Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s unbelievable. Listening to their podcast and talking about how fans expect instant gratification. No, we expect not to be blown out in every loss and to actually be competitive. I’m sorry, but if the team was competitive and even finished 5-5 there wouldn’t be a major uproar. Tennessee is lucky Vandy was really low on players or that could have been a loss.
Don’t let it get to you. They are apart of the university and will do anything they are asked. The narrative is to keep Pruitt so they want the fans to calm down. Best thing to do is stop spending money on their site. When money starts to disappear and even the media start taking hits, they will make a change.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I agree to a point...but you can't blame people for being upset with obvious stupidity and mismanagement. We are just over being embarrassed and nutpunched over and over and over again.
No, you can't blame them, McGill; im upset, as well. But, not once have i thought about burning a fcuking mattress in the middle of the road. That's how many in this fanbase deal with "upset".

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Spending money hasn't been any problem for Tennessee. Spending money on the right coaches had been. Top tier coaches simply aren't interested in coaching here due to the challenges. It is what it is.
Simply not true. Hell, we were about ready to let our best coach walk to UCLA before Boyd got smart. We’ve been shopping the budget been for over a decade now. With every coaching search or potential search, one of the first things mentioned is the money. Money is never a concern at Bama, FL, UGA, OST, etc. Definitely wasn’t an issue for A&m or Michigan. And people can say what they want about Harbaugh but I’d gladly take 3 10 win seasons in the past 6 years with an 8-5 floor.

And hell, maybe you’re right. Maybe many of the big coaches over the last 15 years just didn’t want to come to Tennessee. But there is one who wants to be here right now and he would be the best hire we’ve made since Kiffin by a mile and really, if compared to what Kiffin had done before we hired him (largely nothing - all hype), then Freeze would be the best hire since Fulmer. It’s a no brainer and there are no acceptable excuses for not making the move.

Been saying for awhile now, that the dumbsh!ts among us would start having a bigger effect on recruiting.

This fanbase has so many idiots running around all over social media, claiming to be recruiting and program insiders, posting the dumbest sh!t in the world...and, recruits see that. And, not only do they see it, they respond. How embarrassing was it the other day, when that dipsh!t posted about Tate Ratledge transferring, and Ratledge responded the way he did. Many, many...many examples of that happening. Now, we have some dude running around in here, claiming coaches are blocking transfers. I dont believe that no more than I believe the man in the moon. But, an 18 year old might.

I dont want many in this fanbase to even say hello to a recruit. Do we really think Sab is the only dipsh!t interacting? I can only imagine a small bit what is said from the fanbase to a recruit on social media. We, truly, have "fans" tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. I have no idea what type of fcukstick would do such a thing; yet, I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Yes, 3-7 plays a bigger part, much bigger; but, people are fooling themselves if they believe fans with social media accounts are not affecting recruiting, in a big time way.

It’s a waste of time even discussing this.

Social media has made it easier for trolls to stir sh*t up and cause problems. I don’t doubt there’s some idiot Vol fans that tweet at recruits but even if that’s the case, it shouldn’t sway a high school kid’s decision.

All a HC has to do is point out Pruitt’s results on the field and the rest takes care of itself.

Kids are constantly glued to their phones whether it’s Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. There’s absolutely nothing we can do about social media. If kids can’t ignore what trolls or stupid fans post, then that’s their problem.

Every fanbase has crazies.

Hire a damn good coach. That'll fix the recruiting and fanbase issues. Tennessee fanbase is tops in the nation when football is good; obviously that's a double-edged sword, but a great coach remedies everything.
True... I am guessing their point was football is not good and few are believing Pruitt is going to make it better so we desperately need the fans to help instead of make it worse. When you're winning there's no problem with fans.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Simply not true. Hell, we were about ready to let our best coach walk to UCLA before Boyd got smart. We’ve been shopping the budget been for over a decade now. With every coaching search or potential search, one of the first things mentioned is the money. Money is never a concern at Bama, FL, UGA, OST, etc. Definitely wasn’t an issue for A&m or Michigan. And people can say what they want about Harbaugh but I’d gladly take 3 10 win seasons in the past 6 years with an 8-5 floor.

And hell, maybe you’re right. Maybe many of the big coaches over the last 15 years just didn’t want to come to Tennessee. But there is one who wants to be here right now and he would be the best hire we’ve made since Kiffin by a mile and really, if compared to what Kiffin had done before we hired him (largely nothing - all hype), then Freeze would be the best hire since Fulmer. It’s a no brainer and there are no acceptable excuses for not making the move.
Freeze is not a top tier coach, he's a near the top of the second tier. And it's very telling her hasn't been hired by anyone yet. The time will come when he is hired by someone, hell it may even be us, but he isn't considered top tier.

