Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Pruitt stays, and we overhaul the staff, I wonder if we could interest Chadwell in being our OC? I know, people are going to ask "why would he leave being a head coach?". He has no P5 coaching experience. Getting that experience would help his resume, and make him more attractive for P5 openings. Maybe even eventually here. Fulmer was our OC until he became the HC, so it can happen.
More likely if he stays the course.

IF Pruitt stays, and we overhaul the staff, I wonder if we could interest Chadwell in being our OC? I know, people are going to ask "why would he leave being a head coach?". He has no P5 coaching experience. Getting that experience would help his resume, and make him more attractive for P5 openings. Maybe even eventually here. Fulmer was our OC until he became the HC, so it can happen.
5633E5E4-B481-4487-BA31-84A173A5A624.gif

Been a rough day. Today would have been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary, but we lost my dad 4 years ago. So how did I spend my day? Taking my mom to get an MRI to determine if she has breast cancer. We were supposed to get a call with the results this afternoon, but of course, no call. So I'm freaking out already. This hasn't helped. I mean, recruiting and football are nothing when compared to my mom, but at least those I can vent about. Just hoping they call tomorrow with good news.

So what are we gonna do about football and recruiting? We lose this class, and even if Pruitt does get canned, whoever comes in is facing an uphill battle to win. How many more years behind will we be?
Sending prayers

I don’t think anything has significantly changed. Pruitt stays IMO.
Yep and we go 6-6 and he gets year 5. He then goes 8-4. Gets another extension, then goes 5-7 in year 6. He then gets fired and burns it down on the way out. We then end up with the head coach from North Dakota St.

I get where you are coming from, but a post like this seems to forget that Butch was given 5 years. That means the entire roster was his. He wasn’t getting it done. We gave that guy every chance.

From memory... Battle was here for nearly 6 or 7 years. Majors was here for about 14. Fulmer for 17. Lane was here for 1 but he left on his own. Dooley was the only one here for 3 but deserved to get yanked. Butch was here for 5. Then there's Skoal Can Pruitt. If given next year, he'd be here for 4. Most other SEC rivals have cycled through more or less the number of coaches that we have in that amount of time. These fans that say we hire and fire coaches every 3 years and whine about how coaches won't want to come here because of that are living in LaLa Land.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I don't think anything changes except for some assistants maybe a coordinator. We've been here before, we know better. If we do pull the trigger I have zero faith we do anything but bungle the search. That's the way it has been and that's the way it is until they prove it. Simple as that.

Sorry just watched second half on DVr

Unfortunately I haven’t.
I think any length at all is going to eat his lunch against ncaa tourney caliber teams. Obviously we are freaking loaded with guards and I am ready to see JJJ play some 4 and take minutes from Olivier and EA
This is a bad take. Did you know this isn’t 1994 anymore? Basketball is going smaller and more athletic. He doesn’t need to be David robinson. He just needs to come in and provide energy, rebound and some inside relief. Not many teams are rolling out a roster full of 7 footers.

When we have LWS quotes it really feels like movement good or bad is happening.(🤷🏻‍♂️) I slacked following between this season and the last, but I don’t remember many of his quotes posted.

I love this Idea. Anyone know how much his new contract is worth at CC. He was making less than 400k

@JacketVol bro I know you want to to touch base on this so please from the bottom of our “coaching search clarity hearts ♥️ “ elaborate on this so we know the extent👀🥺🙏🏽🙏🏽😫

I do not know how this is going to end but if Pruitt gets another year, this will be a dead program. You fire him now or fire him next year. Another year of Pruitt, not too many people will have any interest left for the football program. The Pruitt experiment has run its course. He sucks now and he is going to suck next year.

PF won’t get fired but he isn’t in charge either

I've said it countless times. We have not had a real AD since Dickey. We rule by warring factions and our program is effed up because of it. Those factions are going to have to cede power to an actual AD at some point if we're ever going to truly succeed.

Been a rough day. Today would have been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary, but we lost my dad 4 years ago. So how did I spend my day? Taking my mom to get an MRI to determine if she has breast cancer. We were supposed to get a call with the results this afternoon, but of course, no call. So I'm freaking out already. This hasn't helped. I mean, recruiting and football are nothing when compared to my mom, but at least those I can vent about. Just hoping they call tomorrow with good news.

So what are we gonna do about football and recruiting? We lose this class, and even if Pruitt does get canned, whoever comes in is facing an uphill battle to win. How many more years behind will we be?
Prayers for you and your mom. Been through breast cancer with my wife . Waiting for news is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back