Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just said an hour ago: "Bailey looked to befaster in pocket with his movements and mechanics" regarding practice today.

What did you see him say?
Maybe that’s faster in relation to what HE HAD been doing...rather than in comparison to the other QB’s?

Last edited:
Thanks, I checked out the menu...seemed a little Austin new age uppity 😳

Will definitely check it out.

There's definitely a bit of that vibe there, but I still enjoyed the food. Heim BBQ really takes that hipster-foodie approach to another level, but the brisket was real good, and the burnt ends were outstanding.05DEF174-415A-4F7C-A9C5-6216A6AFBEF6.jpeg

Last edited:
O&W leader predictions anyone?

Leading Passer (total yards) - Hooker

Leading Rusher - Small

Leading Receiver - Hyatt

Leading Tackler - ...No clue.

He just said an hour ago: "Bailey looked to befaster in pocket with his movements and mechanics" regarding practice today.

What did you see him say?

On the podcast he was frustrated with the question why aren’t we seeing more from Bailey? He said who anointed him the savior of UT football? and there are questions about his arm strength and downfield throws which this offense is predicated on.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
On the podcast he was frustrated with the question why aren’t we seeing more from Bailey? He said who anointed him the savior of UT football? and there are questions about his arm strength and downfield throws which this offense is predicated on.
Bet he's pissed Mike Farrell singlehandedly pushed them to making him a 5* and now he has to deal with all the silly expectations 😅

But I agree with him, he's not, and never was the generational talent some could never let go of...mostly because he was identified really early on (7th or 8th grade iirc) and those kids always end up with an undue amount of unwarranted hype. That was never HB's fault and he's been nothing but humble and seems to be a "nose to the grindstone" type. Fans need to come back to realistic expectations for a guy rated lower than JG, Salter, Crompton, Bray, and others. These level guys almost always take time to develop. Stans need to relax and be patient. The kid is and will be just fine.

Bet he's pissed Mike Farrell singlehandedly pushed them to making him a 5* and now he has to deal with all the silly expectations 😅

But I agree with him, he's not, and never was the generational talent some could never let go of...mostly because he was identified really early on (7th or 8th grade iirc) and those kids always end up with an undue amount of unwarranted hype. That was never HB's fault and he's been nothing but humble and seems to be a "nose to the grindstone" type. Fans need to come back to realistic expectations for a guy rated lower than JG, Salter, Crompton, Bray, and others. These level guys almost always take time to develop. Stans need to relax and be patient. The kid is and will be just fine.

Honestly that’s what got me. His employer pushed up the rating which led to the expectations and hype. Then when fans dare to question you get frustrated.

He also said he is a quiet kid who struggles to lead the huddle. That can be taught and improved upon as he matures. The arm strength on the other hand...it is what it is.

Reactions: VolByLaw

My understanding of Bailey in high school was that he had a lot of great players around him that inflated his standing.

Part of his 5 star rating was to generate clicks as a guy who could bring those other players with him. We know that didn’t happen.

My understanding of Bailey in high school was that he had a lot of great players around him that inflated his standing.

Part of his 5 star rating was to generate clicks as a guy who could bring those other players with him. We know that didn’t happen.
His OL was *** up until his SR year. That said, there's no doubt he also had a cheat code in Gilbert. And a couple other P5 skill players.

I do think that's where some of the disconnect comes from comparing his stats to others. Not to marginalize what he's done and he's undoubtedly a big time talent. Buuut he wasn't a top 40 type guy or unanimous 5* like TLaw, Fields, Watson, or Fromm either. And those seem to be the guys some compare him to just based on HS stats.

But I ABSOLUTELY don't get people dogging a kid that just threw 71% for 8.5 YPA, 2.0 TD:INT in a true freshman season with no Spring...and an all-SEC schedule. Goodness...outside of the sacks and fumbles, seems pretty darn strong to me, in fact.

Here is a quote from the article about L.T. Overton -
Overton's recruitment is one that has not been quiet, as he is currently rated the number one overall recruit in the 2023 class. While, he has a list of heavy-hitters involved, he will have a chance to take in what Tennessee and Rodney Garner can offer him on the defensive line this weekend.
All accounts in Overton's recruitment suggests he will be meticulous in making his decision. His father is a former assistant athletic director at Alabama and the current athletic director at Kennesaw State. Overton's recruitment has been handled correctly at every turn to this point, and it should not change anytime soon.

What they failed to mention is that Overton's father was a star at Oklahoma and I am pretty sure that he knows Heupel. L.T. is impressive. He also started on the state champion basketball team.

Wow...spinning that hard aren't you? Pumpers can always find an excuse to get yourselves pumped up. You were doing the same thing with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt, but deep down you all know we are coach shopping in 4 years max and probably 3.
Some trolls just seem to be afraid of facts

O&W leader predictions anyone?

Leading Passer (total yards) - Hooker

Leading Rusher - Small

Leading Receiver - Hyatt

Leading Tackler - ...No clue.
Absolutely no way Hooker is the leading passer in total yards based on every report this spring.

I'll go...

Maurer
Small
Velus
Banks

Only Tourists go to Rendezvous regularly
Speaking of BBQ, someone posted a couple of weeks ago about getting some good BBQ at a place in Mt. Juliet. I'm there or through there quite often. Does anyone recall the name of the place and, if anyone has tried it, can you give an opinion?

Reactions: UTMVol76
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back