Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s now D-Day anniversary for those on EST.

I got to visit Normandy back in 1996, specifically Utah and Omaha beaches. Walking through the bombed out bunkers, seeing the wide open sands where thousands died, and something as simple as touching old barbed wire that still remained almost put me there.

None of it held a candle to seeing the American cemetery there and the countless rows of grave markers. That was one of the most sobering experiences of my life. 9,386 graves and another 1,557 names marked as missing, just in that one battle.

Because of witnessing the beaches and the graves first hand, this date will always be ingrained in my mind. It’s a great reminder to be forever thankful for those who serve or have served in our military, and especially for those who sacrificed it all. They were willing to lay down their lives in order to save others. That’s what this country is all about. I hope we never completely forget it.

I have been to Dachau Nazi Concentration Camp outside of Munich. Sobering to say the least.

hurt your feelings?
Tried to cheat they’re way to a playoff victory and it almost worked... They still lost though

Most fixed game I have ever played in/seen, and I have evidence of it too... all on a DVD of the game lol

Those refs were so crooked

I will give credit to those fans though. It was a great atmosphere, and really loud. I will never forget it

EDIT: I just found that thread in the high schools sports forum. Some very interesting takes in there lol. West @ rhea county ‘14

Last edited:
Tried to cheat they’re way to a playoff victory and it almost worked... They still lost though

Most fixed game I have ever played in/seen, and I have evidence of it too... all on a DVD of the game lol

Those refs were so crooked

I will give credit to those fans though. It was a great atmosphere, and really loud. I will never forget it

EDIT: I just found that thread in the high schools sports forum. Some very interesting takes in there lol. West @ rhea county ‘14
2019? Rhea and Powell

I hate it.

Why not just have him and his caddy play alone tomorrow.

He is vaccinated , it is outdoors and everyone else is vaccinated too.

I don’t understand the major overreaction.
Gotta stop testing everyone, especially vaccinated people holy sh**. What’s the point of the vaccine if you are still testing

My Brother in Law is in the Guard. Has about 2 more years to get his 20 year benefits

I'm over 20. Working on one more promotion and you can't beat the health insurance benefits. With 3 kids still not out of high school, I will stick around and play Army for a while. Plus I greatly enjoy the people I work with right now. Good folks.

Tell your BIL thank you for serving his state and nation.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

I can still throw ONE good breaking ball every time we get in the yard and can throw a pretty good fast ball, at best I'm a four pitch reliever then it's the showers.......He's done coach take him out !!!! Remember what I call a fastball these days is basically a weak change-up.

Forget the curve ball Ricky. Give him the heater.

I have been to Dachau Nazi Concentration Camp outside of Munich. Sobering to say the least.

The only place I've ever been where it felt as if every single molecule of happiness was removed from my body. Just walking through the gate was sobering, and then we toured the area. Even 70 years later, you can still smell death. My wife coined the phrase "heartbreakingly fascinating" during that trip.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1622980114640.jpg
    FB_IMG_1622980114640.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 21
  • FB_IMG_1622980098058.jpg
    FB_IMG_1622980098058.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back