Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have freshman or sophomores who can’t see the field at Tennessee how do you expect them to transfer and play at a school like bama, Georgia, or Florida…that makes no sense. This new rule would even the playing field for us not schools that are already good. Juniors and seniors usually stay put if they are playing
I think that the recruiting of players will be continuous, not only for new players but the ones you already have on your roster. That backdoor recruiting will become even more common place and we know young kids like shiny and knew and the lure of rings at some place new is tempting. Its not about school and team anymore, its about the individual and exposure. Who can get a player ready for Sunday or the promise of it true or not is what they all look at anymore.

Last edited:
If we have freshman or sophomores who can’t see the field at Tennessee how do you expect them to transfer and play at a school like bama, Georgia, or Florida…that makes no sense. This new rule would even the playing field for us not schools that are already good. Juniors and seniors usually stay put if they are playing
Not really. Ex we have player A who is a Sophmore hes started 2 years at TN but Bama has a need at that position for the upcoming season. Bama comes in and says your good but we can make you better boom you just lost a starter.
Ex 2.... Fresh/So has friends at Bama/UGA while TN is going 6-6 and struggling to beat UK, His friends at Bama are winning championships, he transfers to those schools to get the perks and hang out with friends wether he plays or not.
Just like this last off season the play off contenders (OU) will poach the better players off of lesser teams to fill holes on their roster.

Here is some food for thought, ESPN could be the major cause of the down fall of college sports. They at one time (and still do today to some extent) have controlled the narrative of sports "politics" and in many ways have influenced the National Champions by specific team coverage and Heisman voting by voter influence and could be considered the cause of what is wrong with college sports today. I know this is far fetched in many ways but if you trace it on back it kinds makes you think.
Agree

Not really. Ex we have player A who is a Sophmore hes started 2 years at TN but Bama has a need at that position for the upcoming season. Bama comes in and says your good but we can make you better boom you just lost a starter.
Ex 2.... Fresh/So has friends at Bama/UGA while TN is going 6-6 and struggling to beat UK, His friends at Bama are winning championships, he transfers to those schools to get the perks and hang out with friends wether he plays or not.
Just like this last off season the play off contenders (OU) will poach the better players off of lesser teams to fill holes on their roster.
I don’t see it…most kids want playing time and great teams usually don’t have a lot of holes to fill and playing time to offer in that regard

I don’t see it…most kids want playing time and great teams usually don’t have a lot of holes to fill and playing time to offer in that regard
But they lie and say they do to get a quality depth player. The player will lose their 1 time transfer and waste a year.

But they lie and say they do to get a quality depth player. The player will lose their 1 time transfer and waste a year.
Some of these young adults actually have brains and can look up a depth chart off the internet, not saying you are wrong and that what you are saying can’t happen I’d just be more inclined to think this rule change could potentially hurt good football schools just as much

935a7d29eb086be11a7722bbae4200ab.jpg

Sorry this is wrong. Most kids that are elite and coming out hv 1 goal and that's to win and have fun. Kids nowadays that are high 4* and 5* don't mind waiting at Bama, tOSU, UGA, Fla, OK,LSU, or aTm winning is much better than playing time. Winning produces a culture that attracts big time prospects and before anyone ask yes they still pay kids.

Sorry this is wrong. Most kids that are elite and coming out hv 1 goal and that's to win and have fun. Kids nowadays that are high 4* and 5* don't mind waiting at Bama, tOSU, UGA, Fla, OK,LSU, or aTm winning is much better than playing time. Winning produces a culture that attracts big time prospects and before anyone ask yes they still pay kids.
Lol so you’re telling me that I’m wrong in saying that players don’t transfer to other schools for more playing time, am I really having to argue this point on this board? Im not disagreeing with your viewpoint at all, but to say im wrong is just plain dumb

Sure I’m totally wrong in pointing out kids also transfer for more playing time… laughable
In your OP you said the schools that would benfit from the rules would be us and not the good schools and thats just not true. The good schools will pick apart the bad schools, and the kids they let transfer for playing time are going to be kids that dont make the cut.
Ex...... play 4 years at TN and beat the hell out of your body and tear it up. Or sit the bench at Bama for 3 years, go to multiple championships and then play for 1 year and get drafted.
Another example Justin Fields... transferred for playing time, where did he go? One of the other champ contenders.

Kirby is a Piece of 💩. You know it and tons of high school coaches know it. Mullen is weird as F. You know it and tons of high school coaches know it. Plus his wife will give his players mouth Herpes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back