Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if CP has a winning record next year even if its 7-5 they will give him another year cause Fulmer has some love affair going with him.

The game passed Fulmer up when he was still HC here, and the same flaws he had then are still there (failure to adapt to changes in the game and poor personnel decisions). He still thinks it takes 7 or 8 years for a guy just to show some tangible improvement. It’s also why he was chasing defensive-minded candidates the whole time when he hired Pruitt.

Just curious what makes you think "Texas can be so difficult" while you "can see him improving here?"

You think Texas is harder than TN? In schedule? In fan/booster support/expectation? What?

A rule of thumb would be: if you can't excel in a lesser conference, you likely won't even in a harder conference. Is that not logical?
I’m not sure about anything which is why I’m partially on the Herman train..... about the Texas job, I have just heard that it can be really difficult dealing with everything that you have to do as coach at Texas.

Damn I can see it now. The ncaa is going to put us and Texas as 1/2 seeds in a regional. Texas is finally really good and I’m sure the ncaa would love that story line

I was at that game also and it was a great game. The one thing that I remember from Bourbon Street that night was a guy dressed in a tux, with tails and a top hat, that was orange and white from head to toe. That sounds like it might look bad but it was really a good look on him. I've never seen anyone in an orange tux since :):)
Hey, that was me. Jk

I’m not sure about anything which is why I’m partially on the Herman train..... about the Texas job, I have just heard that it can be really difficult dealing with everything that you have to do as coach at Texas.

Sometimes a change of venue is all a man needs. Bring Herman on.

Reactions: volbeast33
Are we really going to spend the next few months repeatedly saying there's no way Pruitt can win 7 or 8 next year? I get that the odds are not good, and this year gave little to be encouraged about, but there is a chance. Is it going to do any good to say it will never happen? I understand everyone is afraid he will be kept if he wins 6, but he could win 4 to 8.
There's a culture, in our fan base, that also needs to change. Unfortunately, I think that's gonna be impossible. People, who tend to be negative, are pretty much always gonna be negative. I'm an optimist and I try to see the good instead of the bad in everything. I don't know when UT will compete for championships again but trying to run off coaches every three or four years is probably not the way to get it done.

There's a culture, in our fan base, that also needs to change. Unfortunately, I think that's gonna be impossible. People, who tend to be negative, are pretty much always gonna be negative. I'm an optimist and I try to see the good instead of the bad in everything. I don't know when UT will compete for championships again but trying to run off coaches every three or four years is probably not the way to get it done.

As soon as you know a guy is not the guy, you need to make a change or the hole you dig just gets deeper. College football is not the same animal it was in 1987. The fans wanting a decent product, yet repeatedly being denied is not the problem at all.

Reactions: barrylee
It’s amazing how times have changed..... fans wanted Phil fired bc he lost to Florida most years..

I wasn't one of those fans that wanted him fired, but the fact remains we've been in a dumpster fire since then with our fourth loser coach. So yes, for now, I would take 8-4 which will be a huge improvement over the last "final Four coaches" we have had and then look forward to better days when we can once again compete with Florida, Bama, and Ga.

Reactions: MrVolton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back