Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. A lot. I think texas has completely unrealistic expectations and isn’t quit the “job” that it’s made out to be. Texas high school football is overrated in terms of volume and the elite prospects don’t really have the ties to Texas like they do in states like Ohio, Louisiana etc
Nice im even more in now. Also I kinda believe you about TX high school football but im not sure I know enough to have an opinion. But it seems like a lot of those kids peak early and never have much room to grow when they get to college

Herman has already flirted with USC and we are a much better job. He’s a bit of a prickly guy who doesn’t love the PR aspects of the job. Fulmer would be an ideal fit for his personality.

Granted- this would not be on the level of an Urban like some folks want- but he has no buyout and would fit in well at UTK. I like that he would have a chip on his shoulder. Essential for a coach imho.

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure Knoxville wasn’t doing as strict contact tracing as the football team was having to do..... guys were being sit for 10-14 days at a time..... it hit wanya Morris three different times even though he never had covid.

Facts do not matter here..all people see are "excuses"...there are "excuses" and there are "reasons". All I can say is that the team as a whole, especially on defense, progressed a lot during the 19 season...and regressed a lot this season, the biggest, but not the only logical reason is the pandemic protocols and the effect they had developmental time.

Bad coaching hires were also a big reason, which logically compounded the pandemic problems...that is on Pruitt. He deserves the criticism for his hires and moves.

Reactions: volbeast33
Fulmer saying I have my guy. We rolling. The more you watch things go on with other schools ,the more depressing it gets. You know deep down that Tenn does not care about winning anymore. Just buy your season tickets and donations and accept the product we give you.

I'm sorry guys, I have to break my no post oath until the HC situation is decided 100%. But I need to make this one post and I'll see myself back out. @Atlanta VOL I hope hope hope enough boosters have enough common damn sense to go and get Tom Herman. HUGE Instant upgrade. He would come in with a chip on his shoulder too. Even if he doesn't ultimately reach championships here, he will 1000% improve the program. Just please. It's a no damn brainer

I'm sorry guys, I have to break my no post oath until the HC situation is decided 100%. But I need to make this one post and I'll see myself back out. @Atlanta VOL I hope hope hope enough boosters have enough common damn sense to go and get Tom Herman. HUGE Instant upgrade. He would come in with a chip on his shoulder too. Even if he doesn't ultimately reach championships here, he will 1000% improve the program. Just please. It's a no damn brainer
would rather take kick in nuts than Herman.

just steel toed kick, aka another year of Pruitt.

I don’t get the love for Herman. He didn’t really do well at a school that’s absolutely set up perfect for any coach. You guys really think someone who was less than elite in a talent rich state with more resources than any other school not named Bama is worth it? I see another firing in 3-4 years if they bring him in. 7-3 in the little 12 is 5-5 in the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back