Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how this isn't a bigger issue. Not talking schools...I don't expect schools to speak up, otherwise they either bite their own hand or look weak.

But fans, as those consuming the product, should be talking this up as a major issue. It's ridiculous.
I have no idea what to do about it. One time transfer made it worse. NIL is going to make it worse also.

Expanding the playoff is a start, but even then, I doubt that fixes it. Bama, Clemson, and OSU are going to beat those bottom seeds 9 out of 10 times anyway.

Something has to be done or CFB will eventually start to suffer
I think it already is. I wasn't interested in the playoffs at all last year. Just watched a little of all the games to see who would win. Watched way fewer regular season games. I usually watch all day no matter how Tennessee is doing so that wasn't it. Didn't watch many conference championships or bowl games.

Some more fuel:

Sorry if some of the dates are sort of arbitrary, conferences have had titles for different lengths of time.

Big 12 (1996-2005) - 6 different champions over 10 seasons

Big 12 (2006-present) - 2 different champions over 15 seasons

ACC (2005-2014) - 5 different teams over 10 seasons

ACC (2015-Present) - 1 team over 6 seasons

SEC first 10 years (1992-2001) - 5 different teams over 10 years

SEC next 10 years (2002-2011) - 6 different teams over 10 seasons

SEC (2012-present) - 3 different teams over 9 seasons. Bama 6 out of the 9

B1G - first 6 years (2011-2016) - 4 different teams over 6 seasons

B1G - last 4 years (2017-present) - 1 team over 4 seasons
That sums it up. You would think the sportcasters would be sick of it by now even though they are partially to blame for it.

Last edited:
“Investigators said the victim, 40-year-old Jerry Smith, knew Etute, but they didn't say how. Etute was identified as a person of interest, and later charged with second-degree murder.”

might as well say, “We chose him because of his color, figured he did it”

In all seriousness though, RIP to the victim, prayers to all who knew him and I hope the proper punishment is made.
Are you saying he was arrested because he is black?

Are you saying he was arrested because he is black?
I’m saying, that’s what that passage sounds like. Don’t like it? Don’t blame me, blame the person writing that. I’m not getting into this, because I don’t have an opinion on how certain people are treated.

I’m saying, that’s what that passage sounds like. Don’t like it? Don’t blame me, blame the person writing that. I’m not getting into this, because I don’t have an opinion on how certain people are treated.
Sorry I asked. Just wanted to know if there was a reason to think that.

I think it already is. I wasn't interested in the playoffs at all last year. Just watched a little of all the games to see who would win. Watched way fewer regular season games. I usually watch all day no matter how Tennessee is doing so that wasn't it. Didn't watch many conference championships or bowl games.

Hardly any meaningful regular season games any more

Can’t recall the last major upset that had any bearing on the title race

Playoff games are mostly lopsided blowouts

Alabama’s talent advantage over everyone else is insurmountable - your only hope is that they are having a bad day

CFB is broken already

Some more fuel:

Sorry if some of the dates are sort of arbitrary, conferences have had titles for different lengths of time.

Big 12 (1996-2005) - 6 different champions over 10 seasons

Big 12 (2006-present) - 2 different champions over 15 seasons

ACC (2005-2014) - 5 different teams over 10 seasons

ACC (2015-Present) - 1 team over 6 seasons

SEC first 10 years (1992-2001) - 5 different teams over 10 years

SEC next 10 years (2002-2011) - 6 different teams over 10 seasons

SEC (2012-present) - 3 different teams over 9 seasons. Bama 6 out of the 9

B1G - first 6 years (2011-2016) - 4 different teams over 6 seasons

B1G - last 4 years (2017-present) - 1 team over 4 seasons

I think Big 12 between 2006 and now is 4, not 2: Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor.

ETA: Wait, I forgot Oklahoma State. 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
“Investigators said the victim, 40-year-old Jerry Smith, knew Etute, but they didn't say how. Etute was identified as a person of interest, and later charged with second-degree murder.”

In all seriousness though, RIP to the victim, prayers to all who knew him and I hope the proper punishment is made.
The police post said the two were acquaintances and had witnesses. Don’t think there’s anything more than that.

They didn’t say how they knew each other. So that means they don’t want public to know. But to you that means cuz he’s black? Haha

They didn’t say how they knew each other. So that means they don’t want public to know. But to you that means cuz he’s black? Haha

Like I said to Brillo, I’m making a comment based on how that was written, nothing more. I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, you may stop crying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back