Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been saying this forever. It will be the death of major college athletics imo, or I should say the death of what has made them great to me.

I am a Vol, but I may start following more purely amateur Tennesse small college football and basketball teams. The Tennessee Volunteers will no longer exist the way they should to me.

Like I said earlier, if we’re gonna go down this path, let’s do away with it all and go to Club sports like Europe. I just don’t like how this will end up and everyone will be like “how did this happen”?

With the NIL in the future, one must remember who will be the big payers and what have they done thru sponsorship of AAU basketball and football camps to direct talent to certain schools that use their products. This is done thru "Handlers" now and everyone knows it but will not openly talk about it on the NCAA level. Now when a player gets an agent instead of a "Handler" is he a Pro or a amateur ? This is what the beginning of the end of amateur sports as we have come to know it could look like. Its all about money in the end.

I agree with player compensation in collegiate sports. Players should be able to profit from their talents. It’s a sticky situation that will require much ironing out over the years.
I’m at the point where I agree
Players should be able to compensate off their names
The NCAA is a joke, they do treat the athletes like they own them making millions off of them and then rush to penalize them if they break the rules when the NCAA can’t even make up its corrupt mind on rules when it come to penalties

I’m still confused as to how this will work. Can they sell autographs? Literally, big boosters could just pay big money and say it was for the autograph.
That's exactly what I was referencing. They'll have some guardrails to keep that specific scenario from happening, but you can't make enough rules to completely keep boosters from "legally" buying the services of players.

Reactions: Nuctech777
Then full ride athletic scholarships need to be done away with.
LOL what? That makes no sense. Because kids can now be paid actual money for their likenesses?

Like 10% MAYBE of P5 football players are good enough to get endorsements, and maybe 10% of those will make enough to pay for college. You going to take away scholarships of the other 99%?

Bailey was the best QB on last years team and is the best QB on this team. He can run the fast paced offense and can get rid of the ball quick. He does not have a great arm, but he can make all the throws. I have no idea what Chaney, Weinke and Pruitt were doing last year. Maybe Bailey was sick. Looking back, Chaney was just cashing a check.

At some point, Bailey needed to play more last year. He would have provided hope. I did hear from the grandparents of a student manager that they were trying to help him with the playbook after a few weeks into the season. I got the impression that he just missed a whole lot of fall camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back