Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask yall... If Freeze is off the table...

Would you rather keep Pruitt one more year if it guarantees Kiffin

Or

Fk kiffin anyways and let's go get someone else.

Pruitt won't be fired this year and won't resign. So yeah I agree with you. Next year when he is fired, all these names mentioned will be completely different except Kiffin and the normal pipe dreams. It is fun and I have found myself lurking more but more of hopes of someone saying Pruitt will be fired.

Get the vibe Pruitt expect us to treat him like Alabama treats Saban...if that is the case he's really stupider than I thought.
In his press conferences, he definitely thinks he can be Saban and not get flak for his demeanor. In that regard, he's like a spoiled rich kid. He doesn't understand that Saban gets away with that (and in fact, some people even find it endearing) only because he wins as much as he does. If he won to any less of an extent, that act would get old there in about a nanosecond. Saban has even slammed their own fans (students) for leaving games early, or not attending games against creampuffs, and people thought it was funny. They didn't even get upset.

"You mean not everybody lives this way?"

I find it more likely that Kiffin jumps ship next year and not this year.

I can’t see him bolting after one year again. Took too much sh*t for it. Supposedly has matured - how would that show any maturity at all?

He’d be my #1 pick tho.

I hope you're correct, but I still don't see Phil being ready to make a change. Imo he does get next year.
I don’t think the AD ever fully makes the coaching hire so why would it matter this time if he’s not fully ready? Auburns AD wasn’t ready, but the people who matter were.

The haslams and money people get flamed and deservedly so, but don’t think for one second they don’t WANT UT football to succeed. That’s them losing money. When UT football is popping, Knoxville is popping, and so is every other industry on any given Saturday. They know how important this coaching hire is. They ain’t wasting time waiting around and losing money. Fu** it, it’s their money... let’s see who they want.

I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.
Now you’re talking ATL!!!

I don’t think the AD ever fully makes the coaching hire so why would it matter this time if he’s not fully ready? Auburns AD wasn’t ready, but the people who matter were.

The haslams and money people get flamed and deservedly so, but don’t think for one second they don’t WANT UT football to succeed. That’s them losing money. When UT football is popping, Knoxville is popping, and so is every other industry on any given Saturday. They know how important this coaching hire is. They ain’t wasting time waiting around and losing money. Fu** it, it’s their money... let’s see who they want.
I agree the Haslams want it to succeed they just haven't done a very good job in picking out coaches.

I can’t see him bolting after one year again. Took too much sh*t for it. Supposedly has matured - how would that show any maturity at all?

He’d be my #1 pick tho.

At least he would be leaving after one year to heal an old wound at the place he originally left. Lol.

This is probably who we should pursue the more I think about it. I would be so damn excited.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

I agree with you guys, and I want a Stoops or Meyer like guy too... but we are not getting someone like that --- BUT, there are several coaches within our range that would want to be here and kill themselves to be successful. And that is quite a bit more than what is currently going on... I want someone else in here ASAP so that the current talent is not wasted any longer than it has to be... There are at least 2-3 coaches who could come in and change the culture, balance the chemistry, bring excitement, and pull some talent.
We are currently just spinning around the drain waiting to go under...

“David Sh!+Bag Pollack” said:
As Auburn continues to look for its next head coach, more than a few national analysts have brought up the idea that Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze should be a candidate for the job. ESPN analyst and former Georgia linebacker David Pollack certainly believes Freeze should get some consideration.

On a recent episode of the ‘College Football Podcast with Herbstreit and Pollack,’ Pollack explained why he thinks Freeze would be the right person for the job at Auburn. If Pollack were at a program who has to play the Tigers on an annual basis, Freeze is a coach that he wouldn’t want to see on the opposite sideline every year.

“I always look at the hires and go, ‘If I was playing against them year after year, who wouldn’t I want there?’ There’s no way in hell I would want Hugh Freeze there,” Pollack said. “I wouldn’t want him there. You’re talking about a guy that, like Kirk (Herbstreit) said, has beaten Bama, but the offense is way different than Gus. Way different. Hugh Freeze has his hand on it, and Hugh Freezecan take advantage of the passing game. Hugh Freeze puts you in conflict.”

Pollack feels that Freeze would bring energy to an Auburn program that has gotten stagnant over the last couple of years. Additionally, Freeze has proven that he can get the most out of the talent he has on his roster.

“Just Hugh Freeze coming into that (program),” Pollack said. “Hugh Freeze has consistently done more with less. You’re not going to have as much as Alabama. You’re going to play them every year. You’re not going to have as much as Georgia. You play them every year. I need a guy that’s exciting.
The former Bulldog did give Gus Malzahnsome credit. Pollack said that Malzahn did well at Auburn, but his offenses just deteriorated in recent years. The defense was always solid, but the same couldn’t be said for the other side of the ball.

“Here’s the thing that I’ll say about Gus,” Pollack said. “I think Gus did a good job. I think Gus’ offenses were really poor the last three or four years. Really poor. I don’t think they maximized what they had. I don’t think they evolved in passing concepts. They could have been a lot better on that side of the football. Defensively, last year and two years ago, you’re talking about lights out just hammering people defensively. This year they took a step back because you lose so many studs to the NFL.”
I hate Pollack more than anything but he’s right bout Freeze. Would also bring that same excitement to TN.

You are correct in that regard but it can't be noth ways. One time the AD doesn't hire or fire. And then the next the AD made the worst football hire possible. The boosters are the ones that made this big mess we are in to begin with.

Get the vibe Pruitt expect us to treat him like Alabama treats Saban...if that is the case he's really stupider than I thought.
Well, you get that treatment when you win National Championships. I'm quite sure our rabid fan base would treat him like Saban with that result. Fans might, but our media----never :cool::cool::cool:

Sad thing is I think Pruitt could have done well here if he’d just got out of his own way.
Sticking with Guarantano in 2019 and it working out emboldened him. He waited way too long before it was realized FOR HIM that there wasn’t going to be a redeaux. That’s on him.

Nah, I like the fun part. Just all my opinion. Same as everyone elses.

Maybe my gif was misunderstood. What I meant to convey was that the party is over for Pruitt. I think he's gone but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, our coaching searches over the past 10+ years have been more entertaining than watching our football team.

Auburn 247 mod, Ron Sanders, just did a Q&A on their board and said Steele is the front runner. He has a lot of people in his corner, including the school president. Next two in line are Sark and Kiffin. I find it interesting that LWS mentioned yesterday that he thinks Kiffin would be the best hire available and @LA Vol talking about him a bit today. And with him in the running for the Auburn job also, makes me think there’s a real shot he could be Pruitts replacement. Hmmm.

But then again, I cant see the power people bringing him back. Sigh.

Buck Fitz( Corner 36) says Auburn is hiring Steele. Search Firm is a smoke screen.

At least he would be leaving after one year to heal an old wound at the place he originally left. Lol.

This is probably who we should pursue the more I think about it. I would be so damn excited.

Agree he’d be #1 on the board.

Strongly disagree that he’d leave a school after one year again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back