Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the Herman lust? You guys confound me sometimes..

Unless we are getting Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops, every coach out there has some degree of "meh" to him. Our only hope would be to have an absolute stud in the coaching ranks who is a UT alum, has already proven himself, and is dying to come home....or to get lucky and accidentally hire the next Saban. The first scenario simply doesn't exist and the second is extremely unlikely. We're gonna have to hire a moderately "meh" guy and hope he fixes whatever deficits he has/had. I do think Herman is a little less meh than Malzahn FWIW.

Herman has a 71% winning percentage. Has beaten Kirby in the sugar bowl. Is 5-0 in bowl games and has a solid offense. Averages 8+ wins a season which we would kill for here after the last 10 years. He also has no buy out and flirted with Scar so he's not scared of the SEC.

He's not gonna like anybody

Yeah. But that should have recruiting where it needs to be to take the next step.
I mean, seriously! We just went 3-7.
I repeat THREE WINS, SEVEN LOSSES!

8-4 next year would be a massive step in the right direction to help bring in that coveted ‘22 class and really get momentum going.

Or, we could keep Pruitt, go 5-7 next year and bring in a 29th ranked ‘22 class full of projects.

Which is more “beta”?

I mean, seriously! We just went 3-7.
I repeat THREE WINS, SEVEN LOSSES!

8-4 next year would be a massive step in the right direction to help bring in that coveted ‘22 class and really get momentum going.

Or, we could keep Pruitt, go 5-7 next year and bring in a 29th ranked ‘22 class full of projects.

Which is more “beta”?
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back