Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al was a running back in HS and was a freaking steam engine. On defense he played linebacker and was a QB for 1 year at Jackson Central Merry
I was just going by a newspaper article I had when he signed.... it stated he was a RB/ S..... the main point was high schools put athletes in certain positions that may not necessarily be their best position in college.

We need to do everything we can to land that transfer LB from Texas. That provides us instantly with experience and talent. He and Banks would likely be the starting two, and then we have depth behind them with Harrison, Joseph, French, Willis, and Garland. We're okay at DB, we lack depth. We need the freshman to be able to contribute right away. Maybe we can snag another DB from the portal or juco for depth purposes.

Harrison needs to be starting somewhere. The guy is too good not to see the field.

Surely we can win three non conference games and Vandy. The win 2 of SC, MO, KY, Pitt. That gets you to 6. Then pick off one other OM being the most likely, puts you at 7. I think we go bowling unless we self impose which I'm for.

We could win 8 games and not beat one good team. I know I know. No expectations

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Why is the defense going to be bad? We have virtually everyone back except at linebacker. Fully expect that void and depth to be filled in some serviceable manner and it’s not like that core played well last year.... DB’s are all back except Brice and Burrell and George will fill that role, Burrell perhaps better than Brice when all is said and done. Assume Jackson or Slaughter fill the Star position. Now the season after may be scary with the mass exodus at D Line...

We lost our best corner and multiple starters at LB with no one competent in the wings to replace them. Burrell never played last year on a bad defense. One injury and you’ll have a long snapper playing LB. Stop deluding yourself.

We lost our best corner and multiple starters at LB with no one competent in the wings to replace them. Burrell never played last year on a bad defense. One injury and you’ll have a long snapper playing LB. Stop deluding yourself.
We lost one competent starter at LB. Crouch was not an ILB. He was a liability. They also did not have a coach. Kenneth George and AT have a lot of experience at corner. AT is a really good player, btw. Henry and Bryce are big losses. But that doesn't mean the defense is sinking. We also are not one injury away from a long snapper at LB. If you're going to speak about the roster, go and learn it first.

I see you are only able to point out negatives, I suppose you’re correct, it’s all doom and gloom. Why would you be on the board if so? keep sleepin on that wet pillow bud...

Except ya know, the 8 games he played in...

2020 - SOPHOMORE
Played in eight games and made four starts, totaling 17 tackles and one pass breakup ... Started and made two tackles in season finale vs. #5 Texas A&M (12/19) ... Started and made one tackle and one PBU at Vanderbilt (12/12) ... Made second straight start at corner and set a new career high with eight tackles vs. #6 Florida (12/5) ... Started for the first time this season and tied a career high with four tackles at #23 Auburn (11/21) ... Made one tackle at Arkansas (11/7) ... Made first tackle of the year vs. Kentucky (10/17) ... Saw action as a reserve defensive back in season-opening win at South Carolina (9/26).

iu

We lost one competent starter at LB. Crouch was not an ILB. He was a liability. They also did not have a coach. Kenneth George and AT have a lot of experience at corner. AT is a really good player, btw. Henry and Bryce are big losses. But that doesn't mean the defense is sinking. We also are not one injury away from a long snapper at LB. If you're going to speak about the roster, go and learn it first.

Shut it, assmaster

Maybe, they both played CB but had different roles, Brice was free to roam and ball hawk a bit more...
There were a fews plays when Alontae worked hard to be in a good position to defend the pass but completely whiffed on knocking it down. That’s really what I’m basing the opinion on.

Except ya know, the 8 games he played in...

2020 - SOPHOMORE
Played in eight games and made four starts, totaling 17 tackles and one pass breakup ... Started and made two tackles in season finale vs. #5 Texas A&M (12/19) ... Started and made one tackle and one PBU at Vanderbilt (12/12) ... Made second straight start at corner and set a new career high with eight tackles vs. #6 Florida (12/5) ... Started for the first time this season and tied a career high with four tackles at #23 Auburn (11/21) ... Made one tackle at Arkansas (11/7) ... Made first tackle of the year vs. Kentucky (10/17) ... Saw action as a reserve defensive back in season-opening win at South Carolina (9/26).
LOLOLOL

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I was just going by a newspaper article I had when he signed.... it stated he was a RB/ S..... the main point was high schools put athletes in certain positions that may not necessarily be their best position in college.
He was a lot like the "Bugs Bunny" cartoon, when "Bugs" plays all 11 positions on the field at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back