Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows exactly how dysfunctional we are. Blackburn was spot on with his assessment. He should be the one in Phil’s position. We would be much much better off right now.
I always thought Blackburn would replace Currie but once you get on the wrong side of a powerful money man, all bets are off. I seriously doubt he will ever be the AD here as long as the money man is involved with UT and I don't think he's going away anytime soon.

Fickell is a real coach along with his staff. The effort from the players is inspiring. Well developed, football smart, focused. He's officially added to my short list of coaches I would love to have but will never get because Phil and Jeremy...

He tried to help Bahama John hire Doeren and then, just like the recuits are seeing now, Volnation revolted, and so Doeren decided the to stay put.
There were plenty of other options. There was no reason to hurry. He wanted a coordinator because he was a coordinator. Doeren was a bad choice too. He's was an average coach at best. I'd rather go to a lower division and get a successful coach. If you're going to go cheap and gamble, may as well go with a winner. First time head coaches are virtually a for sure failure at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back