Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Kirby smart is sending recruits message board stuff. That bothers me. Don’t care if it doesn’t bother you
Do 17-18 year old kids even know what VolQuest, or message boards even are? "Internet forums" or message boards are a very antiquated piece of technology to people of that age.

Even if Kirby is sending them this stuff, I wonder how convincing they find it. If it doesn't come from the latest or the most "hip" source, I question how much stock they put into it. Just like a 65-year-old would scoff at anything on TikTok just because it came from TikTok.

Okay. Kirby smart is sending recruits message board stuff. That bothers me. Don’t care if it doesn’t bother you
Bass, every team has a message board of hyperbolized cesspool of garbage. To think it's exclusive to Tennessee is ridiculous. Recruits just don't care about this and if they do, you probably don't want them on your team. The world is full of haters when the spotlight is on you in any profession.

I am ready to consider the possibility that we, as the fanbase, are not helping things. It’s a very real possibility we are contributing to the toxic culture around the football program.

You can’t blame fans for on-field results, but I think it’s fair to say we contribute (in varying degrees) to the confusion in leadership (as we put blistering pressure on decision makers) and frustration among the players (as we routinely crap all over them and their coaches).

This isn’t a popular thought, and many will take umbrage with it, but we could either help or hurt. I don’t think collectively you can get a fanbase pulling in the same direction without on-field results, and I don’t think any of us can control the tweeting / posting of our peers, but it’s something we should all consider.
I would agree with you if we fired Dooley/Butch after their very first season, or if we fired either of them after one bad season that followed several really good seasons.

Dooley won 4 conference games in 3 seasons. Should more patience have been exercised? Was it too soon to let him go? Butch won 14 conference games in 5 seasons. Should we have been more patient? I'm not sure what the alternatives were to firing both of those guys.

The problem is who we hire on the front end, not firing them on the back end.

Bass, every team has a message board of hyperbolized cesspool of garbage. To think it's exclusive to Tennessee is ridiculous. Recruits just don't care about this and if they do, you probably don't want them on your team. The world is full of haters when the spotlight is on you in any profession.
If Pruitt was winning it wouldn’t be as much negativity on this board. WIN GAMES PERIOD.

I literally put on here a statement of fact. Didn’t give an opinion on it except that Kirby is a punk. Don’t know what you’re wanting me to defend here

I agree to a point...but you can't blame people for being upset with obvious stupidity and mismanagement. We are just over being embarrassed and nutpunched over and over and over again.
I understand where you are coming from, but we also have a decent percentage of the fanbase that was dogging Barnes just 2 short years ago. Its the exact same fans that are now beating their chests saying Fulmer sucks because he didn't want to keep him and Boyd did all the heavy lifting to keep him. I dont pretend to know all of the problems that our football program has (it appears to be a great number), but I also realize that sometimes bumpy roads are along the path to something great.

I genuinely think that if he’d rolled with Bailey/Shrout after UK and finished with the exact same record that people wouldn’t be nearly this upset. They’d be disappointed and questioning him, but not out for blood like they are now.
That’s the key though..... we don’t see what happens in practice.... if bailey is way behind(don’t see how he couldn’t be with the mistakes he make) Shrout has been a turnover waiting to happen in high school and now in college.... I can see the choice being difficult if you are just trying to survive the season while developing the QBs to be the future.... none of us knows what they are seeing in practice..... they failed in two areas...... not bringing us a non-developmental qb when they got Shrout and Maurer.... 2. I have seen nothing that has me believe that weinke is a good QBs coach..... of course I am not around weinke so that is just based on his limited past experience with other teams.

I was just busting my sister’s chops this morning, as she is a UK fan, and was giving me a hard time over the weekend that we have not played anyone yet, and that last night will be a different story. Lol! I texted her this morning and asked her if beating the #12 team on the road by 20, and the game was never in doubt after 5 mins was pretty good. Told her I know they aren’t as elite as Richmond and Georgia Tech, but not many teams are. Lol! She didn’t like that to say the least.

GT is pretty good this year. Beat NC last night.

I posted in here yesterday that recruits are sending AP screenshots of things posted on VQ forums. A poster on there today who has hunted with Ty Simpson for the last several days as confirmed by AP, posted in there today that Kirby Smart is sending the recruits screen shots. So to answer your question from yesterday @HankHill , Kirby is the one sending the recruits those VQ posts. At least he’s one of them. What a punk
It all starts with the coaches and the product they put out on the field. If the coaches are upset that recruits are getting screen shots of message board posts, well, they only have themselves to blame. As for BRA feeling the need to mention these things - and thereby insinuating that fans are part of the problem - well they need to pull their heads out of their asses. This fanbase has been through the damn ringer. There’s nothing I hate more than people blaming the fans (not saying you are, just speaking generally here). The only thing the fans control is the money they give to the program. Keep blaming the fans for things. I bet that will work out great in the long run.

I posted in here yesterday that recruits are sending AP screenshots of things posted on VQ forums. A poster on there today who has hunted with Ty Simpson for the last several days as confirmed by AP, posted in there today that Kirby Smart is sending the recruits screen shots. So to answer your question from yesterday @HankHill , Kirby is the one sending the recruits those VQ posts. At least he’s one of them. What a punk
Yup.👍

It all starts with the coaches and the product they put out on the field. If the coaches are upset that recruits are getting screen shots of message board posts, well, they only have themselves to blame. As for BRA feeling the need to mention these things - and thereby insinuating that fans are part of the problem - well they need to pull their heads out of their asses. This fanbase has been through the damn ringer. There’s nothing I hate more than people blaming the fans (not saying you are, just speaking generally here). The only thing the fans control is the money they give to the program. Keep blaming the fans for things. I bet that will work out great in the long run.
I agree word for word

I agree...people pure hate the guy because of that one reason. Most people feel too bad about hating JG because he is just is what he is...a bad QB doing the best he can, and they should, but they have no qualms whatsoever hating Jeremy Pruitt for playing him...so the frustration is magnified on him..and like I said, it is his fault, and I don't blame people for being infuriated at him.

I keep going back to the first season. If he reviewed film on JG with Botch, he had to know JG wasn't much. Helton brings in Shrout. Jeremy had a free pass to do and use whoever he wanted. He throws in with the QB that helped tank the previous HC's season/career instead of going with the recruit of his newly hired OC. That was the first indication to me that we had a problem. Kept waiting for Jeremy to get it, he never did. Thought for sure JG did enough to show he wasn't it. Not enough for Jeremy. Helton may have never left to take the WKU job had Jeremy made a better decision. Helton may have waited to take a better HC job after proving himself at UT. So he and all of the assistants have been impacted as well by Jeremy's decisions.

IMO, Jeremy read the room. He went with who Botch's boys wanted to be the QB. Jeremy wanted to have their support in what he wanted to do. Bad decision. Role reversal management/leadership never works out well.

Attention to whichever low life UGA grad assistant/minion is trolling this board. Tell Kirby that he’s an ass-sniffing bowl cut wearing weirdo. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back