Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely do not understand the Steele hire. It's not like Auburn has some magical recruiting class that he would help in keeping together. If he is indeed the man that is now 3 very underwhelming hires in the SEC. Freeze looks like Robert Neyland compared to those 3 choices.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
In his press conferences, he definitely thinks he can be Saban and not get flak for his demeanor. In that regard, he's like a spoiled rich kid. He doesn't understand that Saban gets away with that (and in fact, some people even find it endearing) only because he wins as much as he does. If he won to any less of an extent, that act would get old there in about a nanosecond. Saban has even slammed their own fans (students) for leaving games early, or not attending games against creampuffs, and people thought it was funny. They didn't even get upset.

"You mean not everybody lives this way?"
Saban is a smart guy who is also a grouch with no sense of humor.
Pruitt is a dumb guy who is also a grouch with no sense of humor.

Been tied up at work all day. Insurance profession is hectic this time of year. Anyone wanna briefly fill me in if I’ve missed anything on Pruitt and Auburn’s search?

"Best I can do is Randy Sanders"

-Fulmer, probably
You say that as a joke (presumably)...honestly, I don't think it's that far off from reality.

Hypothetically, let's say Fulmer had to make another head coaching hire. I think his first two calls would be to Kevin Steele and Mel Tucker, who he considered the first time along with Pruitt. If he couldn't secure either one of those guys, I don't think you'd have to go much farther down the list to find Randy Sanders. Seriously. Especially now that Randy has 2 years of HC experience somewhere.

Phil was never a "big thinker" when it came to his football coaching staffs. He only likes talking to and dealing with people who he considers to be in his "circle" and already has a close, chummy relationship with.

Reactions: Aesius
Absolutely do not understand the Steele hire. It's not like Auburn has some magical recruiting class that he would help in keeping together. If he is indeed the man that is now 3 very underwhelming hires in the SEC. Freeze looks like Robert Neyland compared to those 3 choices.
That is so Tennessee it hurts. In no way is Steele an upgrade over Malzahn. Unless there's some homerun OC hire like Briles coming, they just spent a lot of money to get worse at football. They're about to know what it has felt like being a TN fan

Sticking with Guarantano in 2019 and it working out emboldened him. He waited way too long before it was realized FOR HIM that there wasn’t going to be a redeaux. That’s on him.
I think Pruitt saw what JG did coming, off the bench, in our 6 game winning streak last year and was blinded by that performance. That's the only reasonable explanation for sticking with him this year even though we didn't have spring practice. I hope we can play with ATM this Saturday and, at least, give them a game.

Saban is a smart guy who is also a grouch with no sense of humor.
Pruitt is a dumb guy who is also a grouch with no sense of humor.
I don't think Pruitt is dumb - I just don't think he is a big picture thinker. He's super knowledgeable and interested about whatever details are right in front of his face. He doesn't think in terms of long-term strategy or positioning, and isn't well-suited to be the leader of an organization.

So South Carolina fired Muschamp to hire Beamer and Auburn fired Gus to hire Steele all while paying insane buyouts? It also seems like USCe is retaining some coaches for one year until they can afford to get others. Gonna be a tough job recruiting there.

Reactions: AppStVol
I think Pruitt saw what JG did coming, off the bench, in our 6 game winning streak last year and was blinded by that performance. That's the only reasonable explanation for sticking with him this year even though we didn't have spring practice. I hope we can play with ATM this Saturday and, at least, give them a game.

That's the thing though, besides the Missouri game, JG played poorly in almost every other game during that stretch.

Edit to say that Pruitt is lucky Missou, USC, and Vandy have dropped back to their normal levels.

I could only imagine if Mizzou and South Carolina were still decent teams.

It does look like Mizzou is getting better.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Been tied up at work all day. Insurance profession is hectic this time of year. Anyone wanna briefly fill me in if I’ve missed anything on Pruitt and Auburn’s search?
YaDa YaDa YaDa YaDa still nothing concrete, Pruitt Is our coach and we are playing ATM on Saturday and possibly looking for a coach on Sunday. That'll be $9.99 :cool::cool:

Kiffin isn't a bad hire. He got TN to 7 wins the year after a 5 win season and had a second elite recruiting class lined up. USC was his dream job, its not different than if a poster here was hired at lets say UCLA then came to TN the same way. Kiffin was 28-15 at USC and that was while spending two years dealing with sanctions from the Reggie Bush stuff. FIU was a terrible program when he took over and won the conference twice. He also has Ole Mis bowl eligible for the first time in 5 years, and has more conference wins in year 1 than Pruitt does in year 3. He has also played closer and scored a hell of a lot more on Alabama than Pruitt has ever dreamed about. He will be a home run and will end up at one of our rivals kicking our ass while we hire coach mcgoogle.
1608070852674.gif
Kiffin would do this for us or against us. Agree 💯 he’d be a home run

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back