Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabo has also gotten back to back generational QBs. That virtually never happens.
I guess.
He got em, won with em, and they re going on to be high draft picks. Heck, he may have a 3rd with the next guy.
At this point its easier for him to get the next one at that position than someone who hasn't had one or not in recent memory.
Saban has the same machine working as well.

Reactions: rikberry31
He has some real mental issues presently.
Having a couple of close family members with the same issues as Maurer, I don't see how he can deal with the pressures to perform consistently well at a big time program. If he were to manage it successfully it would be a almost miraculous thing to happen.

I really feel for the kid. If you've never had to deal with someone with his issues you probably will never understand.

Will Ron come out of his pessimism, and get positive about this coming year? I think he will. He needed the news of Cade staying and Brooks signing more than anyone.

I guess.
He got em, won with em, and they re going on to be high draft picks. Heck, he may have a 3rd with the next guy.
At this point its easier for him to get the next one at that position than someone who hasn't had one or not in recent memory.
Saban has the same machine working as well.

I don’t think QBs work like that not at a certain level. Even the best of programs and coaches struggle to find elite QBs for extended periods of time. Jones isn’t an elite QB. He has elite people around him. Lawerence, although i think he’s stalled a bit... is light years better than him. As was D. Watson.

Will Ron come out of his pessimism, and get positive about this coming year? I think he will. He needed the news of Cade staying and Brooks signing more than anyone.
Like many, @RonSwanson is just sick of this program. Caring so much for something that gives back so little. Cade coming back and Brooks signing change nothing about next year. We stink, and as long as Pruitt is coach we will continue to be the worst team in the SEC.

To be fair, I went through every season he had at MSU and diagnosed their wins when his name came up. It goes much deeper than that, and you have to consider the context.

I have never said Mullen is a bad coach. He did very well at MSU, and I understand it traditionally has struggled in the SEC. But, I have always said that his strength is more development than recruiting, and that’s why Florida was a better gig for him. In addition, he’s had some culture issues at both places along with struggling to get over the top in some big games.

I also have a really good friend who is a MSU alum and booster, who has personally hosted Mullen. They obviously loved him as a coach, but they did get frustrated with his loyalty to some of his friend assistants. He also said Mrs. Mullen is the more normal of the two.

Agree with this. Also note that the same complaint about loyalty to assistants was a major cause of Fulmer's termination.

Reactions: VolGee4
Just another coach that couldn’t work with Pruitt anymore.
I know a guy that played for another team that Fitz was strength coach for several years back. Raved about him, said it sucked, but the guy pushed him beyond the limits for sure. Said he was an absolute "nut" and that was putting it lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back