Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see Pruitt being fired...In my opinion(which is useless) Fulmer would have to go first... I mean if Fulmer is wanting to keep Pruitt soo bad, then the powers above him force him to fire Pruitt, that leaves a disgruntled AD... how would that work? (Maybe I'm wrong....)

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Just curious what makes you think "Texas can be so difficult" while you "can see him improving here?"

You think Texas is harder than TN? In schedule? In fan/booster support/expectation? What?

A rule of thumb would be: if you can't excel in a lesser conference, you likely won't even in a harder conference. Is that not logical?
He was training there. Besides right now we just want someone who can win all they are supposed to and give us a shot at the big 3 while recruiting the state. We don't have confidence in who we have or who we might could get except the 2 they are not going to go after.

I just don't see Pruitt being fired...In my opinion(which is useless) Fulmer would have to go first... I mean if Fulmer is wanting to keep Pruitt soo bad, then the powers above him force him to fire Pruitt, that leaves a disgruntled AD... how would that work? (Maybe I'm wrong....)
Fulmer will fire him next year. Writing is on the wall.

I'm a huge Fulmer guy. But, as Rawb stated and I agree emphatically...the most damning thing about Pruitts record was the lopsided losses. Even capn toolbag (Botch) didnt have those losses.

Couple with bungling roster mismanagement and inability to keep coaches, its over.

If Fulmer cant see this necks year, I will start tk agree with the Major's lovers.

Last edited:
Just curious what makes you think "Texas can be so difficult" while you "can see him improving here?"

You think Texas is harder than TN? In schedule? In fan/booster support/expectation? What?

A rule of thumb would be: if you can't excel in a lesser conference, you likely won't even in a harder conference. Is that not logical?
Booster support and expectations. There’s a a whole pot full of Haslem level donors there. And they all want the ear of the coach and expect Daryl Royal results.

There's a culture, in our fan base, that also needs to change. Unfortunately, I think that's gonna be impossible. People, who tend to be negative, are pretty much always gonna be negative. I'm an optimist and I try to see the good instead of the bad in everything. I don't know when UT will compete for championships again but trying to run off coaches every three or four years is probably not the way to get it done.

At some point you've got to hire a guy that gives us faith that he's capable of winning here. We haven't had that guy since they fired Fulmer.

It's not like any of the guys we fired are out there being great head coaches right now.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Booster support and expectations. There’s a a whole pot full of Haslem level donors there. And they all want the ear of the coach and expect Daryl Royal results.
Its the flagship in perhapsnthe richest state in Union. Cmon man.

We arent on same radar these days.

Think about how highly Sark must be thought of as a coaching mind. HC for historic USC program, fall from grace, OC for best HC at historic Bama program, then HC for infinite-money historic Texas program.

Whether it works 🤷🏻‍♂️. But damn, people in the industry love this dude.
He was a hot mess at USC but people forget he was an alcoholic. He appears to have overcome that disease and turned his life around. Good for him. I always root for guys that can do that and still function in high stress positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back