Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt badly mismanaged the QB situation. That is a fact, like it or not.
Mismanaged during the season or overall? He never brought in/developed a plus QB to begin with, so during the season(s) it didn't matter under this poor offense.

He made it work last year (albeit after giving 3 guys a chance) and every QB sucked this year (after giving 3 guys a chance).

Given what he had each season, in-season management was a moot point. But "what he had each season" is 100% on him by Y3.

So yes, I agree with the pure mismanagement from a macro view. From a wider view - it's damning of Chaney and Weinke (Pruitt too, if you believe he's bigly micromanaging, which I have yet to see evidence of). Get rid of Chaney and Weinke and who knows?

Last edited:
Since it looks like we are stuck with him, I hope you are right. Pruitt doesn’t strike me as the type to admit when he’s wrong though, and it is nearly impossible teach somebody anything when they already think they know everything.
I don’t care anything about him admitting he was wrong..... I do think he is competitive and wants to win so I hope he figures out how to move us in the right direction.

Mismanaged during the season or overall? He never brought in/developed a plus QB to begin with, so during the season(s) it didn't matter under this poor offense.

He made it work last year (albeit after giving 3 guys a chance) and every QB sucked this year (after giving 3 guys a chance).

Given what he had each season, in-season management was a moot point. But "what he had each season" is 100% on him by Y3. So yes, I agree with pure mismanagement from the macro view.
Bailey hasn't had much of a chance. He played 3/4 of the UF game, a little more than half the Vandy game and about 12 or 15 snaps against A&M. Thats not much of a chance.
Pulling him after any mistake didn't help his development. He never really got to build any rhythm or work with the WR's.

I don’t care anything about him admitting he was wrong..... I do think he is competitive and wants to win so I hope he figures out how to move us in the right direction.

If you can’t admit you are wrong, the. You can’t learn from your mistakes. Doesn’t have to be a public admission either.

Just a thought. Does the lack of winning as a HC correlate with not communicating well, if at all, at this level? Seems to me it would impact relationships internally within the program as well as externally. Are his assistants allowed the opportunity to contest his decisions? Does he solicit input from them, or does he simply rule on what they ask or discuss?

Not seeing the high profile recruits knocking our doors down to play for Conbread. If he was all he was reported to be as a DC, why would some of the best not want to play for the guy? UT and the Knoxville area have a lot to offer as a student and afterwards.

I don't know, just asking questions. Inquiring minds want to know. Aight?
Is Dylan Brooks not a high profile recruit? I think there are several others already signed this year, not to mention last year..are we just making isht up now?

Damn, #4 stomped on a guy, who was on the ground, and then ran away :):). Tough guy :):)
Is kick him off the team if I were in charge... also those guys that punch and pushed people in the back....

Unless they were good players, then I’d just suspend them for one workout

228 rushing yards 👀

Please god go get a real OC and QBC and this kid could be killing it in no time.

Or keep Chaney and sit him before he eventually transfers and takes a different team to the playoffs. CJP needs to wake up to the reality of modern CFB NOW.
What position coaches are we expecting to be replaced?

Reactions: OrangeGlasses731
Bring me a cocky, sh!t talking, baller all day..

We need someone with an attitude in the worse way.
Like him a lot, but that shiz is so overrated.

Think of all the recent "hype masters". Kongbo was going to single handedly beat Bama. "50rzns" Savion is gone already never doing a thing. Maurer and Sheriron Jones hopped around and were all excited a lot, what did it do?

Never seen Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes say more than a few words either. Don't tweet and talk crap. They focus on just being a good ball player, not a talker. I'm not saying it's neccessarily a bad thing, just meaningless.

Kaidon Salter is a dude. Our offense is going to show great growth under HB/Salter. Pruitt will fix the defense. We'll score more points and be more competitive in 2021. We'll go 8-4, but won't get blown out except by Bama next year. The rest will be competitive. Pruitt will show progress and come back in 2022. He'll land the majority of those in state kids. Will compete for the east in 2022.

Kaidon Salter is a dude. Our offense is going to show great growth under HB/Salter. Pruitt will fix the defense. We'll score more points and be more competitive in 2021. We'll go 8-4, but won't get blown out except by Bama next year. The rest will be competitive. Pruitt will show progress and come back in 2022. He'll land the majority of those in state kids. Will compete for the east in 2022.
Hitting the sauce early? Good call think I'll join ya'.

Just kidding! Your conversation was about how Pruitt is a players coach but we finished 3-7 with apparent assignment breakdowns all year. Maybe we don’t need a coach the players like but one that is feared if you screw-up. One that will chew you out every-time you miss an assignment. Kinda like Saban does quite regularly.

Reactions: 4chrissy
tampa-bay-is-now-tompa-bay-how-much-will-bruce-arians-offense-change-for-his-new-quarterback.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back