Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
iu
86b48a7287283fdb1c09aa245f1de433.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Glitch
So.... How is everyone feeling about Heupel?

I'm not super excited but we need to let him do his thing. Give him a couple of years to install his players and hopefully change the culture for the better.

I'll wait and see but I'll admit apathy has set in, they have to earn the trust of this fanbase again.
I’m 100% bought in...... can’t wait to drive from North Carolina to attend the Thursday night game..... I’m still working on my wife on the importance of my son missing two days of school to attend a football game.

I’m 100% bought in...... can’t wait to drive from North Carolina to attend the Thursday night game..... I’m still working on my wife on the importance of my son missing two days of school to attend a football game.

If your son is still in elementary school, then you need to tell her that your son will learn more by riding in the car reading the interstate signs then he would in K-5 grade.

Tickets shouldn't be a speculative asset. People are just trying to attend games and cheer on their favorite team. You're literally making $ because you dialed quicker or knew someone with season tix. Is it hard to grasp that you're a complete POS if you do this? Get another gig, there's plenty out there.

There are a finite number of tickets. This isn't Neyland we are trying to fill. This is LNS with extra leased bleachers for the CWS regional/super regional. There are only about 4k per game no matter how many people want them. Then you take away the seats they reserve for students and there just aren't a lot of tickets to go around.

Now, let's talk about supply and demand. There is an inverse relationship between the supply of a good/service and the demand for that good/service. If there is a large supply of a product but nobody wants it, the price will decrease to a point that people are willing to buy it. Inversely, when there is a limited amount of a product (e.g. Super Regional tickets for the UT vs LSU series) and everybody wants it, that product becomes worth more and the price will go up to account for that intrinsic value.

Here's a picture in case the words is too hard...

iu

Anyone listen to the Nateland Podcast today? They compared how Heupel talks to Nate Bargatze and he poked fun at UT.

He's a diehard Vandy fan. Can't expect much different. I also give him lots of credit because diehard Vandy fans are very rare. Like fit them all in a Honda Accord for a road trip rare.

As someone who sold tickets for IMGL for a living at one point and interacted with several brokers, some brokers are great people who run it as a legitimate business and some are scummy people who try to rip people off. Like every industry there's a mix of people and blanket statements in one way or the other won't be correct.

I was in my garage packing for our move and found this jewel in a box. September 1988 Vols Vs Duke game day magazine that I had bought and kept. Took several pictures of inside. One is a write up of a young Tim Priest. Look at the players that pass through here that became legends in the NFL like Stanley Morgan. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• 8CCB0C70-8724-47B9-95F2-48B6EB98481E.jpeg
    8CCB0C70-8724-47B9-95F2-48B6EB98481E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • CF4CC49F-A6E3-4375-BAF7-534889706605.jpeg
    CF4CC49F-A6E3-4375-BAF7-534889706605.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 3A43EEB5-CA27-48B5-BCD8-D345B6D94ADD.jpeg
    3A43EEB5-CA27-48B5-BCD8-D345B6D94ADD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 1A2D6E53-2D48-460E-AAF0-30A006027D15.jpeg
    1A2D6E53-2D48-460E-AAF0-30A006027D15.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 55810730-785A-4923-8E8E-140E20CE8FF0.jpeg
    55810730-785A-4923-8E8E-140E20CE8FF0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 3FB0D8AE-1D2E-4CF6-9925-8CED9F2C38F7.jpeg
    3FB0D8AE-1D2E-4CF6-9925-8CED9F2C38F7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Christ. Snake oil salesmen are more morally upright than scalpers.

Go see a scalper right before or right after the game starts. You will get a better price or at least negotiate some. If they are out of tickets then you weren't motivated to see the game as much as others that were willing to pay more.

I like the new upgrades to Neyland! That north end zone "club" level will be amazing and, I think, the first of its kind in the SEC. And thank GOD there will finally be a video board in that north end zone!!

I could take or leave the field level suites, but that's more because I like to actually see the game and you can't see the game from behind the players.

