Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice im even more in now. Also I kinda believe you about TX high school football but im not sure I know enough to have an opinion. But it seems like a lot of those kids peak early and never have much room to grow when they get to college
Of course texas is loaded with players and a lot of them but there isn’t that draw that the elites have like Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida somewhat. They also have a disadvantage recruiting against A&M now with SEC.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I don’t get the love for Herman. He didn’t really do well at a school that’s absolutely set up perfect for any coach. You guys really think someone who was less than elite in a talent rich state with more resources than any other school not named Bama is worth it? I see another firing in 3-4 years if they bring him in. 7-3 in the little 12 is 5-5 in the SEC.
5-5 > 3-7

Of course texas is loaded with players and a lot of them but there isn’t that draw that the elites have like Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida somewhat. They also have a disadvantage recruiting against A&M now with SEC.
I think AM is a big reason why TX is acting desperate right now. Jimbo has them on the edge and TX doesn't want to be little brother.

I don’t get the love for Herman. He didn’t really do well at a school that’s absolutely set up perfect for any coach. You guys really think someone who was less than elite in a talent rich state with more resources than any other school not named Bama is worth it? I see another firing in 3-4 years if they bring him in. 7-3 in the little 12 is 5-5 in the SEC.
I can see him improving and doing good here since Texas can be so difficult but he did average 4 losses a season.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Wow TX is the type of search I’d want. Fire and hire same day and negate any drama of the daily rumors and recruits in limbo.

I’d take Herman. Team never quit on him but can say same about Pruitt there. He thrives more in underdog role which we clearly are. Herman with SEC talent on defense would probably be what he hoped at TX but that state is full of softies on that side of the ball.

Herman has a 71% winning percentage. Has beaten Kirby in the sugar bowl. Is 5-0 in bowl games and has a solid offense. Averages 8+ wins a season which we would kill for here after the last 10 years. He also has no buy out and flirted with Scar so he's not scared of the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back