Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced the next person will perform any better than JP, given our inability to give time to a coach before jumping on the firing bandwagon. We’re currently replacing a coach an average of every 3.25 years. That means every 3ish years we “start over” again and expect the next guy to wow us once he has his players in (but then we don’t actually give them a chance to get those players in and develop them... especially in a year where we get 60% or so of the normal fall camp). Starting JG all year was a mistake, but you can’t blame a coach for sticking with a 5th year senior for least the first 4 games of the year when the other guys were unable to get sufficient reps in due to limited practice time early on. After that, I get the frustration...but that 5th year QB had played quite well for 2.5-3 of those first 4.

I get where you are coming from, but a post like this seems to forget that Butch was given 5 years. That means the entire roster was his. He wasn’t getting it done. We gave that guy every chance.

This is going to be a roller coaster. Part of me wants to believe...... but the wiser seasoned Vol fan in me somehow knows this will end right where it began anywhere from 1 to 5 years from now.

I'm going to have a few drinks before turning in.

Have the rules changed? Once upon a time, you sign your LOI and you're bound. Firing a coach didn't undo that. A school can choose to release you, but they don't have to. Is that no longer the case?

@butchna - You probably know the answer to this.

This is going to be a roller coaster. Part of me wants to believe...... but the wiser seasoned Vol fan in me somehow knows this will end right where it began anywhere from 1 to 5 years from now.

I'm going to have a few drinks before turning in.

The product on the field sucks so at least we can enjoy a potential coaching search.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Have the rules changed? Once upon a time, you sign your LOI and you're bound. Firing a coach didn't undo that. A school can choose to release you, but they don't have to. Is that no longer the case?

@butchna - You probably know the answer to this.
One time transfer rule starts January

The final indictment of Pruitt...... He mismanaged the roster to such a degree he had to mortgage the future for 1 year rentals. In the pros you do that when your window is closing and you want to make a run. We aren't competing for anything though, we are just trying to buy time..... For what?

It's over and done, the only two people oblivious to this appear to be Pruitt and Fulmer.

As someone mentioned earlier, Fulmer isn't making the decisions, he's being told what's happening and goin to happen.
Then why is he calling recruits in concert with Pruitt? One of these things isn't true, which is more likely to be true?

I don't have the answers. Just staying the obvious, info doesn't add up.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
IF Pruitt stays, and we overhaul the staff, I wonder if we could interest Chadwell in being our OC? I know, people are going to ask "why would he leave being a head coach?". He has no P5 coaching experience. Getting that experience would help his resume, and make him more attractive for P5 openings. Maybe even eventually here. Fulmer was our OC until he became the HC, so it can happen.

Then why is he calling recruits in concert with Pruitt? One of these things isn't true, which is more likely to be true?

I don't have the answers. Just staying the obvious, info doesn't add up.
The way I am looking at it is that Fulmer can call n say he isn't goin to be firing Pruitt and as far as he's concerned he's not going anywhere all the while booster's and top decision makers are formulating the plan or carrying out the plan. So in that regard Fulmer wouldn't be lying to recruits. Especially if he's not in the know of what's going on. I know that may be reading to much into it but it's all I got.

IF Pruitt stays, and we overhaul the staff, I wonder if we could interest Chadwell in being our OC? I know, people are going to ask "why would he leave being a head coach?". He has no P5 coaching experience. Getting that experience would help his resume, and make him more attractive for P5 openings. Maybe even eventually here. Fulmer was our OC until he became the HC, so it can happen.
If he was going to make such a move, he probably would want to work under a head coach who knew how to be a head coach.

"man, I mean the administration let's Pruitt process some recruits and then fire him?? Sounds a lot like Tennessee of the past dozen years but I think they are not that low down.. surely not.."- LWS
"I doubt this fanbase can be ensured.. they would just bitch more. If anything is going to happen it will in the next week. then the doubtful fans will know for sure, both sides"- LWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back