Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.
I am hoping 🙏🏻 🍊🏈

Lol at y’all thinking one convo Fulmer has with a recruit solidifies he’s returning. My buddy that’s a high school coach says most recruits find out about coaching changes via Twitter. They don’t tell recruits anything. Vandy told one of his about firing Mason and that was “not routine”.

At this point, we don’t have the monetary advantages we had in the 90s/early 2000s before tv money evened the playing field with the lower tier schools in the conference. Similarly, we don’t have the advantage of powerhouse in state recruiting options. Realistically, if we can get to a bowl game 3 out 4 years and show life as a competitor in the east about 2 out of 4 (possibly winning it once) that coach is probably a long haul candidate. I also think you can’t really count this year as a normal one for UT given the weird contact tracing our school had to endure that others didn’t. If this were a normal year, I think we definitely hit the bowl game mark and have a shot at the second one with Bailey and Shrout getting an actual full camp to compete.

Every revenue/profit list I can find has Tennessee in the top 15. That is insane considering where the program has been the past decade. While we had contact tracing issues, I think most of our players have been available to play in games. Some teams have been without 20+ players for games and are still performing better than we are. LSU beat Florida with a lot of guys sitting out. Florida beat us soundly.

You may not like the idea of firing Pruitt because of the recent past but can you name a reason for keeping him? We are often unprepared, can not lineup, blow coverages, have questionable clock management, have a coach that can not get along with his assistants, make questionable personnel decisions, not recruiting at a level to overcome coaching.

I think the announcers in both the Auburn and Arkansas game said we played well in the first half. We played so well that we scored 13 points in the first half against Arkansas and 10 points in the first half against Auburn, let that sink in. I think Pruitt was worth taking a risk on when we hired him, but it is highly unlikely that he turns this around and a lot of the blame is on the decisions that he has made.

With this one time transfer, players are having high school coaches contact college coaches to see if a spot is available. This is about to be crazy. As usually NCAA ones not think this through
Yep, basically have free agency every year. I’m assuming that’s why we are leaving so many spots open.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back