Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We at least have to admire that we are going about this the right way so we don’t end up like Auburn. Lock someone up then make the move.
What do you mean, the right way? We don't know if they are or aren't. If they are keeping Pruitt, its just another end of the year. When they fire and hire, whenever that is, it can be discussed how they did it. Until then, we don't know.

I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.
Not sure whether to read that as a subversive coup attempt against the sitting powers-that-be or just a focused massing of resources to outweigh the other side.

lol maybe they're the same thing....

Can someone please tell me how the administration has screwed Jeremy? Please? I’m totally lost
The dude has hired and fired at will and spends millions of dollars screwing with the staff. What have they not done?

That's pushback on Pruitt's end. JP has been given everything in the world to help him succeed. Hells bells, Fulmer recruited for him and allowed him to skip out on a ton press and fan duties his first year. I don't know of another HC that was as eased into the role (if not downright coddled) like Pruitt has been. Everything in the world was done to make it so that most of his job focused around coaching rather than coaching plus all the other duties that come with being HC.

That's pushback on Pruitt's end. JP has been given everything in the world to help him succeed. Hells bells, Fulmer recruited for him and allowed him to skip out on a ton press and fan duties his first year. I don't know of another HC that was as eased into the role (if not downright coddled) like Pruitt has been. Everything in the world was done to make it so that most of his job focused around coaching rather than coaching plus all the other duties that come with being HC.
exactly!

I choose to believe some things are in motion and we are looking ... Have no idea if we hit a home run or get a McGoogle again, but I think there will be a change. I haven't seen this much total disdain for a current coach across the board in a long time... no way they can keep him, they have to know that and it will show next season...
You would think if it was a money thing with the revenue we've lost, then why potentially keep the bleeding going and make it worse by keeping a failing coach who no one wants or wants to support? They have to weigh how much revenue they'll loose keeping the gump.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I think if we did hire Kiffin some salty peanuts in here would root for us to fail immediately.

I think Kiffin would do well here but the amount of people who would be all up in their feels about it would be pretty unbearable IMO.
I think it’s a lot less than you think. Losing has a way of softening your heart towards someone who made a tough decision.

I choose to believe some things are in motion and we are looking ... Have no idea if we hit a home run or get a McGoogle again, but I think there will be a change. I haven't seen this much total disdain for a current coach across the board in a long time... no way they can keep him, they have to know that and it will show next season...
You would think if it was a money thing with the revenue we've lost, then why potentially keep the bleeding going and make it worse by keeping a failing coach who no one wants or wants to support? They have to weigh how much revenue they'll loose keeping the gump.
It wouldn't be the first time they've miscalculated the fanbase.

They didn't think the fans would throw a fit after Schiano, and they might not think that the cost of lost revenue next year (and future years) exceeds the price of Pruitt and his staff's buyouts.

If the cost of keeping the coach exceeds the cost of removing the coach, you have to remove the coach. Period.

Reactions: volinbama256
What do you mean, the right way? We don't know if they are or aren't. If they are keeping Pruitt, its just another end of the year. When they fire and hire, whenever that is, it can be discussed how they did it. Until then, we don't know.
What I mean is they are at least seeing who if anyone is interested before firing. Don’t you think Auburn wishes they would’ve done the same?

What I mean is they are at least seeing who if anyone is interested before firing. Don’t you think Auburn wishes they would’ve done the same?
It would premature for me to answer that at this time. Steele sure did seem like the top guy from the get go. He had to be close to their top choice. Is it a good hire, I don't personally think so but that may have been a top candidate the whole time. The only other name I have even heard mentioned as a candidate is Mario C. Smoke screen or not, they just hired the search firm for vetting today. But I do like having a person locked in first. I just don't know that this is going on atm.

It would premature for me to answer that at this time. Steele sure did seem like the top guy from the get go. He had to be close to their top choice. Is it a good hire, I don't personally think so but that may have been a top candidate the whole time. The only other name I have even heard mentioned as a candidate is Mario C. Smoke screen or not, they just hired the search firm for vetting today. But I do like having a person locked in first. I just don't know that this is going on atm.
No way you fire Malzahn thinking boy I hope we can get Steele. They fired without a plan in place. Or maybe Steele is cover for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back