Been saying for awhile now, that the dumbsh!ts among us would start having a bigger effect on recruiting.

This fanbase has so many idiots running around all over social media, claiming to be recruiting and program insiders, posting the dumbest sh!t in the world...and, recruits see that. And, not only do they see it, they respond. How embarrassing was it the other day, when that dipsh!t posted about Tate Ratledge transferring, and Ratledge responded the way he did. Many, many...many examples of that happening. Now, we have some dude running around in here, claiming coaches are blocking transfers. I dont believe that no more than I believe the man in the moon. But, an 18 year old might.

I dont want many in this fanbase to even say hello to a recruit. Do we really think Sab is the only dipsh!t interacting? I can only imagine a small bit what is said from the fanbase to a recruit on social media. We, truly, have "fans" tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. I have no idea what type of fcukstick would do such a thing; yet, I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Yes, 3-7 plays a bigger part, much bigger; but, people are fooling themselves if they believe fans with social media accounts are not affecting recruiting, in a big time way.
From someone who knows recruits and people who were recruited at this University, it’s absolute insanity to think fans and message boards decide or help decide where a recruit goes.

Recruits care about playing time, NFL and championships definitely, but I am sure they would enjoy playing for an adoring fanbase. In the 90s we won recruiting battles because they loved our fanbase. Social media brings out all the idiots most of which don't even go to games, and all teams have them even if we seem to have more. But...even if no one was posting idiotic comments, we would still be having problems recruiting right now because we are not any better than we were when Pruitt started. Fix Football
90s = decade of winning = happy fanbase
‘05-‘20 = decade+ of losing = unhappy fanbase

It’s really that simply. Fans are inherently reactionary.

We’re not even that hard to please. Bench JG after the 2nd pick 6 vs KY. Let use see Shrout and Bailey make mistakes and grow. Everything else would’ve been understandable. It falls back on a stubborn and incompetent coaching.

The Crazy/Hot scale from How I Met Your Mother applies to football games bases.

When a team is winning (you’re hot) your “passion” is sexy and fun and something you want to be around.

When a team is losing your “passion” is scary and turns people off.

Tennessee is currently the second one.

Plus, not many 18-22 year olds want to be a part of an environment where they feel like they’ll be ripped a part by fans for dropping a pass, throwing an INT, or missing a tackle. Like it or not, it’s true.

Why do the recruits give the hordes of cretins residing on other message boards free passes?
I guess, because they're not the laughingstock we are, b.

Take the trash we've been as a program for going on 20 yrs, add it to social media, where fans can interact with coaches and players and recruits...

Bad timing. Our demise has come as social media has been born and grown. Sucking, and the outrage of that sucking, with a way to express that outrage at said sucking...one giant sh!t heap.

Spending money hasn't been any problem for Tennessee. Spending money on the right coaches had been. Top tier coaches simply aren't interested in coaching here due to the challenges. It is what it is.
Challenges you mean the same challenges every other college football program goes through...it’s not like Clemson was some perennial power every year back in the day

90s = decade of winning = happy fanbase
‘05-‘20 = decade+ of losing = unhappy fanbase

It’s really that simply. Fans are inherently reactionary.

We’re not even that hard to please. Bench JG after the 2nd pick 6 vs KY. Let use see Shrout and Bailey make mistakes and grow. Everything else would’ve been understandable. It falls back on a stubborn and incompetent coaching.
I agree completely except that JG probably should not have started the season

Freeze is not a top tier coach, he's a near the top of the second tier. And it's very telling her hasn't been hired by anyone yet. The time will come when he is hired by someone, hell it may even be us, but he isn't considered top tier.
Okayyyyy so who is top tier? Like, Saban, Dabo, and Day? Most people don’t even out Notre Dame in the top tier. Would Brian Kelly be top tier? Or top of the second tier? Bc if Freeze is hanging out with that guy + Mullen + Franklin + Riley and all the other coaches/teams who are really good but haven’t gotten over the hump, then I think we’d be doing just fine with him!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I never cheer for UF. love seeing their, along with Bama and UGA, supporters cry. It’s my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation.
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

It’s a waste of time even discussing this.

Social media has made it easier for trolls to stir sh*t up and cause problems. I don’t doubt there’s some idiot Vol fans that tweet at recruits but even if that’s the case, it shouldn’t sway a high school kid’s decision.

All a HC has to do is point out Pruitt’s results on the field and the rest takes care of itself.

Kids are constantly glued to their phones whether it’s Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. There’s absolutely nothing we can do about social media. If kids can’t ignore what trolls or stupid fans post, then that’s their problem.
Then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back