Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD White won the lottery by walking into a situation where no one cares about a sport, but he has a top coach that quickly showed his worth. There’s no way on earth he lets Tony walk.
I wouldn't say lottery, because it's baseball. But it certainly is one area he doesn't have to stress about.

Tickets are worth what people are willing to pay for them. It’s no different in any other market.
yep. i'm crazy enough to buy it, and so are other people apparently. i even think price gouging laws are idiotic. water being $15 a bottle after a hurricane isn't evil, it incentivizes people to buy up water and go down to disaster areas to make a buck, which by default helps those without access to water. Just because a profit is involved doesn't mean it's not helping people.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I am hoping that the negative opinions that their retiring coach expressed regarding our teams' culture, that LSU AD would consider it disrespectful to his legacy to replace him with a coach he obviously does not care for.

I'm willing to push that narrative to them at least

yep. i'm crazy enough to buy it, and so are other people apparently. i even think price gouging laws are idiotic. water being $15 a bottle after a hurricane isn't evil, it incentivizes people to buy up water and go down to disaster areas to make a buck, which by default helps those without access to water. Just because a profit is involved doesn't mean it's not helping people.
I see you like Thomas Sowell too...

Reactions: StoVol
Tickets are worth what people are willing to pay for them. It’s no different in any other market.

Doesn't not make you a complete POS for making this a market. People that actually want tickets are harmed. No one gets harmed from me buying up all the available Bitcoin.

There is a fine line between numerator and denominator.

iu

Doesn't not make you a complete POS for making this a market. People that actually want tickets are harmed. No one gets harmed from me buying up all the available Bitcoin.
No they're not. If the tickets get sold, then people who wanted them really badly still got them. If they don't get sold, people who want them for a cheaper price will still get them.

No they're not. If the tickets get sold, then people who wanted them really badly still got them. If they don't get sold, people who want them for a cheaper price will still get them.

How is that a hard concept to grasp. If the tickets aren't selling at the current asking price, the seller will lower the price to sell the tickets. They are just going to hold them out of spite. They will be willing to make something instead of holding tickets and losing their full value.

So you only really want them badly if you're rich? Forget your rent payment coming I guess. If they don't get sold to people with expendable income then I guess the scraps can go to the plebes right? I'd love a counterpoint, but I'm not seeing it, probably just gonna have to disagree here. I have bought and sold plenty of tickets in this manner for what it's worth. I never got lucky enough to earn this much of a profit off of them of course, but I guess I grew up and realized that a few hundred (at best) per ticket wasn't worth being a POS. There's plenty of other legitimate speculative assets you can buy and sell to make much more much quicker. Sports and concert tickets I have no interest in attending aren't one of them.

So you only really want them badly if you're rich? Forget your rent payment coming I guess. If they don't get sold to people with expendable income then I guess the scraps can go to the plebes right? I'd love a counterpoint, but I'm not seeing it, probably just gonna have to disagree here. I have bought and sold plenty of tickets in this manner for what it's worth. I never got lucky enough to earn this much of a profit off of them of course, but I guess I grew up and realized that a few hundred (at best) per ticket wasn't worth being a POS. There's plenty of other legitimate speculative assets you can buy and sell to make much more much quicker. Sports and concert tickets I have no interest in attending aren't one of them.

It's pretty commonly accepted that if you have a lot of money, you can afford to do more things. It's a baseball game, not a charity event. No one is owed cheap tickets just because they're poor.

How is that a hard concept to grasp. If the tickets aren't selling at the current asking price, the seller will lower the price to sell the tickets. They are just going to hold them out of spite. They will be willing to make something instead of holding tickets and losing their full value.

Tickets shouldn't be a speculative asset. People are just trying to attend games and cheer on their favorite team. You're literally making $ because you dialed quicker or knew someone with season tix. Is it hard to grasp that you're a complete POS if you do this? Get another gig, there's plenty out there.

So.... How is everyone feeling about Heupel?

I'm not super excited but we need to let him do his thing. Give him a couple of years to install his players and hopefully change the culture for the better.

I'll wait and see but I'll admit apathy has set in, they have to earn the trust of this fanbase again.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
So.... How is everyone feeling about Heupel?

I'm not super excited but we need to let him do his thing. Give him a couple of years to install his players and hopefully change the culture for the better.

I'll wait and see but I'll admit apathy has set in, they have to earn the trust of this fanbase again.
I’m not sure. I think he’s somewhat of a mix between Saban/Urban/Neyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back