Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assistant coaches don’t believe anything will come of it. Plowman is the only one in the know and she’s very tight lipped. Glazier is known to be a firm that either defends major sanctions or digging dirt to fire. Interesting she hired that firm. I’m in the dark on their findings. Anyone who says they know something about the investigation right now is lying. Only Plowman and the firm know where things stand and what they’re looking into. Others have backed off and letting Plowman do her thing. Large reason why I have changed my stance and now believe Pruitt returns but also why I said it is not over yet.

-Bob_Vols
oooooook

If Knoxville was super strict on covid do you move fall camp outside their jurisdiction to avoid a similar result this fall? I mean if it truly was a disadvantage.
I think those were rules that were set by the university..... our contact tracing really hurt us by making everyone sit out that had any kind of contact with a known positive test.

I think those were rules that were set by the university..... our contact tracing really hurt us by making everyone sit out that had any kind of contact with a known positive test.
Okay. Thought someone blamed it on Knoxville local government restrictions.

Reactions: JacketVol
Okay. Thought someone blamed it on Knoxville local government restrictions.
I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure Knoxville wasn’t doing as strict contact tracing as the football team was having to do..... guys were being sit for 10-14 days at a time..... it hit wanya Morris three different times even though he never had covid.

Reactions: Jersey Vol
OSU is an example of what continuity and cohesion gets you. The only thing that changed about that program is Ryan Day. He just picked up right where Urban left off and they haven’t missed a beat.

This is my hope when Rick B, hangs it up.

OSU is an example of what continuity and cohesion gets you. The only thing that changed about that program is Ryan Day. He just picked up right where Urban left off and they haven’t missed a beat.

This is my hope when Rick B, hangs it up.

We talked about this at length in the hoops forum. One thing people seem to fail to realize is there is dang near no precedent for a high level hoops program to promote from within and keep continuity and cohesion going. It just doesn’t happen much at all.

For that reason I’m firmly in the camp of rob lanier being the next coach of our Vols and not one of our current assistants unless they get out and take a mid major job

Urban Meyer was not only a good coach but he has developed good coaches. Where's the "Phil Fulmer coaching tree?"

Folks routinely complain here that we hire "Bammers," coaches that have served under Saban. That's because our "great" coaches never developed great coaches like Saban and Meyer or even Stoops.

It's been a minute since UT had a really great coach.
Yet he thinks he can “develop “ Pruitt into one!

Day 2 of 2021. Jeremy or not to Jeremy, that is the question. We are so far behind the 8 ball in comparison to other top programs it really doesn't matter at this point. They have no intention of going for it or it would have already happened.

TL and JF will probably run different style O's in the NFL. OSU's is probably closer to that style. They may both be successful. The one that can read coverages, D schemes, and processes what he sees the quickest will be the one who is most successful. Neither will be going to teams with dominant O-lines. Toss-up in my book. Like them both. Like the Wilson kid at BYU a lot as well.

Some of the worst officiating for playoff games ever. No rules cage fighting matches comes to mind.

OSU - in that state you go there if you are an elite player unless you have family ties somewhere else or the depth chart is just too deep. Football state like Georgia, Texas, Florida, etc. So what we hope to achieve in TN of 7 or 8 strong HS players a year, they get 15-20 every year and cherry pick other places for the rest. Ohio is nearly double the population of TN. The transfer rule will keep them on top because their depth is so strong. Since the B10 does not recognize O-line holding as an infraction (jk - maybe) - they use the big maulers there. They clearly had the advantage with the short schedule and lack of injuries going into that game.

Day 2 of 2021. Jeremy or not to Jeremy, that is the question. We are so far behind the 8 ball in comparison to other top programs it really doesn't matter at this point. They have no intention of going for it or it would have already happened.

TL and JF will probably run different style O's in the NFL. OSU's is probably closer to that style. They may both be successful. The one that can read coverages, D schemes, and processes what he sees the quickest will be the one who is most successful. Neither will be going to teams with dominant O-lines. Toss-up in my book. Like them both. Like the Wilson kid at BYU a lot as well.

Some of the worst officiating for playoff games ever. No rules cage fighting matches comes to mind.

OSU - in that state you go there if you are an elite player unless you have family ties somewhere else or the depth chart is just too deep. Football state like Georgia, Texas, Florida, etc. So what we hope to achieve in TN of 7 or 8 strong HS players a year, they get 15-20 every year and cherry pick other places for the rest. Ohio is nearly double the population of TN. The transfer rule will keep them on top because their depth is so strong. Since the B10 does not recognize O-line holding as an infraction (jk - maybe) - they use the big maulers there. They clearly had the advantage with the short schedule and lack of injuries going into that game.
Fulmer has Boyd, Boyd has Chancellor, Pruitt is in no danger unless this investigation is bad and they can fire for cause.

Else, same ol same ol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back