Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
—BabyVol15
Difference makers that are ready to transfer here or ready to transfer out? There are tons of guys in the transfer portal right now and there probably isn't a single one that could be classified as a difference maker. Im sure there will be a few that enter, but then you have to beat out every other school in the country for them.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
So the solution is to lay down and do nothing and talk about about how big of a disadvantage we are in and how good we were in the 90’s, rather than lucking into our very own great coach
You say the same things over and over and over again. It’s kinda funny now. Please say something about being 3-7 or maybe something about “our fans” next. 😂

Difference makers that are ready to transfer here or ready to transfer out? There are tons of guys in the transfer portal right now and there probably isn't a single one that could be classified as a difference maker. Im sure there will be a few that enter, but then you have to beat out every other school in the country for them.
I read it as transfer in

Oh I forgot that you still use a flip phone, old man.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I truly believe Pruitt will return. Phil has been gathering support behind the scenes. Pruitt has laid out a plan and Phil has convinced the powers that be to give Pruitt one more year. Ultimately Plowman will make the final call, but from what I gather without a change of heart, he will return. An agreement on what direction to go if we did make a change wasn’t occurring which plays a big part in this decision. Pruitt also has a great relationship with many in the 22 class. He also thinks he has some difference makers ready to transfer. I think Phil has also convinced Pruitt he needs to be more hands off and let his coaches coach...we will see. Just wanted to put my 2 cents out there as I was almost positive we were making a change.
-BabyVol15

What a sad @$$ reason to maintain status quo.

This right here is exactly why we still are where we are. Looks like they’d eventually figure out they need to set their egos aside and get the h377 out of their own way in order to right this thing.

Reactions: UTProf
I truly believe Pruitt will return. Phil has been gathering support behind the scenes. Pruitt has laid out a plan and Phil has convinced the powers that be to give Pruitt one more year. Ultimately Plowman will make the final call, but from what I gather without a change of heart, he will return. An agreement on what direction to go if we did make a change wasn’t occurring which plays a big part in this decision. Pruitt also has a great relationship with many in the 22 class. He also thinks he has some difference makers ready to transfer. I think Phil has also convinced Pruitt he needs to be more hands off and let his coaches coach...we will see. Just wanted to put my 2 cents out there as I was almost positive we were making a change.
-BabyVol15

What a sad @$$ reason to maintain status quo.

This right here is exactly why we still are where we are. Looks like they’d eventually figure out they need to set their egos aside and get the h377 out of their own way in order to right this thing.
Is there some reason we should listen to Babyvol15 est:2017?

The only source of hope we have is that the upperclassmen on this team were from two of the worst recruiting classes of the last decade. Only 14 4 stars in those two classes (most in 2018) and almost no difference makers (basically just trey and alontae). Combine that with no practices for your talented sophomore/freshman classes and you can see the issue. The defense will be good next year but I just don’t see how you fix the offense without better coaching on the OL and better playcalling from the OC. If we are good next year it would be a statistical anomaly bc Pruitt is one of the worst head coaches in P5 by the numbers . I won’t be holding my breath

If someone showed some players message board talk, they would literally laugh and say who gives a s***. I know he is the king of negative recruiting but that is least of our worries with negative message board talk. Kids care about NFL and winning. That’s what is killing us.
I think several years ago maybe. But these kids have grown up only knowing social media and that perception is their reality. Look is it the only thing that matters? No. But to say negativity in whatever form doesn't affect kids and decisions is just naive.

I
I read it as transfer in
I figured it was, but then I thought maybe he was threatening that difference makers would transfer if he left. There aren't any great players in the portal right now. I read an Arizona St article that mentions Jackson Lowe as a top target. That shows you the players that are in there right now.

The only source of hope we have is that the upperclassmen on this team were from two of the worst recruiting classes of the last decade. Only 14 4 stars in those two classes (most in 2018) and almost no difference makers (basically just trey and alontae). Combine that with no practices for your talented sophomore/freshman classes and you can see the issue. The defense will be good next year but I just don’t see how you fix the offense without better coaching on the OL and better playcalling from the OC. If we are good next year it would be a statistical anomaly bc Pruitt is one of the worst head coaches in P5 by the numbers . I won’t be holding my breath

Better hope we land some good coaches who are better at teaching and developing at the OL, DL, & QB spots. Also, we need to move Nieds to offense and get a good LB coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back