Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the assumption is Pruitt is going to be here. For me then, the question is what's next. Not gonna waste time bitching about decisions that have been made or replaying the past. So where do we go from here? Need to get OL and DL coaches hired ASAP ( cue the whiny, "no one's gonna want to work here" gripes). Need to decide on remaining assistants and look for areas to finish strong in Recruiting. In my opinion, need to simplify both sides of the ball. Keep current players out of the portal and look for possible help there. HAPPY NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS!!

Woah now. Let's try to stay optimistic.

Keep hope.

Choose joy.

Fire Pruitt.

😁

1yMZ.gif

So the assumption is Pruitt is going to be here. For me then, the question is what's next. Not gonna waste time bitching about decisions that have been made or replaying the past. So where do we go from here? Need to get OL and DL coaches hired ASAP ( cue the whiny, "no one's gonna want to work here" gripes). Need to decide on remaining assistants and look for areas to finish strong in Recruiting. In my opinion, need to simplify both sides of the ball. Keep current players out of the portal and look for possible help there. HAPPY NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS!!
Unless a Bo Davis or Tosh Lupoi has a mental breakdown and wants to sign on, you gun for a promising fast riser looking for an opportunity and willing to do a minimal buyout. A Davis or Lupoi would be assets the next coach would gladly inherit. Cregg was recently fired from LSU, so he could be nabbed.

Can't ever think of another time where a HC got three opportunities to completely change his staff and can't get it right after two tries Then gets another chance cause he gives them a plan he knows its what they want to hear. What makes them think he is going to be any different having here been for three years and hasn't changed yet?
Didn't Johnny Majors pretty much overhaul his staff two or three times? Of course that was over thirteen years, but we would have hated and fired him loooooong before he got the program turned around after the long dark 70s...we would not have given him the time it took...but "excuses"

Didn't Johnny Majors pretty much overhaul his staff two or three times? Of course that was over thirteen years, but we would have hated and fired him loooooong before he got the program turned around after the long dark 70s...we would not have given him the time it took...but "excuses"
he overhauled to a point it got overhauled permanently.

Yes, doesn't do any good to continue to complain about what is not going to change. Hopefully we get some good coaches that are excited about the players we have and the opportunity to coach at Tennessee. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS!!!

Uhmm..context..that "first year" doesn't count for anybody that has any sense..second year he got a talented E11 kid with a lot of potential that turns out to have some tragic problems that I know are hard to understand..third year he got a top QB prospect and then promptly lost almost ALL offseason development time thanks to a once a century global pandemic shutting the world down..

Those are not excuses..those are the facts like them or not. You could say he should have invested everything into Shrout late last year, and all this year after his first two years dealing with JG.

He had time to take waivers in year 1 especially the transfer route.

Year 2 and 3 is inexcusable to not being able to find at least an immediate “bad QB” Bc even that is better than a program/coach killing QB.

Reactions: Devo182
He was rough on his assistants. Kinda Bobby Knightish. Read Bill Bates autobiography once upon a time. He briefly skimmed over it and he’s the current record holder for politeness.

Fired his DC Ken Donahue mid season in '88 and never looked back.

I have been thinking on this as well. It seems that it’s basically a done deal that Pruitt is here next year. That really sucks but it is what it is. So why haven’t any new coaches been hired? Why hasn’t Fulmer made it public that Pruitt is here? Seems like he could do that and it would at least put all these rumors to bed. Now back to the assistant coaches.

I cannot figure it out. I mean one would think that hiring an OL coach would be a priority. Unless you are just gonna let Chaney do it. But is that a good idea? If It were me, I would rather have Chaney work with the QBs and hire. Legit OL coach. As far as the DL coach, I think Pruitt May try and poach Bo Davis or maybe swing for Lupoi.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Uhmm..context..that "first year" doesn't count for anybody that has any sense..second year he got a talented E11 kid with a lot of potential that turns out to have some tragic problems that I know are hard to understand..third year he got a top QB prospect and then promptly lost almost ALL offseason development time thanks to a once a century global pandemic shutting the world down..

Those are not excuses..those are the facts like them or not. You could say he should have invested everything into Shrout late last year, and all this year after his first two years dealing with JG.

Pruitt badly mismanaged the QB situation. That is a fact, like it or not.

Strange that he wasn’t already toned up somewhat...when did he transfer? Fitz did that thing where he became an icon by leaving. Remember the occasional complaint and comment directed at when we were going to see the benefit of all the money spent on him. I’m sure he had a hologram that would’ve whipped these kids into shape if’n he had stayed.
Cade was too heavy and lazy his last year at UGA. He was that same player this year imo. Cades strengths were his ability to move and get to the 2nd level early on at UGA.

The question is why would you want to play for someone that has failed so miserably outside of TooToo and Gray? Almost everyone on this team has regressed and that's a fact. He's a loser.
You'll have to ask the recruits; you know, the ones that have more info about the situation than you and I will ever have.

Yes he did..... hopefully he learns from that moving forward.

Since it looks like we are stuck with him, I hope you are right. Pruitt doesn’t strike me as the type to admit when he’s wrong though, and it is nearly impossible teach somebody anything when they already think they know everything.

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back