Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Put them out there. We've all got to quit being so thin-skinned and looking for something to be offended about.

“40-year-old Jerry Smith, knew Etute, but they didn't say how”.

That’s the only thing that really bothered me. It could have been interpreted a million different ways and I used the race card. I jumped the gun.

And AGAIN, I’m sure he is guilty, I’m not taking up for him.

Some more fuel:

Sorry if some of the dates are sort of arbitrary, conferences have had titles for different lengths of time.

Big 12 (1996-2005) - 6 different champions over 10 seasons

Big 12 (2006-present) - 2 different champions over 15 seasons

ACC (2005-2014) - 5 different teams over 10 seasons

ACC (2015-Present) - 1 team over 6 seasons

SEC first 10 years (1992-2001) - 5 different teams over 10 years

SEC next 10 years (2002-2011) - 6 different teams over 10 seasons

SEC (2012-present) - 3 different teams over 9 seasons. Bama 6 out of the 9

B1G - first 6 years (2011-2016) - 4 different teams over 6 seasons

B1G - last 4 years (2017-present) - 1 team over 4 seasons
Great work Devo. Sh*** broken and getting worse

“40-year-old Jerry Smith, knew Etute, but they didn't say how”.

That’s the only thing that really bothered me. It could have been interpreted a million different ways and I used the race card. I jumped the gun.

And AGAIN, I’m sure he is guilty, I’m not taking up for him.
Yeah. I just read the article. Unfortunately articles are written by media hacks who don't care how things sound in print.

Freshman VT football player Isimemen Etute has been arrested for murder of a Blacksburg resident.

He has since been suspended from the Virginia Tech football squad, the university said in a Wednesday statement.

Props to VT for suspending the player. But I hope they let him back vs Clemson at least.

“Investigators said the victim, 40-year-old Jerry Smith, knew Etute, but they didn't say how. Etute was identified as a person of interest, and later charged with second-degree murder.”

might as well say, “We chose him because of his color, figured he did it”

In all seriousness though, RIP to the victim, prayers to all who knew him and I hope the proper punishment is made.
WTF..

I have no idea what to do about it. One time transfer made it worse. NIL is going to make it worse also.

Expanding the playoff is a start, but even then, I doubt that fixes it. Bama, Clemson, and OSU are going to beat those bottom seeds 9 out of 10 times anyway.
Outside of the NFL miraculously moving to a "2 and done" model or making their own minor league...

The NCAA could make things more like the pros draft and take away signing spots from playoff teams. That feels a bit extreme, but most any pro sport has parity measures, so I don't see why college couldn't either.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back