Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then do it and get back to me.

Edit: And I agree that Bryce whiffed on tackles. He tried to arm tackle way too much.

I see the edit...

I think Taylor just didn't get as many thrown his way as Bryce because Bryce typically had the other teams better WR. I'd love to see AT generate more turnovers but I just don't think he's as bad as some people make him out to be. Unlike the rest of the secondary he was trying to be converted from WR as well, I think he's got a shot to have a really good year with Willie & Banks coaching him.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
I see the edit...

I think Taylor just didn't get as many thrown his way as Bryce because Bryce typically had the other teams better WR. I'd love to see AT generate more turnovers but I just don't think he's as bad as some people make him out to be. Unlike the rest of the secondary he was trying to be converted from WR as well, I think he's got a shot to have a really good year with Willie & Banks coaching him.
Agree. They’re both talented, but I’d rather have Alontae on my team just cause he’s an effort guy and more consistent. We’ll have a chance to see if he can generate more interceptions this year cause I’m sure he’ll be cb1.

Except ya know, the 8 games he played in...

2020 - SOPHOMORE
Played in eight games and made four starts, totaling 17 tackles and one pass breakup ... Started and made two tackles in season finale vs. #5 Texas A&M (12/19) ... Started and made one tackle and one PBU at Vanderbilt (12/12) ... Made second straight start at corner and set a new career high with eight tackles vs. #6 Florida (12/5) ... Started for the first time this season and tied a career high with four tackles at #23 Auburn (11/21) ... Made one tackle at Arkansas (11/7) ... Made first tackle of the year vs. Kentucky (10/17) ... Saw action as a reserve defensive back in season-opening win at South Carolina (9/26).
Amen. At least some watch the games....

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Agree. They’re both talented, but I’d rather have Alontae on my team just cause he’s an effort guy and more consistent. We’ll have a chance to see if he can generate more interceptions this year cause I’m sure he’ll be cb1.

I think us returning all the starting safeties can help a lot as well. Flowers, Theo, Jaylen all back and (imo) better positional coaches should help the secondary.

We lost Bryce, Sham, and Key. The last 2 only played 3 games for us though, Burrell and George put up better numbers than them.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I actually think defensive success is going to come down to how well the DL plays and if the Memphis Trio has some ballers.

Eason, French and McDonald could all be impact players if they are good/great players. Each at a position of need too.

I actually think defensive success is going to come down to how well the DL plays and if the Memphis Trio has some ballers.

Eason, French and McDonald could all be impact players if they are good/great players. Each at a position of need too.
There's definitely a Memphis pride thing building on defense.

People are forgetting McDonald when they talk about the secondary. He was playing over Key last year if you recall. He came on strong and has a bright future. This staff has spoken highly of him also. Slaughter is a guy that Martinez recruited so I'm hoping that he'll take off under him and become a great player for us.

We lost our best corner and multiple starters at LB with no one competent in the wings to replace them. Burrell never played last year on a bad defense. One injury and you’ll have a long snapper playing LB. Stop deluding yourself.
The long snapper won’t be in the 3 deep..... I have confidence in burrell

Reactions: 99Vol
When we are struggling to scratch out 6 wins this fall with inconsistent QB play and a thin/bad defense, there are going to be lots of posters foaming and moaning about the coaching staff.

For my part, I will just be watching and enjoying year 1 of the Heupel journey (and counting down to basketball season).

...Based on everything I’ve read and heard about the spring, you can see a rough first year coming from a mile away....

Sorry, did I miss something on that reporter talking about Milton still deciding between us and WSU? I thought he was already enrolled or on the directory and was seen on campus? I thought this was a done deal?
Tony B said Milton has told the coaches that he's gonna play for UT. He just gave a reporter some dumb answer to a question. My money is on UT here.

Reactions: volinbama256
He has hired Lance Leipold, Scott Frost, Bobby Hurley, Nate Oats.

What on earth are you talking about?
Which one of these coaches are blowing your skirt up? We've already talked about Frost...what's Liepolds record again? 37-33 in the BRUTAL mid-american conference?

I want to see how much McDonald improves under this staff.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back