Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has nothing to do with the level...it has to do with the sheer number of guys they have and their willing to win even if it means going above their means to contribute...our guys have PTSD from the last 15 years and are gun shy or have aged out. Pretty simple we are just as good as anyone else just don’t have the sheer amount of bullets that others have. A great hire would inspire and help change that IMO.

A great hire you say - say more :)

He is right, if he is talking about after the 21 season.

Will be too late.

Most of the fanbase will be packing their things. New coach this year or bust.

If we wait till next year to fire Pruitt our 2022 class may end up sucking. Personally I'd rather have the 2022 class then this one

They haven’t. That’s just stupid. Upped his support staff by like 30 staffers, hand picked his own head trainer for football, broke the bank for multiple coordinators, installed a brand new indoor field for him, upped recruiting budgets from butch, built a brand new football weight room, then restocked it with the weights fitz wanted (then he leaves Bc he hated Pruitt lol)...the list goes on and on. Pruitt had more “tools and support” here then lane, Dooley, and butch combined.
Is it possible that even though they've upped his staff, paid up for coordinators, etc., it's still "less than Bama" and that's why he thinks he hasn't been given enough support?

I think he has had lots of trouble adjusting to being a football coach outside of Tuscaloosa - he gameplans and plays the game at times like he has deep, elite talent at every position. The Georgia St game last year was case in point of that. IMO, he's a quintessential, in-over-his-head assistant that is not ready or cut out to be the head of the organization.

Will be too late.

Most of the fanbase will be packing their things. New coach this year or bust.

If we wait till next year to fire Pruitt our 2022 class may end up sucking. Personally I'd rather have the 2022 class then this one
I argued this a month ago. Talent will leave if its not done this year. Transfers and the class will be junk for next year. It would be 23 class before a coach could get a decent one.

Auburn 247 mod, Ron Sanders, just did a Q&A on their board and said Steele is the front runner. He has a lot of people in his corner, including the school president. Next two in line are Sark and Kiffin. I find it interesting that LWS mentioned yesterday that he thinks Kiffin would be the best hire available and @LA Vol talking about him a bit today. And with him in the running for the Auburn job also, makes me think there’s a real shot he could be Pruitts replacement. Hmmm.

But then again, I cant see the power people bringing him back. Sigh.

There’s too much smoke from outside credible media people and now all this public disfunction between him and boosters, coaches, and support staffers. It’s not something you can come back from. He’s genuinely disliked inside his own walls and he has no one but to blame but himself.
I hope you're correct, but I still don't see Phil being ready to make a change. Imo he does get next year.

They haven’t. That’s just stupid. Upped his support staff by like 30 staffers, hand picked his own head trainer for football, broke the bank for multiple coordinators, installed a brand new indoor field for him, upped recruiting budgets from butch, built a brand new football weight room, then restocked it with the weights fitz wanted (then he leaves Bc he hated Pruitt lol)...the list goes on and on. Pruitt had more “tools and support” here then lane, Dooley, and butch combined.

Every word of this is the truth. Fulmer has bent over backward and given Pruitt everything he needs to to be successful here. We're in this mess right now because of a head coach who is bull headed and stubborn as an ox. Only Pruitt can change the narrative going forward and I don't see him changing.

Imagine what Freeze could do with all of that

Is it possible that even though they've upped his staff, paid up for coordinators, etc., it's still "less than Bama" and that's why he thinks he hasn't been given enough support?

I think he has had lots of trouble adjusting to being a football coach outside of Tuscaloosa - he gameplans and plays the game at times like he has deep, elite talent at every position. The Georgia St game last year was case in point of that. IMO, he's a quintessential, in-over-his-head assistant that is not ready or cut out to be the head of the organization.

Get the vibe Pruitt expect us to treat him like Alabama treats Saban...if that is the case he's really stupider than I thought.

Auburn 247 mod, Ron Sanders, just did a Q@A on their board and said Steele is the front runner. He has a lot of people in his corner, including the school president. Next two in line are Sark and Kiffin. I find it interesting that LWS mentioned yesterday that he thinks Kiffin would be the best hire available and @LA Vol talking about him a bit today. And with him in the running for the Auburn job also, makes me think there’s a real shot he could be Pruitts replacement. Hmmm.

But then again, I cant see the power people bringing him back. Sigh.
I find it more likely that Kiffin jumps ship next year and not this year.

That's what I don't like...it's like Freeze is the new Gruden.

At least Gruden's wife went to UT though. I don't think Freeze is really wanting UT as bad as the fans are wanting Freeze to want UT.

I kind of agree with this. I think it's probably being a bit overblown at this point. He's still far more realistic than Gruden was.

I'm all in on Freeze even without the Tennessee connection. Though I think that could be what gets his foot in the door here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back