Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends... my only shameless plug... if you’re looking to buy or sell your home, I’d love to help you with that. I’m good from Nashville to Knoxville. I’m rebuilding my life after losing a high 6 figure income in 2019. I gave my wife the savings in the divorce and am going all in on me to make it. I’d appreciate any and all help I can get. Appreciate this forum and the escape it’s provided me during this difficult time.
Wife and I are looking for some acreage in the plateau. Like to be around Crossville. Trying to get closer to @StoVol 😅,. We've looked and are planning on visiting some properties in the next month.

This is a very defeatist attitude.

If you don’t make a change as soon as you know your guy is not the one, you are no longer trying and the hole just gets deeper. I do not think Pruitt is the one, and there is no evidence to suggest he is. I hope I am wrong because it looks like we are stuck with him for at least 2 more years.
That which will be done eventually must be done immediately.

One more year and everyone is fired. Logging out for a while. Even some inside the complex have said they doubt they are all here in 2022. Many have said that Pruitt was a stop gap before finding our true coach and making a big hire. I truly believe this to be true and we will finally get it right next year. Go Vols! We will eventually be back and the hard days make the good days a lot better.
If he wins 6 games next year he isn’t going anywhere. They aren’t firing him with the new assistant coach contracts for at least 2 years. 6 games and he is safe IMO. Personally, I don’t care who the coach is, I’m cheering for anyone to win. I hope the guy turns the corner next year and oddly enough I think he will.

I say this with a lot of respect to all my RF friends but Fulmer, Pruitt and the other coaches have forgotten more about football than we know. I’m rolling with their decision to know what the best move is for the university under our current circumstances.

it was burned to ground and rebuilt i think back in early 1900's. it was a stopping place along the underground railroad. It's a very old, historical town. I believe it then burned down again. The ruins of the hotel are still on the grounds of Hot Springs Resort and Spa.

There are a few Victorian Era homes, some B & B's and some just occupied.

I do also know that there was a small Civil War battle there. More of a skirmish. Around the confluence of Spring Creek & HSR&S.

Also the Shelton Laurel massacre happened close by

The Civil War in Madison County

It's an old Railroad Town. Revitalized through Eco Tourism. Appalachian Trail runs right through. Neat place.
Wow, sounds so much like Beersheba. There are old Victorian homes beside the hotel there. The Yankees set it on fire as they were fleeing the Rebels, but locals managed to get the fire put out. Love the history. Would like to visit it someday.

cmon man. its indefensible.
Yeah it is....... no one just wants to listen to it or try to understand it..... I went into this season thinking it was a through away season due to our ridiculous contact tracing we were doing preseason..... Pruitt was pissed about it and I don’t blame him..... whether it was fair or not...... by end of the season I was ready to move on bc of his handling of the qbs( of course not sure if this season was his fault)...... the investigation( that is looking more and more like a big nothing burger)..... and all the negativity in the program right now.....Since I am pretty sure they are keeping..... I am ready to pretend 2020 didn’t exist and support him as much as possible to get this program back on track.

I just zero confidence that they can develop any position. I can't think of one position group that's improved. He could screw up Bama's roster.
Uhmm...he didn't screw up Bamas roster..he made them better. After he left, their defense went to isht compared to what it was under him, and it has stayed there.

Wife and I are looking for some acreage in the plateau. Like to be around Crossville. Trying to get closer to @StoVol 😅,. We've looked and are planning on visiting some properties in the next month.
I'm looking too. Me and a buddy Scot about to buy either a 10, 32, or 59 acre spread

Guys that's the only types of coaches we can hire with a HC who is a jerk, is on the hottest of hot seats, and is a perpetual loser

Not saying he’s going to get a good coach. Every coach who will come here knows it may be a one year job, but how about we just not hire the guy that has multiple off-field issues at multiple schools, and oh by the way isn’t a good OL coach to boot. Hire any bad coach you want just don’t hire a guy who is a cancer PLUS a bad coach.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah it is....... no one just wants to listen to it or try to understand it..... I went into this season thinking it was a through away season due to our ridiculous contact tracing we were doing preseason..... Pruitt was pissed about it and I don’t blame him..... whether it was fair or not...... by end of the season I was ready to move on bc of his handling of the qbs( of course not sure if this season was his fault)...... the investigation( that is looking more and more like a big nothing burger)..... and all the negativity in the program right now.....Since I am pretty sure they are keeping..... I am ready to pretend 2020 didn’t exist and support him as much as possible to get this program back on track.
220169FC-FFEF-4561-BBBE-5E7CFC0C84C3.gif

We won't ever "Knock it out of the park"...that is a pipe dream. The admin could do everything right, do all their due diligence and still fail, because coaching hires are a total crapshoot..plus no matter who they hire, the poor schlub will be fighting a uphill battle right off the bat because he was not the choice for 50% or more of the fanbase. That group of fans will just be waiting and watching to ferociously jump on every mistake and misstep..

That is almost definitely what will happen, and then we will do it over and over again until we finally maybe get lucky and a roll of the dice goes our way..

I hope that happens before I leave this world.

Then you got to keep rolling.

And if you think our fanbase is unique, you should check out the Florida boards from the last 48 hours or so. We are far from the least rational.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Wow, sounds so much like Beersheba. There are old Victorian homes beside the hotel there. The Yankees set it on fire as they were fleeing the Rebels, but locals managed to get the fire put out. Love the history. Would like to visit it someday.
NC's Senator was friends, I believe with Gov or power dealers in NC in 30's 40's. That's how during reclamation post depression, NC fenagled the BRP. Literally I think there's one place it dips into TN. Supposed to be an FU from them for dissolving SOF.

Beersheba may have a bit more CW history looks like but yes I get the comparisons.

Hot Springs is right in French Broad. As a fly fisherman. Couldnt ask for better. That's where my Avi photo was taken.

a rock? or just your new land?

Our 'plan' is to build a primitive road & maybe a deck. Want a pop up or 5th wheel spot. Would only cost money for gravel.

We've been Hot Springs NC goers since mid Nineties. Love that place.
We’re on Graysville MT outside chattanooga
I’ve owned this for a few years had planed on building Already but we all know how plans go. 6B0C8CE8-D8DD-4440-AEC5-5D382A0F6DBE.jpeg

I've been on here a lot the past 3-4 weeks and we've went from vetting potential coaches to accepting that JP is back next season, just in the past few days. Maybe I missed it but is the investigation over with and is Pruitt 100% back? Has he begun interviewing assistant coaches? Or, are we just pushing the storyline along until next week?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back