Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 5-5 nearly everybody on here would be meh, yet happy to see HB or Salter as the new QB for an entire season in 2021. They would be hoping Chaney could coach them up, Jeremy could find a strong D-line coach, and that the recruiting class would be filled with game changers.

Instead...

All we had to do is beat UK. That game ruined the whole season. The other losses as bad as they were, I'd find it easier to accept.

But Pruitt has made it CLEAR he can't win here.

No we are not. Agreed.

It's the sum of the parts in most cases. Not just one thing.

Toxicity is just something else to throw on the pile with the other stuff...

At some point... It all adds up.
At some point the administration needs to sack tf up and spend the money to hire a head ball coach who knows how to WIN. These ‘budget’ coaches ain’t cheap once you’re paying their huge buyout + their staffs buyouts + a new coach’s salary + his staff’s salaries. It begins with the administration. The fans do not get fired for the administration’s failures. A guy like Freeze would immediately excite the entire fanbase. Would he last a decade here? Who knows. He damn sure looked to have longevity at Ole Miss before things hit the fan. He’s had success every where he’s been. He apparently really wants to be here. He checks literally every box as far as being a solid.football.coach who knows how to WIN. Yet, our administration won’t hire him, likely because of ego, and lame hypocritical moral claims. Bush league stuff. Sack up. Look around the house, realize it’s made of glass, then pick up the phone and call the man. Quit giving the fans only reasons to bitch.

Kirby is the king of negative recruiting. It is know.

Then he has serious self esteem issues if he needs to expose people’s opinions on a message board to sway a kid’s college decision.

He’s at Georgia, which is already an easy enough school to recruit too.

At some point the administration needs to sack tf up and spend the money to hire a head ball coach who knows how to WIN. These ‘budget’ coaches ain’t cheap once you’re paying their huge buyout + their staffs buyouts + a new coach’s salary + his staff’s salaries. It begins with the administration. The fans do not get fired for the administration’s failures. A guy like Freeze would immediately excite the entire fanbase. Would he last a decade here? Who knows. He damn sure looked to have longevity at Ole Miss before things hit the fan. He’s had success every where he’s been. He apparently really wants to be here. He checks literally every box as far as being a solid.football.coach who knows how to WIN. Yet, our administration won’t hire him, likely because of ego, and lame hypocritical moral claims. Bush league stuff. Sack up. Look around the house, realize it’s made of glass, then pick up the phone and call the man. Quit giving the fans only reasons to bitch.
Spending money hasn't been any problem for Tennessee. Spending money on the right coaches had been. Top tier coaches simply aren't interested in coaching here due to the challenges. It is what it is.

So, do all of you who are giving all your love to Mullen and reminding the rest of us how badly we suck, do you cheer for the SEC in bowl games, too? I sincerely hope that Georgia and Bama get that ass whipped just like Florida did last night.

I never cheer for UF. love seeing their, along with Bama and UGA, supporters cry. It’s my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation.

Then he has serious self esteem issues if he needs to expose people’s opinions on a message board to sway a kid’s college decision.

He’s at Georgia, which is already an easy enough school to recruit too.

But I thought what fans say does not have any effect?

Recruits care about playing time, NFL and championships definitely, but I am sure they would enjoy playing for an adoring fanbase. In the 90s we won recruiting battles because they loved our fanbase. Social media brings out all the idiots most of which don't even go to games, and all teams have them even if we seem to have more. But...even if no one was posting idiotic comments, we would still be having problems recruiting right now because we are not any better than we were when Pruitt started. Fix Football

Recruits care about playing time, NFL and championships definitely, but I am sure they would enjoy playing for an adoring fanbase. In the 90s we won recruiting battles because they loved our fanbase. Social media brings out all the idiots most of which don't even go to games, and all teams have them even if we seem to have more. But...even if no one was posting idiotic comments, we would still be having problems recruiting right now because we are not any better than we were when Pruitt started. Fix Football
You are 100% correct, and I don't think you will find anyone disagreeing that the product on the field has the largest bearing on a recruits decision. However, as you acknowledged, the fans do play a part.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
It’s their fault they suck. No question. But Pruitt is coming back. Attacking Pruitt all day on message boards and stuff doesn’t help anything. If anything it hurts even more because it contributes to negative recruiting. There’s proof of that now.
Been saying for awhile now, that the dumbsh!ts among us would start having a bigger effect on recruiting.

This fanbase has so many idiots running around all over social media, claiming to be recruiting and program insiders, posting the dumbest sh!t in the world...and, recruits see that. And, not only do they see it, they respond. How embarrassing was it the other day, when that dipsh!t posted about Tate Ratledge transferring, and Ratledge responded the way he did. Many, many...many examples of that happening. Now, we have some dude running around in here, claiming coaches are blocking transfers. I dont believe that no more than I believe the man in the moon. But, an 18 year old might.

I dont want many in this fanbase to even say hello to a recruit. Do we really think Sab is the only dipsh!t interacting? I can only imagine a small bit what is said from the fanbase to a recruit on social media. We, truly, have "fans" tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. I have no idea what type of fcukstick would do such a thing; yet, I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Yes, 3-7 plays a bigger part, much bigger; but, people are fooling themselves if they believe fans with social media accounts are not affecting recruiting, in a big time way.

He took Tennessee to the sweet 16. He just didn't figure out how to fit in here.
It wasn’t the sweet sixteen he took us too..... it was what we were going to look like after they graduated.... his recruiting after stokes was the worst in the SEC.... had the same issue at cal after his initial class..... he left for Missouri bc he was getting ready to get fired there as well.

Been saying for awhile now, that the dumbsh!ts among us would start having a bigger effect on recruiting.

This fanbase has so many idiots running around all over social media, claiming to be recruiting and program insiders, posting the dumbest sh!t in the world...and, recruits see that. And, not only do they see it, they respond. How embarrassing was it the other day, when that dipsh!t posted about Tate Ratledge transferring, and Ratledge responded the way he did. Many, many...many examples of that happening. Now, we have some dude running around in here, claiming coaches are blocking transfers. I dont believe that no more than I believe the man in the moon. But, an 18 year old might.

I dont want many in this fanbase to even say hello to a recruit. Do we really think Sab is the only dipsh!t interacting? I can only imagine a small bit what is said from the fanbase to a recruit on social media. We, truly, have "fans" tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. I have no idea what type of fcukstick would do such a thing; yet, I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Yes, 3-7 plays a bigger part, much bigger; but, people are fooling themselves if they believe fans with social media accounts are not affecting recruiting, in a big time way.
Why do the recruits give the hordes of cretins residing on other message boards free passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back