Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my gif was misunderstood. What I meant to convey was that the party is over for Pruitt. I think he's gone but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, our coaching searches over the past 10+ years have been more entertaining than watching our football team.
🤣🤣 absolutely. And 100 percent hope you guys are correct!

I don’t think the AD ever fully makes the coaching hire so why would it matter this time if he’s not fully ready? Auburns AD wasn’t ready, but the people who matter were.

The haslams and money people get flamed and deservedly so, but don’t think for one second they don’t WANT UT football to succeed. That’s them losing money. When UT football is popping, Knoxville is popping, and so is every other industry on any given Saturday. They know how important this coaching hire is. They ain’t wasting time waiting around and losing money. Fu** it, it’s their money... let’s see who they want.
I don't see why anybody in the world would want to be an AD at a major school.

They are paid less than the coaches, probably have less job security than the coaches, are railroaded by boosters who are the ones who really make the decisions, your employees (the coaches) have more de facto power than you do, yet they are technically the "boss" and have to be the one who actually makes the decision.

That sounds like an absolutely awful job - they don't even really let you do your job, your employees have more power than you, and they don't pay enough to put up with all the crap.

I hate Pollack more than anything but he’s right bout Freeze. Would also bring that same excitement to TN.

Looks like the main CFB ESPN guys would be in our corner if we hired Freeze... that has to help with the negative publicity that the Dan Wolken's of the world would try to stir up

Agree he’d be #1 on the board.

Strongly disagree that he’d leave a school after one year again.

My main hesitation would be that we would be worried he would leave again every offseason. I think he would ride it out here awhile if he did come back tho. We would just have to learn to enjoy the moment. We would deal with endless rumors every offseason.

Ole Miss has to be worried right now that he might leave. If they say they aren't they're lying.

Maybe my gif was misunderstood. What I meant to convey was that the party is over for Pruitt. I think he's gone but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, our coaching searches over the past 10+ years have been more entertaining than watching our football team.
They are until we get the end result!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back