All in all, I think ADDW is taking a great first step, but agree with others that say we need a new coat of paint on some stuff :).

Because they’re trying to make money. I don’t think trying to make money makes you a POS.
Does stealing money make you a POS?

Because making money without providing a good/service/value is stealing. And scalping tickets at a mark up doesn't meet any of those criteria.

Taking advantage of the scarcity of someone else's product just to make money is about as morally corrupt as you can get.

Reactions: BigOrangeVols
I found this game day magazine from September 1988 Vols vs Duke. Took some pictures that I thought you guys would enjoy of the staff and players. Some that went on to be legends in the NFL like Stanley Morgan. There is a write up of a young Tim Priest also. Some players that have coached her. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• D46B962B-77F1-44A5-900D-0AC193649492.jpeg
    D46B962B-77F1-44A5-900D-0AC193649492.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 1FEB5AA1-B33A-4A0B-AA77-67FE1FB62274.jpeg
    1FEB5AA1-B33A-4A0B-AA77-67FE1FB62274.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • C0FFF186-AF52-45D2-9F4B-687C3DE8978C.jpeg
    C0FFF186-AF52-45D2-9F4B-687C3DE8978C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • CAFB0A80-2564-4401-8B33-67EA9DBC31AE.jpeg
    CAFB0A80-2564-4401-8B33-67EA9DBC31AE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • B4DA8C99-3FBF-4D34-9736-65F5BBF78985.jpeg
    B4DA8C99-3FBF-4D34-9736-65F5BBF78985.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Go see a scalper right before or right after the game starts. You will get a better price or at least negotiate some. If they are out of tickets then you weren't motivated to see the game as much as others that were willing to pay more.

There are a finite number of tickets. This isn't Neyland we are trying to fill. This is LNS with extra leased bleachers for the CWS regional/super regional. There are only about 4k per game no matter how many people want them. Then you take away the seats they reserve for students and there just aren't a lot of tickets to go around.

Now, let's talk about supply and demand. There is an inverse relationship between the supply of a good/service and the demand for that good/service. If there is a large supply of a product but nobody wants it, the price will decrease to a point that people are willing to buy it. Inversely, when there is a limited amount of a product (e.g. Super Regional tickets for the UT vs LSU series) and everybody wants it, that product becomes worth more and the price will go up to account for that intrinsic value.

Here's a picture in case the words is too hard...

iu

I can't believe you typed all that out just to make a fool of yourself. Supply is going to be horizontal there buddy. The chart might work for the second hand market but the whole discussion is that people are bastards for making that market on sports tickets. So I clearly disagree with "making $ is not bad ever" and you and Lowe probably do too since you would think that snake oil salesmen are indeed bad. I'm just assuming ticket scalpers fall on the moral side of the line for professions for you and you don't really have a good reason why except for "makes money".

I don't need advice on buying tickets, I'm subjected to them yearly as well. Scalpers need advice on making a living morally.

Does stealing money make you a POS?

Because making money without providing a good/service/value is stealing. And scalping tickets at a mark up doesn't meet any of those criteria.

Taking advantage of the scarcity of someone else's product just to make money is about as morally corrupt as you can get.

The entire economy operates on supply and demand. Why stop at the scalpers? Does Nike not create artificial scarcity every time they release a pair of jordans that cost $1 to make and sell them for $250? Lets just price fix everything since its so evil.

I can't believe you typed all that out just to make a fool of yourself. Supply is going to be horizontal there buddy. The chart might work for the second hand market but the whole discussion is that people are bastards for making that market on sports tickets. So I clearly disagree with "making $ is not bad ever" and you and Lowe probably do too since you would think that snake oil salesmen are indeed bad. I'm just assuming ticket scalpers fall on the moral side of the line for professions for you and you don't really have a good reason why except for "makes money".

I don't need advice on buying tickets, I'm subjected to them yearly as well. Scalpers need advice on making a living morally.
we object to snake oil salesmen because they sell things based on lies. I don't like mega churches because they're selling god for profit and offer nothing of any real substance to their congregation. Selling tickets is at least something of value. See the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back