Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
a rock? or just your new land?

Our 'plan' is to build a primitive road & maybe a deck. Want a pop up or 5th wheel spot. Would only cost money for gravel.

We've been Hot Springs NC goers since mid Nineties. Love that place.
Just looked that up. Looks like an amazing place. Reminds me of Beersheba Springs up here with population, scenery and historical resort from early 1800s with the pic at the old hotel. Does the hotel still exist there?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It’s very clear that JP did not handle Covid well. That’s not an excuse because that shouldn’t have mattered in week 8, but it clearly affected him and this time
So what is the excuse for Ga State and BYU? I see nothing to suggest he has LEARNED from his mistakes so he will probably repeat them next season.

And all I'm saying we were wrong about Majors, he ultimately did the hard work it took to bring us back. Look it is right there in black and white, his first 3 years aren't any different from JPs first three...and JP has had just as hard a job of work to totally overhaul the program, if not even harder than Majors did.

People screaming brainlessly at this point that Pruitt is a horrible coach..period...well IMO they may be wrong. He is a lot of the same things Majors was said to be.

I am being slightly hypocritical because I have said it is an almost impossible job for him at this point, and I have not been for retaining him, but after going and actually looking at those numbers again, I have to say I and we all could be wrong.

If he has a year like Majors in year four...he will be fired anyway, but I am hoping we are all wrong. I am pulling for JP to pull this out.
I used the Majors comparison at the beginning of the season and after Brumbaugh was fired. Big difference. When Johnny blew up something that wasn’t working? Things CHANGED. There was no JG analogy in the Majors era. If you weren’t getting it done, you weren’t taking snaps. I noticed against Kentucky last season that we were STILL having players late lining up and other basic silly errors. We won the games so you let it bother you less only to see it magnified the next season during this collapse. I have NEVER lost faith in a HC so abruptly. I won’t do the douchey “hope I’m wrong” but I don’t really have the energy anyway.

I agree, but I cannot pull for ND today. They do not belong in playoff. I hate them both, best case scenario would be a tie with so many OTs that they all quit.
same could be said for OSU. But sadly, NCAA has enabled a culture of half assed,
incongruous rules enforcement predicated on appelate case by case scenarios.

Any enforcement is immediately pushed down to conferences who in turn create more red tape. There need be a governing body, but, it needs NCAA needs out of football.

The terms amateur athlete meant something when I was growing up. You went out and competed. Things have changed exponentially. There is no huge money in college football.

Athletes are groomed in middle school to believing theyre future NFL stars, which is fine. Creating a mini NFL culture means Colleges are seeing record profits but none trickles to athletes. Rules are created to catalyze competition amongst member institutions yet have created uneveness in CFB playoffs. Schollie limits make turnaround more difficult for any school to 'do it the right way'. Therefore you have a watered down product.

Truly yearn for the old days, or, to see some true parity. Watching Cincinati be ranked #5 then get their asses handed to them by Georgia isnt fun. Nor is seeing Alabubber destroy everyone

One more year and everyone is fired. Logging out for a while. Even some inside the complex have said they doubt they are all here in 2022. Many have said that Pruitt was a stop gap before finding our true coach and making a big hire. I truly believe this to be true and we will finally get it right next year. Go Vols! We will eventually be back and the hard days make the good days a lot better.
One more we cant take one tear of this shi. Show

Guys that's the only types of coaches we can hire with a HC who is a jerk, is on the hottest of hot seats, and is a perpetual loser
I wouldn’t mind going the Gundy/Yurcich route. Google a lower division level up and comer and give them that one year opportunity.

He’s gone next year too when Pruitt is fired. No doubt. I think that’s a big reason we aren’t moving on from Pruitt now. They’re gonna let Pruitt and Fulmer go down and get them both out at the same time instead of just one right now.

Everyone knows Pruitt isn’t going to get it done but one more year means a complete gut and start over. Hopefully, we knock it out of the park.
We won't ever "Knock it out of the park"...that is a pipe dream. The admin could do everything right, do all their due diligence and still fail, because coaching hires are a total crapshoot..plus no matter who they hire, the poor schlub will be fighting a uphill battle right off the bat because he was not the choice for 50% or more of the fanbase. That group of fans will just be waiting and watching to ferociously jump on every mistake and misstep..

That is almost definitely what will happen, and then we will do it over and over again until we finally maybe get lucky and a roll of the dice goes our way..

I hope that happens before I leave this world.

