Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witnessed something interesting in a restaurant last night. Bama fans watching the game, openly cheering for OhioSt.

They clearly hate / fear Clemson...
They may bite off more than they can chew with OSU

Ya'll can go back and forth and debate all day about new QB's or new staff, but as long as we have gump, we are gonna suck... sorry, but themz tha facts... He's the driving force behind us regressing the past 3yrs, so what makes anyone think it will magically change next season if he is still here?
Yep. He changed the culture alright. To what I have no idea.

Reactions: Vols4us
Twas a fluke. Only 1 decent team was beaten in that stretch
And we play them all again this year. Nobody outside of the big 3 are good teams. Ole Miss will be improved I'm sure and we'll lose that game. Now we're at 4 losses and the only remaining games are against mediocre teams. Good QB play and we win 7-8 games in 2020. Again, nobody is saying we're competing for the east this year. So you can post "no" all you want to but to act like he can't win 8 games in 2020 when he did it last year with JG is really dumb.

What's the impression on Wanya for next season? High recruit talent who has been very inconsistent. Not sure he can make the leap for LT. I know he was out a lot this summer/fall with contact tracing. Any ideas to how he will do next year? I think we are plugging him in as a starter somewhere but he hasn't truly shined at LT

What's the impression on Wanya for next season? High recruit talent who has been very inconsistent. Not sure he can make the leap for LT. I know he was out a lot this summer/fall with contact tracing. Any ideas to how he will do next year? I think we are plugging him in as a starter somewhere but he hasn't truly shined at LT
Best Friend didn't help. Since Pru is staying hopefully he upgrades at the OL coach

And we play them all again this year. Nobody outside of the big 3 are good teams. Ole Miss will be improved I'm sure and we'll lose that game. Now we're at 4 losses and the only remaining games are against mediocre teams. Good QB play and we win 7-8 games in 2020. Again, nobody is saying we're competing for the east this year. So you can post "no" all you want to but to act like he can't win 8 games in 2020 when he did it last year with JG is really dumb.
He can't. Ole Miss will out score him. UK is more physical. He might get Scar with a new coach and Vandy. Mizzou also will be tough since they actually found a QB. 6 is his ceiling.

An elite QB can't make up ground? Interesting take.
Depends.

Will he play him?

Will they block for him? Will they pick him up after letting him get blasted?

Will the offensive scheme handcuff him being too difficult for the team to understand?

Will Pruitt evolve from the ground and pound ?

Will Weinke be back? Chaney? Where lies the QB problem?

Reactions: bluegrasser
It means Pruitt is not taking this program to the next level.

He’s not beating the teams we’re expected to beat every year.

His handling of the QB’s has been horrendous.

Keeping him another year is a waste, just my opinion.
Who said he is taking us to the next level? Who said we should keep him? Point is, we are keeping him. He isn't going anywhere. If we get good QB play we aren't going to go 5-7. He has a chance to keep us mediocre. If he hires a new OC and we get elite QB play, then who knows what could happen? Talent elevates.

I've said a million times that we should go hire Freeze or Fickell, or someone. But we aren't doing that. So you guys can keep crying about it all offseason I guess.

Is he definitely staying? If so I wish the university would do something to put all the rumors to rest.
If he wasn't staying they would've fired him already. They're waiting for this investigation to end. It isn't going to uncover anything serious. It won't be as bad as what Mehlen just received at Fl. Fulmer is 100% behind Pruitt. He isn't going anywhere. So we can either cry and complain all offseason or try and find some positives. There are some positives. HB and Salter are positives. Eric Gray, Evans, Cody Brown are positives. That 2020 class that will have a full offseason for the first time, that's positive. We aren't going to go 4-8 this year imo. JG isn't going to be out there throwing more touchdowns to the other team than to his own.

Last edited:
Depends.

Will he play him?

Will they block for him? Will they pick him up after letting him get blasted?

Will the offensive scheme handcuff him being too difficult for the team to understand?

Will Pruitt evolve from the ground and pound ?

Will Weinke be back? Chaney? Where lies the QB problem?
These are the questions, aren't they? He has a lot of changes to make if he wants to take this team to the next level. I doubt he will. But it isn't impossible. If Salter is Fields good then this offense can take off.

Have been in Charleston the past week, and in my in-laws neighborhood there are a lot of Clemson fans. One house had a party last night with a big screen and projector in the backyard for the game. They sure were enjoying themselves before the game started. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the game to see them crying.

679AE9B3-BB2A-4E5B-9323-E2EAC5E21BDA.png
I see 4 most likely wins with Ole Miss, Pitt, and Mizzou being toss ups so maybe 6 at best. This admin and some our fanbase will consider that improvement though which is very very troubling

sure it does. you can have all those things and get into a playoff and appear better than you are by

1- playing waf schedule
2- only playing 6 games.
I don’t think last night was an APPEARANCE. They played and beat everybody that didn’t cancel on them. Too much was made of the Big 10 bending their own red tape in a season where rules had to be adjusted everywhere and not putting a team the Buckeyes already beat in the championship game over them. I’m not a fan of that program but I was on the record that no one was better than them at the end of the season. There’s a damn good reason Dabo preferred A&M...so would Saban.

View attachment 335701
I see 4 most likely wins with Ole Miss, Pitt, and Mizzou being toss ups so maybe 6 at best. This admin and some our fanbase will consider that improvement though which is very very troubling
this team needs to get better conditioning wise. in trenches and beyond.

If that happens we will beat Pitt and maybe Ole Miss. Lose to Pitt and show no life in gane 2? Pruitt doesnt see Fl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back