Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody is full of sh^t. If you bothered to look at his 6-4 record, you would see that he had at least 10 players opt out of the season due to covid concerns and two of those loses were by two or less points. But by all means, spin it anyway you want to.
Wow...spinning that hard aren't you? Pumpers can always find an excuse to get yourselves pumped up. You were doing the same thing with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt, but deep down you all know we are coach shopping in 4 years max and probably 3.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Wow...spinning that hard aren't you? Pumpers can always find an excuse to get yourselves pumped up. You were doing the same thing with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt, but deep down you all know we are coach shopping in 4 years max and probably 3.
If you feel that way why post on a Tennessee fan message board? There are other teams you could root for..

When we are struggling to scratch out 6 wins this fall with inconsistent QB play and a thin/bad defense, there are going to be lots of posters foaming and moaning about the coaching staff.

For my part, I will just be watching and enjoying year 1 of the Heupel journey (and counting down to basketball season).

...Based on everything I’ve read and heard about the spring, you can see a rough first year coming from a mile away....
Who has ever foamed over a 1st year HC? Especially one under an NCAA cloud and with plenty of issues having zero to do with him?

Most of us have the mental capacity to feel optimistic ahead of time, while also fully understanding shortcomings and adjusting on-the-fly to new information.

Worry not, our feewings will not be hurt, nor are brains exploded, if we fall short this Fall. We're just trying to see the positives and hope for the best in the meantime.

As for "you can see a rough first year coming from a mile away" I disagree. I'll gladly bet we win 6+ games, even odds 🙃

I think us returning all the starting safeties can help a lot as well. Flowers, Theo, Jaylen all back and (imo) better positional coaches should help the secondary.

We lost Bryce, Sham, and Key. The last 2 only played 3 games for us though, Burrell and George put up better numbers than them.
I think Key will end up being a big loss when all is said and done. Of all the players we've lost, I think he's the one that goes on to do big things.

I actually think defensive success is going to come down to how well the DL plays and if the Memphis Trio has some ballers.

Eason, French and McDonald could all be impact players if they are good/great players. Each at a position of need too.
French has to get off suspension before he can do anything.

When we are struggling to scratch out 6 wins this fall with inconsistent QB play and a thin/bad defense, there are going to be lots of posters foaming and moaning about the coaching staff.

For my part, I will just be watching and enjoying year 1 of the Heupel journey (and counting down to basketball season).

...Based on everything I’ve read and heard about the spring, you can see a rough first year coming from a mile away....
If we're struggling to scratch out 6 wins and injury isn't involved, then we should be complaining. I'd consider that alarming. Why do people think we should lower our opinion of what the coaching staff should be able to accomplish? Heupel is getting paid millions. Maybe I'm old-fashioned in believing you don't get paid millions for failure to be acceptable? Doesn't mean I think he deserves to be fired after one season should we struggle, but damn, how he does at his job does matter.

Saw Matt Rhule brought up a couple days ago, and he's an interesting case study in expectation. I remember when he was hired at Baylor, and I was like meh, good for them. You guys know the record there before and after. There's no way to know if CJH is a Matt Rhule type hire, but its another example that illustrates how little we really know.

Agreed it truly is a crapshoot, no sure hire. The sample size for the coaches that have long term success is so small, it's hard to find patterns.

Think another name to consider is Paul Chryst. A .500 coach in his 3 years at Pitt, and a losing conference record. Goes back to Wisconsin and has had 4 seasons of 10 wins or more. The Barry Alvarez effect.

Wisconsin also maximized Bielema. We'll see what he does at Illinois, but I think he's an average head coach.

Reactions: UTMVol76
At this point, I’ll be surprised if Bailey is here next season.
Some just aren't as good as advertised and we seem to get all of them for some unknown reason. We'll get it right again.........maybe.........I hope......... I mean the odds are.........surely sooner or later.........I give up...........back to the corner......again.

When it appeared Pruitt was getting another season, you could have measured my body energy with a toothpick.

I would have had a tough time watching him on the sidelines again and knowing what trouble he put us in. We need Hype to be successful here. I hope he is here for the rest of his coaching career and UT is back competing again in the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back