Reactions: volbeast33
That's the thing..there was quantifiable progress last year even though people hate when you bring it up and start mindlessly shilling "But...but..Georgia State and BYU" and then very visible regression this year, for which there are several valid and identifiable reasons or as the LoM would say "excuses"

All I am saying is that we may think we know...but we really don't know...Majors had several of the same kind of fits and starts over his 13 years...but he did the job he was hired to do. The Vols had become a joke when he was hired and it took him a long time, but he brought us back to respectability.
Major (pun intended) difference is CJM had a track history of turning around programs at ISU and Pitt as well as the little fact of a National Championship. Pruitt has none of this and trying to compare the two is moronic (IMO)

Call me crazy or call me an optimist, but I think we turn it around next year.

I am getting very excited about this team.

We got the pieces and I think with solid QB play we will see a much different team.

Can’t wait.
With solid QB play this season we would have went 6-4.

He’s gone next year too when Pruitt is fired. No doubt. I think that’s a big reason we aren’t moving on from Pruitt now. They’re gonna let Pruitt and Fulmer go down and get them both out at the same time instead of just one right now.

Everyone knows Pruitt isn’t going to get it done but one more year means a complete gut and start over. Hopefully, we knock it out of the park.
I think you're right. I think they gave Fulmer the chance to get off the sinking ship and he decided to go down with it. I don't he really cares though. Ready to ride off in the sunset with his buyout. Sad that the last thing people will remember him by is his catastrophic hire of a football coach.

Some of y’all need to revisit the meaning of the word ‘fan’. In case you forgot, it’s short for ‘fanatic’. Logic or reason generally don’t factor into being a fan.

You might also want to study the word ’idol’. When fanship wanders over into idolatry it’s rarely a good thing. Fans support. Idolaters worship. Stop at fan.

And some of y’all need to *choose* to believe something positive. Anything at all. It’s healthier.

So Coach Fulmer thinks he can get to Jeremy up to ‘serviceable’? OK coach. Let’s do it.
Sure just don’t go to games... watch on tv please

Just looked that up. Looks like an amazing place. Reminds me of Beersheba Springs up here with population, scenery and historical resort from early 1800s with the pic at the old hotel. Does the hotel still exist there?
it was burned to ground and rebuilt i think back in early 1900's. it was a stopping place along the underground railroad. It's a very old, historical town. I believe it then burned down again. The ruins of the hotel are still on the grounds of Hot Springs Resort and Spa.

There are a few Victorian Era homes, some B & B's and some just occupied.

I do also know that there was a small Civil War battle there. More of a skirmish. Around the confluence of Spring Creek & HSR&S.

Also the Shelton Laurel massacre happened close by

The Civil War in Madison County

It's an old Railroad Town. Revitalized through Eco Tourism. Appalachian Trail runs right through. Neat place.

That's the thing..there was quantifiable progress last year even though people hate when you bring it up and start mindlessly shilling "But...but..Georgia State and BYU" and then very visible regression this year, for which there are several valid and identifiable reasons or as the LoM would say "excuses"

All I am saying is that we may think we know...but we really don't know...Majors had several of the same kind of fits and starts over his 13 years...but he did the job he was hired to do. The Vols had become a joke when he was hired and it took him a long time, but he brought us back to respectability.

Yeah the days of the 13 year rebuild are in the past, much like “pro style” ball-control offense. With social media and more savvy generation, the nature of recruiting doesn’t allow very much of a window to find success either. If you are still jacking around winning 6 or 7 wins a year in year 6 or 7, the real difference makers are not gonna jump on board.

As soon as you know that a guy is not the guy, it is time to try someone else or you are just digging that hole deeper. Pruitt is not the guy.

We won't ever "Knock it out of the park"...that is a pipe dream. The admin could do everything right, do all their due diligence and still fail, because coaching hires are a total crapshoot..plus no matter who they hire, the poor schlub will be fighting a uphill battle right off the bat because he was not the choice for 50% or more of the fanbase. That group of fans will just be waiting and watching to ferociously jump on every mistake and misstep..

That is almost definitely what will happen, and then we will do it over and over again until we finally maybe get lucky and a roll of the dice goes our way..

I hope that happens before I leave this world.

This is a very defeatist attitude.

If you don’t make a change as soon as you know your guy is not the one, you are no longer trying and the hole just gets deeper. I do not think Pruitt is the one, and there is no evidence to suggest he is. I hope I am wrong because it looks like we are stuck with him for at least 2 more years.

Bama-ND on in 20 minutes...I took Bama on the spread. If they don't win by 20+ I'd be surprised (so would ND I bet)...

Clemson-OSU not sure on that one 🤔 but it could at least be a decent one.

Someone playing a fantastic joke on Devo. Dude’s going to work Sunday - fired up for the first Monday of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back