to be retained. I've said the opposite as a matter of fact.

I do believe tho had we had a normal off season with a true QB competition, played our original schedule... Things would look and feel a lot different than they do currently.

But... In terms of development alone... It mattered. A lot.

I agree to a point...but you can't blame people for being upset with obvious stupidity and mismanagement. We are just over being embarrassed and nutpunched over and over and over again.

Lol. These kids and parents care maybe 10% what is said by anonymous posters on a message board. And probably only because they don’t want personal info spread. We are getting crushed in recruiting because of development and getting blown out every week. For AP to even imply that an anonymous message board is steering recruits away is absolutely hilarious. Shows Pruitt is clueless and putting crap on fans through the media. We aren’t recruiting well because we look like garbage. Period. Asked my VFL neighbor if boards ever steered recruits and he died laughing. They don’t care.

Absolutely agree, his offenses are terrible. Nobody is tryna watch games where the winning team scores in the 50s anymore. It’s like watching the equivalent of our football team’s offense
Yep..... here is hoping Pruitt brings the offense into this decade...... as for Zo’s recruiting he would get like a jarnell stokes and then a bunch guys not division 1 type talents at the same time.... our role players were horrible.

Lol. These kids and parents care maybe 10% what is said by anonymous posters on a message board. And probably only because they don’t want personal info spread. We are getting crushed in recruiting because of development and getting blown out every week. For AP to even imply that an anonymous message board is steering recruits away is absolutely hilarious. Shows Pruitt is clueless and putting crap on fans through the media. We aren’t recruiting well because we look like garbage. Period. Asked my VFL neighbor if boards ever steered recruits and he died laughing. They don’t care.
Okay. Kirby smart is sending recruits message board stuff. That bothers me. Don’t care if it doesn’t bother you

I received dose #1 of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine this morning. Seemed like an appropriate way to finish out 2020. Arm is a little sore and I'm a little tired.

🧟‍♂️

Reactions: Rishvol
I. DON'T. CARE. WHO. IS. COACHING. NEXT. YEAR.

JUST. BRING. US. THE. OPPOSITE. OF. THE. GARBAGE. WE. HAD. TO. WATCH. THIS. YEAR.

QB play is a huge reason why we sucked, but it isn't the only reason. Fix it. Pruitt or other. Don't care. Just make my Saturdays worth planning to watch Tennessee play football.
1609438101254.gif

Very good post.

Reactions: C-town Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back