Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not true that Kennedy sucks or that Mays, wright, carvin, and Morris are coming back? Interesting

You don’t think Hyatt me Jones have more potential than Palmer? Palmer was okay. Not great. I think Venus and Hyatt were better than him this year.
I just don't think we are automatically better. The jury is still out on Mays, Hyatt, Wright, Carvin and Morris. If they get good coaching, the OL COULD be better. QB play will definitely be better.

Yeah..... I am a season ticket holder since 1990 from North Carolina..... the reason why I will just through this past season away..... I was reading an article from September when we had to cancel a scrimmage..... we had 6 positive cases and 37-38 out with contact trancing..... Wanya Morris for example missed over 3 weeks at different times due to contract tracing.... how can we expect much growth when our staff didn’t have adequate time to work with our players.... I know other teams faced similar issues but our contact tracing was far above most programs..... I don’t think finding the right coach is a money issue.... we just need to make the right hire.

Agree with everything you said, but I still maintain the right hire will cost us more. We must stop going cheap because I think its why we are where we are today.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Wife and I are looking for some acreage in the plateau. Like to be around Crossville. Trying to get closer to @StoVol 😅,. We've looked and are planning on visiting some properties in the next month.
I can help. I’ve got some great connections in Cookeville. You can email me if you want more info.

Last edited:
Major (pun intended) difference is CJM had a track history of turning around programs at ISU and Pitt as well as the little fact of a National Championship. Pruitt has none of this and trying to compare the two is moronic (IMO)
Whatever..I think Pruitt should be let go at this point too.

Reactions: Volator
Brooks and Salter should be five stars and any top 100 player is in the same category more or less. Definite blue chips. What has surprised me in a good way is how well we have recruited after going 3-7 with the crap show on the field. If we had just went 5-5 and absolutely we should have done that, we may very well had got 3-5 guys like Nyland, Mims and kept the kid we lost to LSU and the trajectory would've been close to what we expected and needed. That is what pisses me off the most. Beat Kentucky and Arky or Auburn and Arky and we could be in such a good position. It is a razor thin margin at times getting it turned around. What if stupid Butch had won the east instead of blowing it the year we BEAT Georgia and Florida. Even that bozo was close.

Maybe I am just trying to talk myself into it not being as bad as it seems right now. But if he can show enough progress where HE can SELL it to the 22 class and we get Knox Heath Department to shut their damn mouths, maybe just maybe we can be something sooner than 2030.

I am basically where Jacket is at.

It’s not true that Kennedy sucks or that Mays, wright, carvin, and Morris are coming back? Interesting

You don’t think Hyatt me Jones have more potential than Palmer? Palmer was okay. Not great. I think Venus and Hyatt were better than him this year.
Yeah I am excited about seeing both those receivers this year.

I just don't think we are automatically better. The jury is still out on Mays, Hyatt, Wright, Carvin and Morris. If they get good coaching, the OL COULD be better. QB play will definitely be better.
I’m not saying they will be better. I don’t think Pruitt fixes this. But again, we can boo boo for 9 months or talk about changes that could happen. The pieces are there for improvement. There is young talent on this roster. QB will be better if nothing else. He has a chance if he and the staff can develop these young players.

Cincinnati shows you what a group of guys who want to be coached by good coaches can do to a roster full of me me me talent.
They are well coached but it’s a bowl game..... all bowl games are meaningless besides the playoffs.....that being said.... I hope Cincy spanks Georgia.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back