Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of y’all need to revisit the meaning of the word ‘fan’. In case you forgot, it’s short for ‘fanatic’. Logic or reason generally don’t factor into being a fan.

You might also want to study the word ’idol’. When fanship wanders over into idolatry it’s rarely a good thing. Fans support. Idolaters worship. Stop at fan.

And some of y’all need to *choose* to believe something positive. Anything at all. It’s healthier.

So Coach Fulmer thinks he can get to Jeremy up to ‘serviceable’? OK coach. Let’s do it.
This. You are wise, sir.

I think you're right. I think they gave Fulmer the chance to get off the sinking ship and he decided to go down with it. I don't he really cares though. Ready to ride off in the sunset with his buyout. Sad that the last thing people will remember him by is his catastrophic hire of a football coach.
Catastrophic. Maybe. What were his choices at the time? Mel Tucker, Steele, Sumlin. He should've took the interim job for a year, then reset the search in 2018. This hire was doomed the minute the screwed up hiring Brohm.

I keep thinking you are joking. I don't think any of this is true except the part about Brandon Johnson and JG.
It’s not true that Kennedy sucks or that Mays, wright, carvin, and Morris are coming back? Interesting

You don’t think Hyatt and Jones have more potential than Palmer? Palmer was okay. Not great. I think Velus and Hyatt were better than him this year.

Last edited:
Speaking as a season ticket holder for more than 40 years when I lived in Atlanta (X4), and now my son has them (UT graduate), I will readily admit that I don't like JP as a person, but I will always support Our VOLS, whoever is coach. I also would like to pretend that 2020 didn't exist, but it does and that speaks for itself. If Pruitt can turn this program around, I'm all in, but I truly feel that we will never see our rightful place in the SEC, and that is competing for championships, as long as he is coach and until we are willing to PAY for that championship caliber coach. If I am wrong, I will eat crow, but I'll be happy when we once again are kicking butt instead of getting our butts kicked. GOVOLS!!!!
Yeah..... I am a season ticket holder since 1990 from North Carolina..... the reason why I will just through this past season away..... I was reading an article from September when we had to cancel a scrimmage..... we had 6 positive cases and 37-38 out with contact trancing..... Wanya Morris for example missed over 3 weeks at different times due to contract tracing.... how can we expect much growth when our staff didn’t have adequate time to work with our players.... I know other teams faced similar issues but our contact tracing was far above most programs..... I don’t think finding the right coach is a money issue.... we just need to make the right hire.

Dylan is a 4*. How many 5* recruits did he get this cycle? How many did Bama, UGA, LSU, etc. get? How many 4* recruits did he get this cycle? Compare to the other SEC schools. Treading water for #6 or so in the SEC again unless he pulls out a Hail Mary for February. The best ones are passing on being Vols.

Brooks and Salter should be five stars and any top 100 player is in the same category more or less. Definite blue chips. What has surprised me in a good way is how well we have recruited after going 3-7 with the crap show on the field. If we had just went 5-5 and absolutely we should have done that, we may very well had got 3-5 guys like Nyland, Mims and kept the kid we lost to LSU and the trajectory would've been close to what we expected and needed. That is what pisses me off the most. Beat Kentucky and Arky or Auburn and Arky and we could be in such a good position. It is a razor thin margin at times getting it turned around. What if stupid Butch had won the east instead of blowing it the year we BEAT Georgia and Florida. Even that bozo was close.

Maybe I am just trying to talk myself into it not being as bad as it seems right now. But if he can show enough progress where HE can SELL it to the 22 class and we get Knox Heath Department to shut their damn mouths, maybe just maybe we can be something sooner than 2030.

It’s not true that Kennedy sucks or that Mays, wright, carvin, and Morris are coming back? Interesting

You don’t think Hyatt me Jones have more potential than Palmer? Palmer was okay. Not great. I think Venus and Hyatt were better than him this year.

Palmer gets way to much credit on this board.
Yes, at times he made some great catches but he quits on routes and doesent fight for the ball.

Catastrophic. Maybe. What were his choices at the time? Mel Tucker, Steele, Sumlin. He should've took the interim job for a year, then reset the search in 2018. This hire was doomed the minute the screwed up hiring Brohm.
All were Fulmers choices. There are 100's of coaches that would have come here. Coaches that had head coaching experience. The common theme in those you listed were all assistants (except Sumlin). TENNESSEE IS NOT THE PLACE YOU COME TO LEARN HOW TO BE A HEAD COACH! It will fail 99 out of 100 times. It was/is major failure of a hire. Pruitt was never a head coach at any level before and likely will never be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back