Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it already is. I wasn't interested in the playoffs at all last year. Just watched a little of all the games to see who would win. Watched way fewer regular season games. I usually watch all day no matter how Tennessee is doing so that wasn't it. Didn't watch many conference championships or bowl games.

Same way. I watched very little CFB after it was apparent that UT had s*** the bed last season.

Same way. I watched very little CFB after it was apparent that UT had s*** the bed last season.
used to care less about nfl or even epl. would even turn to an mlb game over any of those horses **** playoff games.

watch more and more nfl these days. epl when it's on. mlb is better tha years back.

typed this using predictive text.

used to care less about nfl or even epl. would even turn to an mlb game over any of those horses **** playoff games.

watch more and more nfl these days. epl when it's on. mlb is better tha years back.

typed this using predictive text.

I just have moved away from a lot of sports. There is too much politics and agenda for me. I just want to watch sports and not hear about the players social justice crusade. That's me though.

I just have moved away from a lot of sports. There is too much politics and agenda for me. I just want to watch sports and not hear about the players social justice crusade. That's me though.

Politics is part of it, but it's also just so sanitized and corporate, if that makes any sense. I watch these old games from the 70s and 80s and just see a team of men competing for a common cause. It just feels like it was more about the team, about pride in the university. Today it feels like the NFL junior leagues. The new transfer rules are something like a free agency, and again, it feels like it's less about the team or the university and more about the individual. That sort of takes the fun out of a sport that is very much built on working together as a cohesive unit.

it's reverse for me. sports was always entertainment. i can look past the politics. but for same reason i have chosen to stop watching news... period. it's not that i dont care, i dont have mental physical or emotional time to invest in any of that. my time as a dad, husband, and human come before any of that is too short. college football is not same.

i would and have take my kids to HS, or smaller Div 2 game, where people get it.

it's reverse for me. sports was always entertainment. i can look past the politics. but for same reason i have chosen to stop watching news... period. it's not that i dont care, i dont have mental physical or emotional time to invest in any of that. my time as a dad, husband, and human come before any of that is too short. college football is not same.

I'm a political science professor and I literally tell my students not to watch the news. If they want to follow it, they should read it.

It's sad. My only solution with College Football is to turn on the game at kickoff and not watch any pregame stuff or other ESPN crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back