Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Pruitt is a good HBC. But, since I will be deployed next season and will see very little games live and the Vols typically play better when I don't watch live, I say we win 7 regular season games (FCS, Vandy, KY, Mizzou or Ole Miss, Pitt, BG, USA). Pruitt is back in '22.

Yeah but their 4 wins were Kentucky, South Carolina, Vandy, and Miss State..... they lost by 12 to 3 win Arkansas.
Yeah, there are things they can improve on. Corral threw 6 ints that Arkansas game (two picks sixes) and lost a fumble. They had 7 turnovers and still rushed for 250 yards. Corral threw 5 picks and lost a fumble and they still put up 550 yards of offense on LSU. That South Carolina game that they won they put up over 700 yards of offense. I understand why their fans are excited about the next few years.

Its year one for them, year 3 for us. We were blown out by UK and scrapped by South Carolina because of a muff. They trailed Bama by 4 with 3 minutes left and put up 650 yards of offense against them.

same here with my issues (anxiety/depression) and I wish it on no one. Just keep battling and talk to anyone that you can. I have fought since jr high and I am not a spring chicken either.
Same with beginning in jr. high. It's a constant battle, and the last 4-5 years have been really tough. Lost my dad, just found out mom has breast cancer, fought through cirrhosis, had a liver transplant, broke my back, and too many other health issues to even discuss, mostly caused by my fight with cirrhosis. Add all this COVID BS making 2020 a living nightmare, and, well, I'm sure you get it.

I'm hoping between Brooks and Young signing, and with guys like MoJo already on the team, maybe we can find an Edge rusher. Might depend on who the new coaching hires are and if they can develop some players. Still need someone on the inside to help out Toot, that can cover those slant plays. Maybe Willis can do that, but it's a hard position to come in and do that as a freshman. And who knows what the secondary will look like? Hoping a good corner hits the transfer market and comes here.
I just zero confidence that they can develop any position. I can't think of one position group that's improved. He could screw up Bama's roster.

I just zero confidence that they can develop any position. I can't think of one position group that's improved. He could screw up Bama's roster.

That's why I think a lot depends on the new assistant hires. We need some teachers that can develop these kids. This last year's staff was too focused on recruiting, not enough teachers.

Saying my goodbys to 2020... Hello 2021
tenor.gif

Call me crazy or call me an optimist, but I think we turn it around next year.

I am getting very excited about this team.

We got the pieces and I think with solid QB play we will see a much different team.

Can’t wait.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them have a good season. With a QB that can actually read the field, throw receivers open, not hold the ball forever and not stare a hole through the receiver hes going to throw it too it really could make a huge difference. Get Keyton back, Hyatt takes another step,, and Wideman breaks out and we could have a good passing offense.

Or...hard headed Pruitt doesn't go away, he micromanages everyone again, and the wheels fall completely off after about the 3rd or 4th game, and Tater head is sent packing.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Mental health is no joke. I've suffered with anxiety and depression in the past. It never really goes away completely. Hope he's in a good place now
I'm bipolar. Had a nice psychotic episode that landed me in the loony bin for a good 3 weeks a couple years ago. It's no joke, and I wish there was less stigma around it. Wishing nothing but the best for Brian.

Who cares where a kid is from?

I just randomly chose a top team (Clemson) and looked at their class...they have ONE SC player. It is meaningless. Dabo gets that.

BUT, if a HC wants to do that, then by all means do so. I just hate this thing where he is being told to focus on that more. Does anyone at UT understand hiring someone and letting them do their job? We are micromanagement central smh.

sure, sounds good until you miss on a Tee Higgins and Jacoby Stevens and the whole fanbase knows that’s the death nail to you tenure. The higher-ups know that missing on Nolen and Simpson will be the point of no return for Pruitt...

We go 6-6 he stays for 22. They sell it as improvement and fans but in, yet again. That's precisely why we find ourselves where we are. Fans accept it, pay for it.

I don't believe 6-6 will earn him a fifth year.

That's judging him against the two coaches before him.

Facts my dude I plan stuff out all the time then realize my parents would be devastated so I can't do it. Constant struggle
We all give you a hard time, but you're a good egg and you would be deeply missed. I struggle with this a lot and have done the same but am in a much better place. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to reach out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back