Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s now D-Day anniversary for those on EST.

I got to visit Normandy back in 1996, specifically Utah and Omaha beaches. Walking through the bombed out bunkers, seeing the wide open sands where thousands died, and something as simple as touching old barbed wire that still remained almost put me there.

None of it held a candle to seeing the American cemetery there and the countless rows of grave markers. That was one of the most sobering experiences of my life. 9,386 graves and another 1,557 names marked as missing, just in that one battle.

Because of witnessing the beaches and the graves first hand, this date will always be ingrained in my mind. It’s a great reminder to be forever thankful for those who serve or have served in our military, and especially for those who sacrificed it all. They were willing to lay down their lives in order to save others. That’s what this country is all about. I hope we never completely forget it.
Would love to visit there someday. I did tour the National Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii though and it too is very sobering and sent chills up and down my spine. My son got to tour the concentration camp in Auswich and said when he got down in the area where the Jews were gassed gave him an eery feeling and he said still had a weird smell in the place.

Yea, I get that the Liberty coach was also coaching third base. But a head coach has and should be able to argue balls and strikes from the dugout, and if the head coach is at 3rd, I just believe you give him a little leeway.

Balls and strikes just shouldn’t be totally off limits. I didn’t get to high school level but pitched for years growing up. Disagreements are going to happen. I also umped little league games, and letting the coach vent is ok. They just shouldn’t show you up. Sometimes, you just have to walk away, but this ump, as the analyst even recognized, made a concerted effort to intentionally be involved and follow the player or coach.

You are arguing what should be in your mind instead of what is in the baseball world. The rules are you can argue from the dugout until your language and accusations get too abusive in the minds of the umps. They are granted that authority to determine for a reason - to keep order in the game. That actually gives them what you want in your argument - discretionary authority. You just want it be lenient authority. That is also a discretionary decision by the umps - leniency. When the coaches incite or go along with the players to also go batshiz crazy, show up the umps, etc. - they get tossed as the rules state they should.

Rewatch the behavior - it's all on video. You cannot question balls and strikes - the HC did and came out of the box toward the ump. He was told to return to the box and refused, kept calling it a ball. He wanted the ump to say it was because of the checked swing, which he didn't. So the HC was framing an argument - something you know well in your line of work. FWIW it was clearly a lollipop strike down the middle waist high. The player complained because he was fooled on the pitch and the HC jumped to his defense and went too far. It happens.

The pitching coach never stopped mouthing from the dugout and when he went out to make the pitching change. The catcher kept trying to influence strike calls on the outside the entire game that were called balls consistently. That incited the pitching coach. None of us know all that was actually said, but if you try to show up the umps constantly you will get tossed. It's in the rules.

UT coaches never left the dugout/boxes with their complaints. Apparently what they did say did not cross the line. When they made a pitching change they did not mouth off to the umps. So they did not get tossed. Same crew both games. There are ways to show and discuss your displeasure that do not attempt to undermine the authority in baseball and in life.

JMO. Always respect yours.

Does UT baseball play today? I know they have to play the winner of Liberty and Duke, just didn’t know what time they would play if they did. TIA

Does UT baseball play today? I know they have to play the winner of Liberty and Duke, just didn’t know what time they would play if they did. TIA

We play the winner of Duke v Liberty. They play at like 12 and we play the winner at 6. So whoever we play has a double header today.

Calm down there geezer

... I mean, weezer

hit-1-gif.371209

I escaped the cult about 7-8 years ago. Not going back in.
Personally, I haven't use either phone...samsung/iphone...in many a year. No way in hell I'm spending that much money on a phone. The Moto G series is mighty fine for what I want/need. Unlocked and doesn't have the bloatware cell carriers typically slather their phones with.

Personally, I haven't use either phone...samsung/iphone...in many a year. No way in hell I'm spending that much money on a phone. The Moto G series is mighty fine for what I want/need. Unlocked and doesn't have the bloatware cell carriers typically slather their phones with.
I love my pixel, superior to Samsung imo.

Reactions: Jack5151
Androids can do everything an iPhone can and more. Plus Samsung phones aren't made in China. So that is a plus.
I agree. As a person that’s had both, Samsung’s Galaxy line blows iPhone out of the water. It’s just most US customers have iPhones.

P.S. I’ve never had a Google Pixel but have heard good things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back