Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this really any different than anything I said previously? I expect 7 wins barring major injuries. Anything less is a disappointment. Doesn't mean I think we should fire the coaches if we underachieve this year. But I will use this season as a barometer of what to expect from them.
Because you’re drawing a black and white line to where anything below 7 is bad and i don’t think that’s the case. Think of how lucky we’ve been the last few years injury wise. Say we lose banks and Darnell Wright early... then what happens? I see scenarios of us winning 5-6 games and still pulling off a good coaching job. There’s no real defense of 4 or below tho.

Because you’re drawing a black and white line to where anything below 7 is bad and i don’t think that’s the case. Think of how lucky we’ve been the last few years injury wise. Say we lose banks and Darnell Wright early... then what happens? I see scenarios of us winning 5-6 games and still pulling off a good coaching job. There’s no real defense of 4 or below tho.
Perhaps you missed where I clearly said barring major injury?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The only counter argument I will add is that Coach Fulmer had very good success switching some HS DL to OL. He did make those switches very early on in their career and stayed at OL after that. Fred Weary is one great example.
I’m fine with switching players. But switch them and leave them. Don’t flip flop from week to week.

How is this really any different than anything I said previously? I expect 7 wins barring major injuries. Anything less is a disappointment. Doesn't mean I think we should fire the coaches if we underachieve this year. But I will use this season as a barometer of what to expect from them.

If Heupel wins 7 this year he is SEC coach of the year.

Alontae and Flowers are good players. They will play in the NFL. Burrell has physical traits but man he is like the Brian Maurer of corners
Need to see more from both before calling them “good”. I have the image of flowers dropping that easy INT against GA last year seared into my memory.

Maybe this staff can get them to step up but there’s just no depth. Our DB guru didn’t leave much in the cupboard

One thing about switching lineman from one side of the ball to the other is that most of OL have played DL and many were good at both but speed, quickness, strength and or desire to play one position over the other made the difference in their recruitment.

If we lose Banks, Taylor, and an OT we could be in real trouble

Considering a combination of talent, attrition, and total scheme change, I think 5 wins is around the breakeven point.

We're somewhere in the neighborhood of Pitt, South Carolina and Missouri.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
I wonder if a college coach has ever came to a school, lined up all the players , evaluated each player not by position played in the past but purely skill set and where they will fit in to his system, then put them there and moved ahead ? How many would transfer ? How many would not like it and how many would thrive ? It would be like Jr High all over but it would be neat to see how it would work if everyone didn't transfer.

I wonder if a college coach has ever came to a school, lined up all the players , evaluated each player not by position played in the past but purely skill set and where they will fit in to his system, then put them there and moved ahead ? How many would transfer ? How many would not like it and how many would thrive ? It would be like Jr High all over but it would be neat to see how it would work if everyone didn't transfer.
I think that’s why Crouch is gone

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back