Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the Cecil Hurt interview yesterday on TB show, and I found it very interesting his perspective on Alabama’s football success. It’ll be paraphrased to shorten.

Hurt basically makes the statement that AL football dominance is half luck and half will. Bear Bryant was a AL guy who just happened to be a generational coach. Saban was a testament to AL will by nothing being a barrier for the program to not do something, and timing of the hire being extremely luck, year earlier or a year later and it doesn’t happen. It starts at state government and goes all the way down to the university. AL will never have excuses.

Now, I apply that to our job, and I see why Pruitt would be extremely frustrated. I’m not making excuses, he’s been a train wreck, but our university admin can’t even get on the same page. He comes from somewhere that the damn state government orchestrates the cheating so they won’t be caught.

It just opened my eyes to the differences in the two programs. I’ve always known they’ve been there, just somebody saying it makes it more real, to me personally.

Thanks for the cliff notes.

Reactions: hooter vol
I think Pruitt can be a good head coach, but I’m convinced he can’t be that doing things the way he has. My number one concern is I don’t think he will really change his approach to be more hands off and less of a phallus arm with his staff. Phil thinks so... prove it to me, but I would have pulled that plug
I don’t think he WANTS to to let go and be just a HC. If he had it to do over, I bet he’d like to take the path of Venables. Lifelong DC making HC money.

Yeah, him or Pugh. Pugh had the blackface photos that I remember were discussed on here when it happened. Everyone would use that photo against him in recruiting. Turner would be the worst though.
I would rather go find an up and coming OL coach at a G5 school who has had recent success. We have the players on OL. We need someone to help them grow and gel. When I say G5, I just mean that we need someone who is hungry to coach and win. I am tired of retreads

I don’t think anyone in their right mind expected Pruitt to compete for the east before year 5, but there should be progress by year 3. Pruitt has nothing tangible to hang his hat on in the way of progress.

As soon as you know a guy is not the one, you’ve got to make a change or you are fooling around and digging that hole that much deeper. Most of our biggest rivals (FL, GA, Auburn) have recently fired guys coming off winning seasons, they are not fooling around. Failing to give an inept coach more time is not the reason we keep falling further behind these guys, inept decision-making is.
That's the thing..there was quantifiable progress last year even though people hate when you bring it up and start mindlessly shilling "But...but..Georgia State and BYU" and then very visible regression this year, for which there are several valid and identifiable reasons or as the LoM would say "excuses"

All I am saying is that we may think we know...but we really don't know...Majors had several of the same kind of fits and starts over his 13 years...but he did the job he was hired to do. The Vols had become a joke when he was hired and it took him a long time, but he brought us back to respectability.

Yeah I know we had hit rock bottom..... no one has the patience any more and it creates a cycle..... hire a guy.... slightly build the roster..... fire him and then some of the players and start all over again.
I am beyond sick of it..I have great doubts, but I am really pulling for JP to pull this off.

Hey friends... my only shameless plug... if you’re looking to buy or sell your home, I’d love to help you with that. I’m good from Nashville to Knoxville. I’m rebuilding my life after losing a high 6 figure income in 2019. I gave my wife the savings in the divorce and am going all in on me to make it. I’d appreciate any and all help I can get. Appreciate this forum and the escape it’s provided me during this difficult time.

Some of y’all need to revisit the meaning of the word ‘fan’. In case you forgot, it’s short for ‘fanatic’. Logic or reason generally don’t factor into being a fan.

You might also want to study the word ’idol’. When fanship wanders over into idolatry it’s rarely a good thing. Fans support. Idolaters worship. Stop at fan.

And some of y’all need to *choose* to believe something positive. Anything at all. It’s healthier.

So Coach Fulmer thinks he can get to Jeremy up to ‘serviceable’? OK coach. Let’s do it.

I agree, but I cannot pull for ND today. They do not belong in playoff. I hate them both, best case scenario would be a tie with so many OTs that they all quit.
I'm fine with Bama winning today. Clemson can then beat em next week. ND doesn't belong and needs to be taken to the woodshed again. Clemson was missing a ridiculousl amount of players in the first game. It was a fluke

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back