Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung is where it's at! My coworkers give me heck because they can't name a text thread we're all in because I'm the only one not using an iPhone. Ha.

Another thing I hate about iPhone is how in a group message people can "like" a text. Then I get 15 friggin notifications that somebody liked someone else's text. It's a text message thread, not a message board. Drives me bonkers and it is a dumb worthless feature that I hope android never adopts.

More user friendly, more security, syncing between other apple products, being plugged into apps, etc that coworkers and friends use (FaceTime, iMessage, etc).
that’s all I have to say on the great debate. I’ve had this talk a hundred times on both sides of the fence, and through using both, I enjoy iPhones more. That’s all I got on it. Moving on...

Ok. Wrong answer, but ok.

Lol. Just kidding. Different strokes.

Yea, I get that the Liberty coach was also coaching third base. But a head coach has and should be able to argue balls and strikes from the dugout, and if the head coach is at 3rd, I just believe you give him a little leeway.

Balls and strikes just shouldn’t be totally off limits. I didn’t get to high school level but pitched for years growing up. Disagreements are going to happen. I also umped little league games, and letting the coach vent is ok. They just shouldn’t show you up. Sometimes, you just have to walk away, but this ump, as the analyst even recognized, made a concerted effort to intentionally be involved and follow the player or coach.

Who has the best view of balls and strikes? The umpire or someone sitting in the dugout? There's a reason it's off-limits. The coach was showing up the umpire and slowing down the game. He was also warned but didn't listen. The analysts kept harping on that he should be allowed to ask questions as long as he wasn't arguing balls/strikes. But he was arguing the strike zone as he kept saying, "that was a ball."

Bet it was either a false positive or he took J&J..that one is just about useless with all the variants now.
It was not a false positive. Before he finished his round yesterday, they had already performed re-tests of Rahm's sample, and the re-test also tested positive. He has Covid. Also, the JNJ vaccine was tested more extensively than the other 2 vaccines. It was tested against all known variants at the time, including the British variants and the South African variant. The other vaccines were only tested against the most prevalent strains of the virus in the U.S.

It was not a false positive. Before he finished his round yesterday, they had already performed re-tests of Rahm's sample, and the re-test also tested positive. He has Covid. Also, the JNJ vaccine was tested more extensively than the other 2 vaccines. It was tested against all known variants at the time, including the British variants and the South African variant. The other vaccines were only tested against the most prevalent strains of the virus in the U.S.

It's golf. The original socially distanced game. He can literally stay 6 feet from everyone and still play. So tired of rampant stupidity.

It's golf. The original socially distanced game. He can literally stay 6 feet from everyone and still play. So tired of rampant stupidity.
...and I posted yesterday right after this news broke that he and his caddy should be able to play solo today to finish the tournament. The PGA tour needs to revise their rules given the change in circumstances this year versus last year. They haven't done so yet, and now it's going to cost Rahm a title and a boatload of money.

Another thing I hate about iPhone is how in a group message people can "like" a text. Then I get 15 friggin notifications that somebody liked someone else's text. It's a text message thread, not a message board. Drives me bonkers and it is a dumb worthless feature that I hope android never adopts.
Happens on the prayer chain constantly. By the way, I am using my daughter's old iPhone because the camera on my new Galaxy tore up less than a year after I got it, and no one could fix it. She wants her son to be able to Facetime me so she insisted. And she could not believe I let the sales lady talk me into a Galaxy. I'm not sure which I like better lol.

I also find it fascinating that they have forced Rahm to withdraw, but I haven't heard of anything with respect to his playing partners. Yesterday, he played with Scheffler and Cantlay. Last year, those two guys would have been quarantined for 2 weeks due to contact tracing. Haven't heard anything about them.

Reactions: Vols4us
I work in healthcare and we are not allowed to retest samples...... it has to be a brand new test..... we have had something similar happen at my facility and it turned out that person didn’t have COVID..... if there are no signs and symptoms then he more than likely doesn’t have it.

I work in healthcare and we are not allowed to retest samples...... it has to be a brand new test..... we have had something similar happen at my facility and it turned out that person didn’t have COVID..... if there are no signs and symptoms then he more than likely doesn’t have it.
I'm just repeating what they reported on TV, which likely could be wrong because the media are a bunch of idiots. They reported that a 2nd test confirmed the positive result. They stated that it was a retest of the same sample. However, that likely was an erroneous statement on their part.

Mr. Ed walks into a bar. The bartender points at him and yells, "Hey!"

Mr. Ed says, "Wow. You read my mind."

tenor.gif

Just finished reading online that Rahm had received his first vaccination shot earlier this week after he had already been exposed to Covid. Therefore, that vaccination shot was worthless with respect to this instance of exposure to Covid. Also, Rahm had apparently informed all of his playing partners this week that he was involved in the contact tracing protocols. Therefore, all of his playing partners maintained social distancing protocols from Rahm so they are not required to be quarantined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back